• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pennsylvania DVC Owners Group

Travel Quarantine now in place from PA, obviously designed to deter people from traveling over the Thanksgiving holiday period. Sadly, that would be my family.

Vague as to which test, rapid or PCR is requirement to re-enter state vs 14 day quarantine.

https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Travelers.aspx
The new restrictions are voluntary in good faith. No checkpoints. I work in MD so I am exempt from the restrictions. Still, unless enforced its useless.

Hi everyone! We moved from NY (Long Island) to Bucks County last summer. We love it here, though my exploration of the area was cut short by covid.
We are waiting on ROFR right now but hoping to be AKL owners soon!

Still, unless enforced its useless.
Not necessarily, they are banking on the majority of citizens voluntarily deciding to heed the stated orders

if our numbers keep rising, that will surely bring increased enforcement

we switched this week’s trip to early May. Couldn’t believe the limited availability already ugh

Quoting our secretary of health:

“You know, we all are blessed to have freedoms in our country but with freedom comes responsibility, and right now that means following these orders and guidance in terms of stopping the spread of a COVID-19 in Pennsylvania,”.

She also says as secretary of health, she has the authority to enforce isolation and quarantines.

“We’re looking to take people to court to be able to do that, but I do have that authority,” says Dr. Levine. “And so we cannot check every car driving into Pennsylvania and we have no plans to check everybody coming off every airplane in Pennsylvania. We are stating what our orders are and we want to communicate that we expect that people will comply.”

Not necessarily, they are banking on the majority of citizens voluntarily deciding to heed the stated orders

we switched this week’s trip to early May. Couldn’t believe the limited availability already ugh

“You know, we all are blessed to have freedoms in our country but with freedom comes responsibility, and right now that means following these orders and guidance in terms of stopping the spread of a COVID-19 in Pennsylvania,”.

She also says as secretary of health, she has the authority to enforce isolation and quarantines.

“We’re looking to take people to court to be able to do that, but I do have that authority,” says Dr. Levine. “And so we cannot check every car driving into Pennsylvania and we have no plans to check everybody coming off every airplane in Pennsylvania. We are stating what our orders are and we want to communicate that we expect that people will comply.”
Places of business are not enforcing the mask mandate. As a customer I have seen MANY others not wearing masks, and establishments doing nothing about it. To Gov. Wolf “ Let’s get the mask mandate right at the business level before telling me I have to wear it in my own home.”

Places of business are not enforcing the mask mandate. As a customer I have seen MANY others not wearing masks, and establishments doing nothing about it. To Gov. Wolf “ Let’s get the mask mandate right at the business level before telling me I have to wear it in my own home.”
A shame Establishments find themselves put in position of being ‘enforcers’ to begin with in this situation.

The larger places In Allegheny county have compliance (especially retail stores) that seems much higher than what I’ve observed in Westmoreland & Butler. Friends tell me Beaver co seems to be especially poor on compliance

People really need To take individual responsibility To make this work too

I’m still planning to go in January. We are on a timeline since we are planning a WDW vow renewal in the summer, so I can’t delay the trip easily. I work from home though, so quarantining isn’t a big deal. I already get all of my groceries delivered.

I’m still planning to go in January. We are on a timeline since we are planning a WDW vow renewal in the summer, so I can’t delay the trip easily. I work from home though, so quarantining isn’t a big deal. I already get all of my groceries delivered.
We leave for Disney on Friday. Doing 4 nights but then going to a house we rented on the coast for another 10 days. It has pool and hot tub so we can continue to 'stay home' from there like we do here but have a new view, better weather and a nice hot tub and pool. And then when we come home, DH is WFR until summer and I don't work so we can quarantine easy. But may get covid tests just to be sure.

DVC member at AK since 2007, from Bucks County PA. Debating on whether or not to drive instead of fly for a January trip

DVC member at AK since 2007, from Bucks County PA. Debating on whether or not to drive instead of fly for a January trip
Hello neighbor! We live in Holland, PA.
We are flying for our January trip, but it’s only Thursday to Monday. We are planning to do our big family vacation in July and will drive for that.

Driving down to Disney instead of flying for the first time in March, and wondering if any of you fine PA folks have advice on places/towns you've stopped in. We may make 2 stops going down and 1 stop coming back. Savannah is locked in as one of the stops as of now. Any advice on other areas to stop/stay are greatly appreciated. We are leaving from the Philadelphia area.

We drive from Philly overnight. Leave around 5pm. We stop at Tysons center on MD VA boarder area for dinner and then drive overnight. Only stop for gas/restroom break. We always stop again in Savannah for breakfast at the outlet area. Going home we do the same stops.

Driving down to Disney instead of flying for the first time in March, and wondering if any of you fine PA folks have advice on places/towns you've stopped in. We may make 2 stops going down and 1 stop coming back. Savannah is locked in as one of the stops as of now. Any advice on other areas to stop/stay are greatly appreciated. We are leaving from the Philadelphia area.

We drove down in October from Latrobe (about an hour east of Pittsburgh). We stopped in Hilton Head on the way down, staying at the DVC resort which is just lovely. We stopped in Charleston on the way back up. We did it that way as that was the only nights I could book in Hilton Head, but if I had a choice, I'd swap that. HH is the perfect place to relax and decompress after a Disney vacation.

It was the first time we'd ever driven down and didn't find the drive bad at all. If we do it again, we will probably add Savannah to the mix - even if it's just a day trip from HH.

We drove down (last minute decision) in Aug 2020, and left our house in Export PA (45 min east of Pittsburgh) at 3 in the afternoon, made it down to Fredericksburg VA that night (about a 4-5 hour drive), and then drove the rest of the way the next day. We did leave Fredericksburg at 4 am and got to WDW at 7 that night, but would have made it by 4 or 5 if there hadn't been several storms across GA that slowed us down quite a bit (downpours that lasted 30-60 minutes and we could barely make out the hazard lights from the car that we were following at maybe 20 mph max.)

Savannah does seem to be a common place to stop, and so does Florence, SC. (We've done both on the way up). We tend to do 2 nights on the way back home. (Savannah first night then somewhere in VA or MD the last night, so we can get home around mid-afternoon at the latest)

Depends on how far you want to drive to be honest. I have family in Richmond so we stop there, then a longer drive down to Savannah (we love a nice stroll through the downtown and some ice cream from the Candy Kitchen), before a shorter drive to the World. There are plenty of places in/around Richmond as well as about another hour south.

In terms of 1 coming back, we stayed at a a Hampton Inn somewhere inside NC (sorry, can't give you more than that.).

As an aside, we're coming from NE Philly.

We live in Hanover near the Maryland line (15 minutes south of Gettysburg). We make it ito FL in two days. We love a stay over in Bluffton., SC. Easy on/off exit from I95, reasonable and clean hotels, great dining. I think you could reasonably do this drive in two days.

We drove down (last minute decision) in Aug 2020, and left our house in Export PA (45 min east of Pittsburgh) at 3 in the afternoon, made it down to Fredericksburg VA that night (about a 4-5 hour drive), and then drove the rest of the way the next day. We did leave Fredericksburg at 4 am and got to WDW at 7 that night, but would have made it by 4 or 5 if there hadn't been several storms across GA that slowed us down quite a bit (downpours that lasted 30-60 minutes and we could barely make out the hazard lights from the car that we were following at maybe 20 mph max.)

Savannah does seem to be a common place to stop, and so does Florence, SC. (We've done both on the way up). We tend to do 2 nights on the way back home. (Savannah first night then somewhere in VA or MD the last night, so we can get home around mid-afternoon at the latest)

Fredericksburg is on our list of possible stops as well (the history/civil war nerd in me is pushing for it). It's our Spring Break and we have 3 nights in Disney Monday-Thursday. Thinking of leaving Saturday morning...getting to Fredericksburg for lunch, walking the grounds/town there, staying over night and then driving to Savannah, early Sunday morning (6AM). Getting there around lunch time (1PM)...eating/walking the town, staying overnight and then driving to Disney Monday morning (getting there around 1PM). We aren't in a rush, and have the time so we'd like to see a few towns along the way going and coming back.

Has anyone ever been to/heard of Wilson, NC? It comes up on a few searches I did of cool towns to visit along 95.

We live in Hanover near the Maryland line (15 minutes south of Gettysburg). We make it ito FL in two days. We love a stay over in Bluffton., SC. Easy on/off exit from I95, reasonable and clean hotels, great dining. I think you could reasonably do this drive in two days.

I might look into this...we currently have a waitlist in for Hilton Head (long shot) for Thursday into Friday after our Disney stay. Bluffton, looks like it's right outside of Hilton Head. Thank you for the recommendation.

Depends on how far you want to drive to be honest. I have family in Richmond so we stop there, then a longer drive down to Savannah (we love a nice stroll through the downtown and some ice cream from the Candy Kitchen), before a shorter drive to the World. There are plenty of places in/around Richmond as well as about another hour south.

In terms of 1 coming back, we stayed at a a Hampton Inn somewhere inside NC (sorry, can't give you more than that.).

As an aside, we're coming from NE Philly.

Roaring Springs maybe? This town came up on some of the searches I did on my own of cool towns along 95. Looks like it is right over the border and has a lot of outdoor daytime activities to do.

Florence looks like a good midpoint stop for our drive back. Have you stayed overnight there? how is the town? anything you would recommend?

We drove down in October from Latrobe (about an hour east of Pittsburgh). We stopped in Hilton Head on the way down, staying at the DVC resort which is just lovely. We stopped in Charleston on the way back up. We did it that way as that was the only nights I could book in Hilton Head, but if I had a choice, I'd swap that. HH is the perfect place to relax and decompress after a Disney vacation.

It was the first time we'd ever driven down and didn't find the drive bad at all. If we do it again, we will probably add Savannah to the mix - even if it's just a day trip from HH.

We have a waitlist in at Hilton Head for the drive back...not optimistic about it coming through for Spring Break week right now...but fingers are crossed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter