Pastor of mega church arrested for unlawful assembly

Is there a stay at home order in that county?
According to the link provided in the first post there is:

"Howard-Browne presided over hundreds of people at his megachurch over the weekend, despite county “safe at home” orders to avoid such gatherings where people can more easily be infected by COVID-19, the sheriff said. Footage of the sermons was also broadcast online.

Our church has live streamed services for years, like, more than ten years now. Yes, they had the sanctuary where people could attend in person, but since I work Sundays, I have attended remotely for ages and never felt the experience was ”less than”. Our church also does a broadcast service on one of the local tv channels. So having to go to only remote attendance wasn’t a huge issue. During the summer they rely on solo singers instead of a choir, so they just started that a little earlier this year. I can’t imagine attending church in person right now, or any pastor who really cares about his/her congregation allowing them to. Maybe it’s because in Florida many of the congregations are filled with retirees, our pastor just took it seriously. I know I got an email from my church way before Orange County stopped gatherings saying they were going strictly to remote services.

If someone violates the rules, especially when it comes to the virus, they deserve whatever punishment they get, and then some.

I know around here they are releasing low risk prisoners, so I wonder what they will do with him. Unless they consider him high risk due to the danger to others?

I know around here they are releasing low risk prisoners, so I wonder what they will do with him. Unless they consider him high risk due to the danger to others?

He'll probably wind up donating money and apologizing and they'll drop it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter