PALS FOREVER 4/28/12 FANTASY PRE-Trip Report

Although our itinerary switches the Cozumel/Pirate Night and the Costa Maya day from what the Maiden Voyage experienced, I am expecting much else to be the same. If so . . .

Holly - We may have a problem! Unless they change it, it looks like the Champagne Tasting (1 p.m.), Mixology (3 p.m.) and Tequila & Margarita Tasting (5 p.m.) are ALL on Thursday, the same day as our Palo Brunch. Although our Brunch is at 10:30, don't they give us Champagne there as well? Whoa! :drinking1

Also - Wine tasting is at 1 p.m. on Sunday, with Martini tasting at 3 p.m. Our High Tea is Sunday at 3 p.m.

I'm wondering if they will even do a Castaway Club Reception on the Fantasy, with so many people (even though it's for Platinum & Gold if they do). If so, that is sure to be on one of those sea days as well. Eek! :eek:

Hmm, I can't do all those tastings on the same day!

So....looks like the champagne tasting is out. I'm thinking the Mixology might be better than the Tequila & Margarita tasting? What do you think? Not sure I could do two in a row...

High Tea is something I really want to do, so Martini tasting is out. We'll have to talk about what you think is best out of the tastings. With the Mixology, maybe they can teach us how to make that Apple Black Martini you like?

But it's also the advantage of having the Concierge. We can discuss it and go over what the actual schedules are. I do want to keep Brunch and High Tea, so those rate higher than tastings in my mind, but of course I want to know how you feel.

I'm not interested in the Mixology at all (since I never even drink unless it's on a cruise - lol), but it's certainly fine for you to go and I know you mentioned your interest in it a few times.

I really wanted to do the Martini tasting, but don't want to give up High Tea. At the Wine tasting they at least give you the little pin as a token, but I can't imagine doing that just before the tea. :sad2:

That's the problem with the western - having only two days at sea. :sad1:

Ah, well - I guess I'll be cooler without all that alcohol, right? :rotfl2:

Yep - Should be at the Meridian at 1 p.m. on Sunday UNLESS they change the schedule from what it was on the Maiden Voyage. I've done it a couple of times on the Magic, but I really don't want to do a wine tasting just before High Tea. ;)

You have to sign up at Guest Services and it's probably $15. Wouldn't be surprised if they raise it to $20 if they haven't already. Inflation, you know? :lmao:

Well, then if you aren't interested in the Mixology, then perhaps the Tequila & Margarita tasting. I would have liked to do the Martini one too, but I don't want to give up High Tea.

The reason I was interested in the Mixology one is that they teach you how to do several drinks. Hmmmm, guess we'll figure it out later.

I did enjoy the Wine Tasting when we did it on the Magic. (and my Pal Mickey still has the pin)

Wow, all of a sudden it feels like everything is crammed into the same times! :eek:

I posted them HERE on the "Things To Do" page of our cruise website. It does make it all seem crammed in. It's that lack of a third sea day!

Although I wouldn't mind the Margarita tasting, I'd probably skip the Tequila that goes with it - lol. Tequila brings back too many memories of Cozumel '03 on a Magic cruise. :rotfl2:

But it's no problem if you do the Mixology without me. I just have no reason to learn about mixing drinks, since I only drink a bit on cruises if at all, so I don't make drinks.

Guess I'll decide when we board what calls to me more - Mixology or Tequila! Actually I'm not into tequila but I do love margaritas!

I think I'll just skip all the tastings this time. I'll probably do one or more with my hubby on our Fantasy cruise May next year. Since I barely sip the drinks at tastings, I'll let him consume the alcohol I don't want in addition to his. :rotfl2:

For this cruise, I think cocktail hours in the Concierge Lounge, a bit of evening wine or Margarita on the verandah, some Champagne at Ooh La La and a cool drink on CC will be more than enough alcohol for me! :goodvibes

I'll probably do one of them, just don't know which one yet.

I would have liked the champagne tasting, as I do like champagne. BUT I was able to have all the champagne I wanted in the concierge lounge. Plus we do get one at brunch. And since our Duffy & ShellieMae meet is in Ooh La La, I won't feel I missed out.

Like you, I'm really not a drinker. Heck, on our Dream cruise I took a bottle of the Jose Cuervo pre-made margaritas and I think I drank maybe one small glass!

Its more the thought of relaxing on the veranda with a glass of wine or margarita. I did enjoy our veranda on our Dream cruise, I just kept forgetting to get a glass of anything! :)

I'm actually very happy as I'm getting to see what High Tea is like, and of course you know I love the Palo Brunch. Hope the meal at this Palo is better than the one we had on the Dream!

As long as that particular Palo chef (whom even other CMs said was NOT the better one) does not somehow end up on our Fantasy cruise, it should be excellent.

If a chef so much as THINKS of coming out to discuss any not-quite-right item with ME, you had better warn him of the consequences before he says anything! :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

I hope it's a good chef as there are only two things on the menu I'd eat - the chicken dish that I had on the Dream, and the beef dish. I had ordered the chicken because I had had so much red meat already.

No chefs at the table for us - unless it's because they were so bedazzled by us they couldn't resist coming out! :lmao:

Apparently if we have even the tiniest complaint, the only way to avoid a chef's visit is to proclaim that everything is EXCELLENT. The server won't keep it to himself even if we request it. I will keep that in mind this time! :rolleyes1

14 DAYS!

I'm glad we've got High Tea booked as DCL is going to discontinue it soon. This way I can at least experience it.

Did I mention it's now 14 DAYS UNTIL OUR CRUISE?

Whatever you do, you can't go wrong on a Disney cruise!
Well, this is my 16th Disney cruise, so, umm, YEAH! :thumbsup2
Even a Disney cruise where SOME things go wrong is better than no Disney cruise at all. That's why they keep getting my money!
emotdisneydollarswings.gif

Well, it's now only 7 days to sailing on the Fantasy! :banana:

This will be both a joyful and slightly sad vacation. Since my friend Holly and I sailed in a Cat. T suite on the Dream in February, we are now somewhat familiar with the layout of the new ships, the suite, and Concierge services. The 7-night provides more things to do and more time to do them. I'm sure we will really enjoy this cruise.

But while it's a cruise we've each looked forward to for a long time, when it's over it will mark the beginning of a new era. Holly is booked on the Wonder for Alaska next year, with a possible B2B. If not that, she still has her always prominent goal of doing a WBTA. As for me - I am celebrating the day "when pigs fly," as my hubby will be sailing on the Fantasy with me next May and since I upgraded us to a Cat. T suite on the bumpout of Deck 12, it IS going to be a perfect cruise! :goodvibes

Beyond that I am not certain, but my life and goals are taking a new direction and I don't know if cruising and Disney will continue to be a part of it. So this cruise and next May's are "big deals" for me, and I plan to make the most of them! :cool1:

I know, this cruise is sort of bittersweet. Who knows what the future holds? But I am sooo going to enjoy this cruise, our "Pals Forever" cruise. It has really been a long time coming.

This cruise IS a big deal and I am beyond excited! Woke up dreaming about it this morning...

Holly, You will love Alaska!!

Shari, Pigs do fly.

Hope you both have a great time and I want to hear all about it and see some pictures when you get back!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter