• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

One particular owner of most DCL Facebook groups

Status
Not open for further replies.
When there are 2 options, that's great. But as I and other posters have mentioned, in most cases using Dis Meets is not an option at all due to the inactivity.
I have no problem with FB groups, I really don't. The more the merrier. My point is that there are still active groups here on the DIS (though you are right, some cruises more than others).

You know what's funny about this is that I think that there are a lot of people on FB that have no clue that the DIS even exists. On our Southern Caribbean (like I said, it was fairly active with over 20 cabins), we passed a number of people in the hall as I was dropping off SWAG into an FE with quizzical looks at the cabin with an FE hanging there trying to find it on their printout and saying "why are there all of these cabins that aren't on the list!"

I have no problem with FB groups, I really don't. The more the merrier. My point is that there are still active groups here on the DIS (though you are right, some cruises more than others).

You know what's funny about this is that I think that there are a lot of people on FB that have no clue that the DIS even exists. On our Southern Caribbean (like I said, it was fairly active with over 20 cabins), we passed a number of people in the hall as I was dropping off SWAG into an FE with quizzical looks at the cabin with an FE hanging there trying to find it on their printout and saying "why are there all of these cabins that aren't on the list!"
There is actually neither a Dis Meets group nor a FB group for our December cruise. That's unusual & I'm curious to see what happens. I'm not 100% sure we'll be able to take that cruise (we're going to Europe next March & my son might need braces), so I don't want to try to start one myself, at least not until I'm sure we can sail. I'll see what happens...

There is actually neither a Dis Meets group nor a FB group for our December cruise. That's unusual & I'm curious to see what happens. I'm not 100% sure we'll be able to take that cruise (we're going to Europe next March & my son might need braces), so I don't want to try to start one myself, at least not until I'm sure we can sail. I'll see what happens...
My son just got into a magnet program this past Friday, not sure we are going to make our Feb 2019 cruise and I started that FB group, thank goodness I have another administrator.

Maybe this has happened once or twice, but it's not the norm. We've done FE's via Facebook on two recent cruises and are in the process of doing it for a third. No issues, no unpleasantness.

The way you're overgeneralizing this problem is unfortunately probably scaring some new cruisers away from doing any kind of Fish Exchange. What a shame for them to miss out!

Once again, you don't understand until it happens to you or someone you know. Overgeneralizing is your opinion and you are welcome to it. I for one know it happens and it happens a lot. Respectfully, you've only got two cruises under your belt. It doesn't happen to everyone and no one here has claimed it to be like that. As someone earlier stated, this thread is to make people aware of the situation.

Once again, you don't understand until it happens to you or someone you know. Overgeneralizing is your opinion and you are welcome to it. I for one know it happens and it happens a lot. Respectfully, you've only got two cruises under your belt. It doesn't happen to everyone and no one here has claimed it to be like that. As someone earlier stated, this thread is to make people aware of the situation.
How many Facebook FE groups have you personally participated in that have been subverted by this person?

Btw, I have cruised more than twice.

Gosh, I miss the days of the lime green. In the beginning it wasn't the Mickey head but everyone would wear lime green shirts for embarkation. It was always so much fun to see the sea of lime green while waiting.
It was always a great conversation starter, wasn't it!

How many Facebook FE groups have you personally participated in that have been subverted by this person?

Btw, I have cruised more than twice.
Sorry, I was referring to your statement about you having done 2 FB Fe's that I quoted and not the number of cruises total. Actually, it has not happened to me. I pulled out once it all got crazy and when it happened to a friend about 3 or 4 years ago. Since then, I have talked to many that it has happened to. The word gets out. People talk. I am in two of her groups so I do witness some of the crazy things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter