PALS FOREVER 4/28/12 FANTASY PRE-Trip Report

Okay, hi-jacking part of your pre-trip report.

Today, I started the paperwork for the adoption of my Shellie May (Sherimei) who will be joining us on this cruise!

I'm sure she and Duffy will look really fantastic in their outfits! (and will they need their own suitcases?)

Today, I started the paperwork for the adoption of my Shellie May (Sherimei) who will be joining us on this cruise!

I'm sure she and Duffy will look really fantastic in their outfits! (and will they need their own suitcases?)
Oh, my! "Sherimei"? Is that pronounced anything like "Shari Meyr" without the "r"? :rotfl2: JK

I am determined that my Duffy will not be bringing his own suitcase! He will have to make do with a few outfits stuffed into the outside pocket of my one checked bag. :lmao:

Ha ha - I figured not. Just remembering our Pal Mickey Cruise!

I am determined, however, to find a REALLY nice outfit for Sherimei (I somehow like that version of her name better than Shellie May) for Formal Night.

There are such beautiful outfits on Yahoo!Japan. But of course it takes an incredible amount of work - and a goodly sum to buy one. I will be hitting up Build-A-Bear for outfits - but wouldn't it be nice to have Duffy and Sherimei look really dressed up for Formal Night? :) Maybe I can find something really nice at BAB, or find someone that sews....

Of course, this WILL be a big deal for Duffy and Shellie Mae, going Concierge and all with "adults only." Do you think we should let the folks at DCL know in advance? :rotfl2: :lmao: :cool1:

At least they are Cast Members, and they don't require food. They MAY end up using that Murphy bed, however! :rotfl2:

Ummm . . PJs might be safer, and good for sitting out on the verandah, but I'm sure Duffy wouldn't mind if she wore a nightgown! :lmao:

We are going to have such great Photo Op moments! This is going to be such fun. It's also starting to feel more "real". Less than a year to go.

Pre-Cruise Party
Date: Friday, 27 April 2012
Time: 6:00 p.m. (approximate)
Dress: Casual
Food: Most likely pizza!
Guests: Shari, Duffy, Holly, Shellie Mae, Chip (?)

Pre-Cruise PJ Party
Date: Friday, 27 April 2012
Time: 9:00 p.m. (approximate)
Dress: PJs
Snacks: Popcorn (and a movie?)
Guests: Shari, Duffy, Holly, Shellie Mae, Chip (?)

Duffy's Cruise Party
Date: To be determined
Time: To be determined
Dress: Classy! (suitable for a French Champagne lounge!)
Beverages: Martinis? Champagne?
Guests: Shari, Duffy, Holly, Shellie Mae, and anyone else who shows up with a Duffy or Shellie Mae. :goodvibes

Let's get this party started! :rockband: party: :cool1:

As part of pre-trip planning, I created a website for this cruise, for all who are sailing with us. If you are among them, please check it out HERE. :surfweb:

Meanwhile, "ThePhantomsGirl" Holly awaits the arrival of her Shellie Mae, after which we will arrange an introduction to her travel companion, Duffy. It would be nice to do a "Disney day" with them, but we will probably have a "play day" at my house instead. I'm thinking we will secure Duffy and Shellie Mae onto the rear-facing back seat of the golf cart and drive over to The Downwind for lunch, then ride all around the community so they can be seen. After all, we are still kids at heart and like to show off our plush pals! Speaking of pals - - we MIGHT even let Pal Mickey join us! ::MickeyMo :rotfl2:

And yes - we shall shoot lots of photos!

We'll definitely do a Disney day with Duffy and ShellieMae, but I suspect we'll do one Shari's house first - like posted above.

I am definitely up for a WDW day though as soon as it cools down a little!

It looks like Shellie Mae's "delivery" may take awhile, so that's on the back burner for now. Hopefully there will be a not-unbearably hot or rainy day when Holly and I can meet up at WDW.

I've concluded that allowing the bears to share the Murphy bed with each other may be inappropriate as well as taking up space in the suite. I now believe Duffy should sleep with me, while Shellie Mae sleeps with Holly. They can spend their DAYS together, right? Besides, Shellie Mae will probably want to primp and dress in the mornings before facing Duffy. :ssst:

FYI to those sailing with us: I am not in charge of anything. I only do our cruise website. It includes a sign-yourself-up cruiser list and a lot more, but this cruise needs a volunteer to be "in charge" of organization for Fish Extender participation. Although the cruiser list notes participation or not, so far there is no "organizer." ;)

I'm up for going to WDW soon, although of course not during the 4th of July crowds. Of course all of July is usually busy isn't it? Still, even just getting to sit and chat is fun, especially getting to chat about this upcoming cruise.

Yes, sadly it looks to be like it will be August before Shellie Mae will arrive.

Hopefully someone will volunteer to organize the FE part. I'm so not a FE person...

I have never participated in an FE and not this time either, which is why I am not volunteering. I know it's a highlight of the cruise for many though, so I wanted to make it a bit easier with that on the cruiser list.

Definitely not going to WDW for the holiday, no. I guess right after that it's supposed to get back to daily t-storms. Ah, Florida! But hopefully there will be at least one good day soon. My Duffy wants to visit Germany in his German costume. :)

Hi!!!! We're onthe April 28th, 2012 cruise too. My husband and I will be celebrating our 33rd Wedding Anniversary. And we're very excited. It will be our 15th cruise too!!!! You know what that means, we're Platinum Castaway Cay Club Members.

Hope to see you on Board.

:wizard: :love: :cloud9:

:welcome: cruiselightupmylife - Glad to have you with us, and another Platinum at that! Congrats on your anniversary! Please be sure to sign up to be listed on our cruiser list on our cruise website, and of course join our cruise thread. There is a link to it from the Links page on the site, along with other resources. :goodvibes

I don't suppose you happen to have a Duffy the Disney Bear . . . :rotfl2:

Bumpin' this one up so I can continue it at some point. There's been a lot going on. From December 6 - 9, my mom and I will have a little holiday (plus my birthday on the 6th) getaway, Club Level (Concierge) at Disney's Yacht Club. We originally booked the Polynesian, but we want to spend a lot of time at Epcot and my mother uses a rollator, so for ease of access it made more sense to stay at YC and use the boat for transportation. The main reason we decided to go Concierge for that is for the YC's Concierge Lounge, since mom is diabetic and needs to eat small amounts frequently. It should be more convenient for her than hunting down snacks elsewhere.

I have a 3-night Dream cruise booked for 2/2/2012, not long before this one. I originally booked Cat. V but will now be Cat. T on that one also, and Holly is joining me.

When I return from the Dream, I'll focus more on the April 28th Fantasy. Can't wait to sail on the Fantasy. :goodvibes

UPDATE: I switched from the 1/26/2013 Fantasy to the 1/5/13 Fantasy. I am looking forward to that one also!

Happy Halloween!
Construction.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter