~ Prince Josh and Princess Caitlin get married at the Happiest Place on Earth!PG 13

Yay! I am jumping in here too! Can't wait to hear all about it.
so romantic...:lovestruc

I am totally going to be living vicariously through your planning, wishing I could re-do my entire wedding, lol.

Congrats again. You guys look so happy! :lovestruc

Congrats again! I can't wait to follow along with all your planning! :)

YAY!!!:cheer2:
I knew there was a good reason I was compelled to get back to the boards last week - it was so I wouldn't miss your fantastic TR along with the planning of your magical year towards your wedding next October! I am so excited for all of you. You will be a beautiful princess: bride!

I'll be camped, ready to read both reports. :surfweb:

I bet!! I wish we could get married in Disney but, we have huge families who we could never get them all down there for a wedding. I'm going to have to upload a picture of the napkins I ordered for our cocktail hour. They are Minnie and Mickey and I think you'll love them! Believe me, we are having Disney touches in our wedding so I am all up for more ideas! :laughing: Thank you!!!! :thumbsup2

Yeah I have a very small family and so does Josh so we were able to do a destination wedding. I never knew having a small family would be a good thing :laughing:

That's adorable!!!! I am going to post an update about our theming and everything after I am done replying! I want to catch you all up with the planning!

Congratulations Caitlin! I knew you just had to get married at WDW. I am so excited to hear about the planning. I loved all the proposal details. Josh really put a lot of thought into it. What a great memory. :lovestruc

Thank you!

A Disney wedding was the only way to go :laughing:

It was amazing!!! I am so happy I have that memory to cherish for ever!

Kristen texted me this morning and told me that you guys were getting married and I basically flipped out. SO excited for you :yay:
I am ALSO really excited that I am going to see all of the wedding plans. This is awesome. And you're getting married in Disney!?! Amazing. That's my dream! I hope it happens someday :goodvibes
Can't wait to hear all about it! Congratulations!

That is adorable! You two are too cute :hug: It is so funny because my mom and I kept talking about how much you two would love the proposal!

I am so excited to finally be able to share them!

It will! It took me a while to find my prince! You have to kiss a lot of frogs first :laughing:

Thank you!

I'm here! I totally got to here how all this unfolds. Congratulations you two! I can't wait to see how this Cinderella story, oh wait, you like Belle, Beauty & the Beast story turns out for all your wedding preparations and the many other things going along with it. :thumbsup2

Welcome!

Thank you!

Aw thanks! I am a huge fan of Beauty and the Beast so you will hear about that in the next update!

Yay! I am jumping in here too! Can't wait to hear all about it.
so romantic...:lovestruc

Aw! :hug: Welcome!

I am totally going to be living vicariously through your planning, wishing I could re-do my entire wedding, lol.

Congrats again. You guys look so happy! :lovestruc

That's what I am here for :laughing:

Thank you! We are!

Congrats again! I can't wait to follow along with all your planning! :)

Welcome! Thank you!

YAY!!!:cheer2:
I knew there was a good reason I was compelled to get back to the boards last week - it was so I wouldn't miss your fantastic TR along with the planning of your magical year towards your wedding next October! I am so excited for all of you. You will be a beautiful princess: bride!

I'll be camped, ready to read both reports. :surfweb:
Aw thank you!

I am so excited for all of the planning I have so much to catch you all up on!

Thank you!

Welcome! We are very excited!

Whoops I meant 2012 :laughing:

:laughing: I'm not going to lie...the words "shotgun wedding" popped into my head when I saw 2011. I just kept thinking, why so quick? Makes a lot more sense now :rotfl: Looking forward to hearing about your planning!

:laughing: I'm not going to lie...the words "shotgun wedding" popped into my head when I saw 2011. I just kept thinking, why so quick? Makes a lot more sense now :rotfl: Looking forward to hearing about your planning!

:laughing:That's exactly what I thought after you posted it! I was like OH NO!!!!!!!!!

So I have tons to catch you all up on so I am going to do it in one post! We have already done a majority of the planning and with a little over a year to go we definitely had to jump on the planning wagon!

The Engagement Party October 7th

Okay so since we are having a Disney wedding we had to have a Disney themed engagement party!

Theme: UP! I just love the love story between Ellie and Carl even though it is played out in a few minutes it is so touching and beautiful! Since it is up we took tons of pictures around the countries in Epcot to have pictures from our adventures :thumbsup2 Our center piece for the food table is a doll house painted to look like the UP house and it will have balloons coming out of it. My grandma also bought us an ornament of Carl and Russell to put in front of the house for our engagement present. The house is gorgeous and my mom, dad and Josh worked really hard on building it and painting it! We even have a fire place with the Falls mural above it and the mural that they put in the baby's room. Although Josh and I don't plan on having children in the near future I wanted it there for when we eventually do. Also in the house is a passport my parents had signed in each country in Epcot with the countries appropriate way of saying Congratulations to engaged couples :hug:

Food: To go with our UP! theme we have food from all of the countries we took pictures in. Norway, Japan, Morocco and all of the other Epcot countries! I absolutely love this idea! My aunt is also an artist with chocolate and made Mickey cookies which include one big double stuff oreo dipped in chocolate with two smaller oreos attached to make ears. She also is making chocolate balloons in tons of colors! I take after her and I made chocolate engagement rings that look like mine. They are white chocolate rings with blue chocolate on either side of the stone.

Activities: Now it is just going to be a bunch of our family and friends but there will be little kids there so we got a bunch of Disney toys and will have UP! playing if anyone hasn't seen it :thumbsup2

The Wedding Shower

Theme: Alice in Wonderland specifically the Mad Hatter's tea party

Planning so far: Not much has gone into this since we have been focused on the wedding and engagement party. We have picked up all of the tea cups and saucers so we have enough for everyone we are inviting to take home with them. We plan to write Josh and Caitlin 2012 on the bottom so they have something to remind them of our wedding. We plan on having it outside sometime in August.

The Wedding

Theme: Beauty and the Beast of course!

Planning done so far: We know it will be at Shades of Green we have yet to actually put the deposit on it but we have contacted them and our date is open!!!! I am really excited about this! We decided to do it here because not only is it gorgeous but it is cheaper than having an actual Disney wedding. The cost includes 14 guests, cake, a photographer for two hours, champagne and I think a musician.

Although it is not much less than a Disney wedding because we decided we may have characters! I really want Belle and Beast but we would settle for Mickey and Minnie. This I am super excited about!

I do not have a dress yet but I will be shopping for one on October 8th!! I am pumped to try on tons of dresses! I think David's Bridal might have computer issues with the amount of dresses I liked :laughing:

The one thing we do have is flowers. I ordered flowers from someone I met on campus in one of my organizations and she does amazing work!

Link to the website

http://www.etsy.com/shop/SurroundingsOnline?ref=top_trail

To go with our theme we assigned each person a character for our boutonnieres and corsages. My dad will of course be Papa and there is a picture of a boutonniere with cogs and metal pieces that I wanted his to be based off of. My grandpa is a lot like Cogsworth so his will have some sort of clock design to it. Both of my grandma's are based off of Mrs. Potts and our flower girl's basket will be based off of Chip. Both of our mom's corsages will be made to match my Belle bouquet. Josh's boutonniere is of course based off of the Beast.

Now here is what I am most excited about my bouquet! She has pictures of flowers made out of book paper and I told her I wanted something like that. Well she told me that she is going to look for a vintage copy of Beauty and the Beast to make the pages out of!!! I am soooo excited for my bouquet! Shades of Green included flowers but I wanted something unique for our wedding! It can also turn into a keepsake since all of the flowers are fake! It is amazing!

I am sorry for the lack of pictures in this update but I promise I will have tons to post after the engagement party!

Wow, Caitlin, you all are so creative!! All that stuff sounds so amazing!

Your UP engagement party sounds so cute! I can't wait to see pictures of the house, it truly sounds so beautiful. I love how your idea is going to incoporate all your pictures from around the WS.

An Alice in Wonderland theme wedding shower is so cute too! You got the tea pot and saucer set that they sell in WDW? That's great!

Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie so :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 for that! How beautiful! Ahhh I'm so excited, I think wedding planning in general is so exciting and in Disney, well that's just even better! :goodvibes

Oh, good luck dress shopping! My advice is try on everythinggggg. I ended up picking a dress that was TOTALLY unlike anything I'd been trying on and I'm so happy with it!

Wow your plans are sounding really great! I love the themes...Beauty and the Beast is my favorite too!! :goodvibes I can't wait to see the pictures and the flower ideas sound perfect!

Wow, Caitlin, you all are so creative!! All that stuff sounds so amazing!

Thank you! I am very surprised by how creative the ideas we have come up with are :laughing: I am not usually very creative :laughing:

Your UP engagement party sounds so cute! I can't wait to see pictures of the house, it truly sounds so beautiful. I love how your idea is going to incoporate all your pictures from around the WS.

Thank you! I am so excited! The house looks great but I didn't want to put up a pic until after the balloons were added :thumbsup2 That idea was my mom's and our pictures look adorable!

An Alice in Wonderland theme wedding shower is so cute too! You got the tea pot and saucer set that they sell in WDW? That's great!

I think it will turn out great! My grandma has the Alice in Wonderland tea pot and cup that we are going to use but the rest of the tea cups we got at garage sales :thumbsup2 It ended up being about $20 for all the cups I think :confused3

Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie so :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 for that! How beautiful! Ahhh I'm so excited, I think wedding planning in general is so exciting and in Disney, well that's just even better! :goodvibes

It is such a good movie! I was thinking of an UP! wedding but Josh decided on Beauty and the Beast :cutie:

Oh, good luck dress shopping! My advice is try on everythinggggg. I ended up picking a dress that was TOTALLY unlike anything I'd been trying on and I'm so happy with it!

Thank you! I liked a ton of different dresses on David's Bridal I am a bit limited when it comes to the dress design though. I have to have something that can easily be transported and with my small size it can't be too poofy :laughing:

Wow your plans are sounding really great! I love the themes...Beauty and the Beast is my favorite too!! :goodvibes I can't wait to see the pictures and the flower ideas sound perfect!

Thank you!

I am so happy with the themes!

I am so excited to see how the flowers turn out! Unfortunately I have about 10 months to wait :laughing:

Popping over from your trip report. Can't wait to see how the wedding plans unfold.

Love that you're having an October wedding. It's such a pretty time of year. Also, I love that you're getting married at Shades of Green. I barely know you (except what I've gleaned from your trip reports), but I think it's seems like a perfect fit for you guys.

By the way, the UP themed engagement party is such a sweet idea. The Carl and Ellie scene from the begining of the movie is one of my favorite movies scenes of all time. As is the majoirty of Beauty and the Beast, and like you Belle is my favorite Disney princess (if you can't tell from my user name :laughing:), so I love that you'll be theming the wedding to it.

Those are all such great ideas, very creative. I'm so glad you guys are keeping to a total Disney theme.

The UP idea is adorable. I think that is the perfect way for an engagement party, preparing yourselves for the adventure ahead. I think that center piece idea is great, can't wait to see pictures of that :thumbsup2

Oh, Alice In Wonderland seems fitting. That seems to be one of the more popular Disney party themes for anything, not just weddings, but especially for formal events, so I can't wait to hear about this one.

Wow, I think I have psychic abilities mentioning BatB in my last post. The idea for your corsages is so great and I think it's great how you're having a nice small wedding ceremony. Really immerse yourself in the magic of the moment and those are such great ideas for the boutonnieres and corsages (you do know Belle's father's name is Maurice, right? Sorry, I'm kind of a BatB nerd after being in the play, moving on...)

Good luck with the dress shopping! :thumbsup2

Awesome with the planning so far. I love all of the ideas.

I had a friend of ours who had a wedding shower that was Alice's Tea Party Mad Hatter themed. What she did that was really fun was require each of the guests to wear a crazy hat in honor of the Mad Hatter.

Congratulations!!!!! :yay: I'm loving all your wedding ideas..especially using the movie "Up". That was such a great movie and heartbreaking at the same time,lol. I've always been very untraditional and have said that I never want to get married...but getting married in Disney is definitely the exception,lol. Congratulations again and keep all of us updated. :goodvibes:

CONGRATS ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT!!!! The Disney Wedding makes it even better :) I personally have never been to Shades of Green or seen pics of it but i bet that it's very pretty and nice based on where it is located and it's highly resepcted clientel (isn't that the place that is mostly for people in the military and their friends/family or am i thinking of a different place?). Love the ideas you have about your engagement party, wedding shower and wedding. Up seriously is sooo amazing and the perfect movie for you two to base your engagement party on. The first 5 minutes of the movie makes every girl i know cry and think it is because of the nice, long and for the most part happy marrige. So sweet that your family is making a doll house based on the Up house :) That will be soooo pretty and i can't wait to see a pic of it. Alice and wonderland themed wedding shower sounds soooooo cool!!! Are you going to base it off of the new Johnny Depp alice and wonderland or the traditional cartoon version? A beauty and the beast wedding sounds gorgeous!!!!! Are you going to have the theme be shown in the colors of the wedding or have you not thought a lot about how you are going to show off the theme of the wedding? I love you idea about the different character bouquets. That sounds like such a cute way to personalize you wedding :) That sounds like a great way to be subtle about the theming Can't wait to hear all about your engagement party :thumbsup2 oh, and have fun dress shopping! That is the part of wedding planning that seems like it would be the most fun to me :) Do you have any idea what you want for the dress?

Popping over from your trip report. Can't wait to see how the wedding plans unfold.
Welcome!!!

Love that you're having an October wedding. It's such a pretty time of year. Also, I love that you're getting married at Shades of Green. I barely know you (except what I've gleaned from your trip reports), but I think it's seems like a perfect fit for you guys.
I have always wanted to go to Disney during October and with the weather during that time it is a perfect fit! Aw thank you! We really love the pictures we have seen of it!

By the way, the UP themed engagement party is such a sweet idea. The Carl and Ellie scene from the begining of the movie is one of my favorite movies scenes of all time. As is the majoirty of Beauty and the Beast, and like you Belle is my favorite Disney princess (if you can't tell from my user name :laughing:), so I love that you'll be theming the wedding to it.

Thank you! I am so excited for it! That scene is one of my favorites too! I just love how they grow old together :lovestruc Beauty and the Beast is an amazing movie!

Those are all such great ideas, very creative. I'm so glad you guys are keeping to a total Disney theme.

We had to! I don't think I could have had something not Disney themed!

The UP idea is adorable. I think that is the perfect way for an engagement party, preparing yourselves for the adventure ahead. I think that center piece idea is great, can't wait to see pictures of that :thumbsup2

That's an awesome way of looking at it! The center piece will look amazing I can't wait to add the balloons to it!

Oh, Alice In Wonderland seems fitting. That seems to be one of the more popular Disney party themes for anything, not just weddings, but especially for formal events, so I can't wait to hear about this one.

My mom wanted something girly and a tea party seemed to fit :laughing:

Wow, I think I have psychic abilities mentioning BatB in my last post. The idea for your corsages is so great and I think it's great how you're having a nice small wedding ceremony. Really immerse yourself in the magic of the moment and those are such great ideas for the boutonnieres and corsages (you do know Belle's father's name is Maurice, right? Sorry, I'm kind of a BatB nerd after being in the play, moving on...)

Good luck with the dress shopping! :thumbsup2
:laughing: Esp seems possible! Thank you! I have always wanted something small and intimate since I don't believe in inviting a bunch of people coming to a wedding that I will never see again :laughing: I know his name is Maurice! I have seen that movie a thousand times :laughing: I know people know him better as Papa though. After I ordered the boutonnieres I walked around saying "Crazy old Dale" which is my dad's name :laughing:

Awesome with the planning so far. I love all of the ideas.

I had a friend of ours who had a wedding shower that was Alice's Tea Party Mad Hatter themed. What she did that was really fun was require each of the guests to wear a crazy hat in honor of the Mad Hatter.

Thank you!

I like the crazy hat idea!

Congratulations!!!!! :yay: I'm loving all your wedding ideas..especially using the movie "Up". That was such a great movie and heartbreaking at the same time,lol. I've always been very untraditional and have said that I never want to get married...but getting married in Disney is definitely the exception,lol. Congratulations again and keep all of us updated. :goodvibes:
Thank you!

Up! is such an amazing movie! I knew we had to tie it into our wedding!

Getting married at Disney is pretty magical!

CONGRATS ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT!!!! The Disney Wedding makes it even better :) I personally have never been to Shades of Green or seen pics of it but i bet that it's very pretty and nice based on where it is located and it's highly resepcted clientel (isn't that the place that is mostly for people in the military and their friends/family or am i thinking of a different place?).

Thank you! I am so excited to have a Disney wedding! You can look it up online and it is beautiful! It is right across from the Poly! It is only for military personnel and their families. It is the only resort like that in the mainland of the United States.

Love the ideas you have about your engagement party, wedding shower and wedding. Up seriously is sooo amazing and the perfect movie for you two to base your engagement party on. The first 5 minutes of the movie makes every girl i know cry and think it is because of the nice, long and for the most part happy marrige. So sweet that your family is making a doll house based on the Up house :) That will be soooo pretty and i can't wait to see a pic of it.

Thank you! It is such a good movie! It makes me cry every time I see it! We have the house all done and it looks amazing! Pictures will be coming up on Sunday! I have a pretty busy weekend ahead of me!

Alice and wonderland themed wedding shower sounds soooooo cool!!! Are you going to base it off of the new Johnny Depp alice and wonderland or the traditional cartoon version?

Thank you! We are basing it off of the original cartoon version :thumbsup2 I thought the Johnny Depp one was too creepy!

A beauty and the beast wedding sounds gorgeous!!!!! Are you going to have the theme be shown in the colors of the wedding or have you not thought a lot about how you are going to show off the theme of the wedding? I love you idea about the different character bouquets. That sounds like such a cute way to personalize you wedding :) That sounds like a great way to be subtle about the theming Can't wait to hear all about your engagement party :thumbsup2 oh, and have fun dress shopping! That is the part of wedding planning that seems like it would be the most fun to me :) Do you have any idea what you want for the dress?

The theme will come through with the flowers and our colors are burgundy and gold. I also want to walk down the aisle to Beauty and the Beast and when our guests are being seated play Be Our Guest.

I liked a ton of dresses on David's Bridal.com but basically nothing too poofy or anything that will be hard to transfer to Orlando.

Congratulations! I followed your trip reports but got a bit behind and now you have a wedding planning journal - AWESOME!
Something to read during my breaks! :cool1:
Can't wait to read more!

Still can't believe I have you in the background of my family photos from disney in aug 2010 - i know i posted it on your trip report - i feel like such a creep, but a good one of course! :lmao:

Congratulations! I followed your trip reports but got a bit behind and now you have a wedding planning journal - AWESOME!
Something to read during my breaks! :cool1:
Can't wait to read more!

Still can't believe I have you in the background of my family photos from disney in aug 2010 - i know i posted it on your trip report - i feel like such a creep, but a good one of course! :lmao:

Thank you!

Yep I am one busy girl!

That was so crazy! I have always wondered if I would show up on another DISers TR :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter