Resort Change by Disney

Where were you originally that you got a 2 bedroom? We are a party of 5 and only got a deluxe studio.
Where were you originally that you got a 2 bedroom? We are a party of 5 and only got a deluxe studio.
We love the cabins, too! I just wish there were s
Randy Miller - You might want to check closer to your travel dates if you are a party o

We were in a CL tower suite and we got moved to a 1BR at Riviera. If you had the time to call back, I’m sure you can push for a 1BR.
The studios at AKV list capacity at 4. If you are a party of 5, I would definitely call back and inquire about a larger accommodation. The 1 bedrooms and larger DVC have laundry & full kitchens which are awesome!

I was originally in POR and after many hours/days holding on traditional phone lines got through with the 7866 number. I was moved to Fort Wilderness Cabins (July 23-26). Not ecstatic about the move so I called the next day again with 7866 number (34 redials, but only 3 minutes hold) and was told cabins, POP, pay more or cancel. Still not 100% sure, I called again today (19 redials, 2 minute hold) only to be told same choices. DH convinced me to be happy we have beds and tickets and leave it alone. We've never been there so it will be something different. The moral of my story is the 7866 number has worked 3 times and quickly this week. Do not get discouraged by redials. Good Luck!

I hope you like it. Fort Wilderness is our favorite! It's the most immersive theme on property, in my opinion. I'm sad for you that the Chip & Dale campfire sing-a-long isn't happening, though. It's a lot of fun! So is watching the electric water pageant from the beach. It'll still be a great trip for you, though! The only thing I would recommend is renting a golf cart from Disney if you have the money to do so. Otherwise, you'll be using the internal bus system.

thats another thing my TA said. Maybe by waiting I’ll luck into a better resort... but with my luck there will be nothing left..
After almost a week of trying, my TA got through yesterday. All Star to Pop. She said they are adamant about moving people within the same category.

The studios at AKV list capacity at 4. If you are a party of 5, I would definitely call back and inquire about a larger accommodation. The 1 bedrooms and larger DVC have laundry & full kitchens which are awesome!
I think they said that one of their littles was under 3.

After almost a week of trying, my TA got through yesterday. All Star to Pop. She said they are adamant about moving people within the same category.

Do you know anything about guests who booked preferred rooms? I had/have a preferred room booked at All-Star Movies. I like being near the main lobby and especially transportation, as it makes the trip more enjoyable over the long run. I would much prefer a preferred room at an All-Star than a far away room at a place like Pop Century.

Do people who booked preferred rooms get to maintain that when they're moved to another value resort? I know Pop is more money than All-Stars, but I hope I get a preferred room there, or a preferred room at Art of Animation (although I think the preferred rooms at AoA are suites). My TA is calling today. I'm anxious to hear what she finds out. I really hope Disney works to keep us in a preferred room like we'd booked!

Do you know anything about guests who booked preferred rooms? I had/have a preferred room booked at All-Star Movies. I like being near the main lobby and especially transportation, as it makes the trip more enjoyable over the long run. I would much prefer a preferred room at an All-Star than a far away room at a place like Pop Century.

Do people who booked preferred rooms get to maintain that when they're moved to another value resort? I know Pop is more money than All-Stars, but I hope I get a preferred room there, or a preferred room at Art of Animation (although I think the preferred rooms at AoA are suites). My TA is calling today. I'm anxious to hear what she finds out. I really hope Disney works to keep us in a preferred room like we'd booked!
We had a standard ASMo room booked and got put into a preferred room at Pop, so I’d think if they upgraded like that they wouldn’t downgrade you. Fingers crossed!

So, it's been nearly a week since I switched from Wilderness Lodge to CR. My price protection processed and it's all good on that end, but the WL reservation is still showing in MDE along with the CR reservation. Do I need to do something about this? I'm confused why it's still there.
That's strange! I also had WL but it dropped off as the GS CM was processing my resort change. It disappeared immediately. Although I have no idea how to check the price (I am room only though)
Maybe shoot Guest Services an email? (although - editing after having this thought - have you deleted cookies and cache? I'm wondering if that might be it? I've had that happen before with FPs and dining I've changed that don't fall off right away)

We had preferred ASMo for November and were moved to preferred Pop.
(After I hung up, I was thinking I should have chosen AoA, just to see if we would have gotten the suite? lol. We would have been happy with LM rooms too. I let the CM decide since I was OK either way and just happy to get August fixed after I was upcharged the previous day.)

2 will be in pack and plays, I think that’s why. I WISH we could get a 1bdrm!

That's strange! I also had WL but it dropped off as the GS CM was processing my resort change. It disappeared immediately. Although I have no idea how to check the price (I am room only though)
Maybe shoot Guest Services an email? (although - editing after having this thought - have you deleted cookies and cache? I'm wondering if that might be it? I've had that happen before with FPs and dining I've changed that don't fall off right away)
As RO, I found two ways to see the charge for the room: (1) In the MDE app, click on "Resort Hotel" and then scroll down a little bit and click "View Charges" to see a breakdown of the resort stay; (2) On the website under "My Plans," if you have a "Change Reservation" option, you can click on that and the price should be listed on the bottom of the page.

2 will be in pack and plays, I think that’s why. I WISH we could get a 1bdrm!
I hope they give you one. The extra room will help a lot. The studios at Kidani are not very large and would be tight for 5 IMO. It really shouldn’t matter to Disney what the sleeping arrangements are especially given the circumstances. You are the one being inconvenienced. Another great thing at AKL Kidani is 1 bdrm has 2 baths! Also, studios are generally in more demand than 1 bedroom units so, fingers crossed!

As RO, I found two ways to see the charge for the room: (1) In the MDE app, click on "Resort Hotel" and then scroll down a little bit and click "View Charges" to see a breakdown of the resort stay; (2) On the website under "My Plans," if you have a "Change Reservation" option, you can click on that and the price should be listed on the bottom of the page.
Thank you!!
I was able to locate it on my November reservation (my August doesn't have a change button, I have to call for that one).

You’ve got to be kidding. I called yesterday morning, and was told that my December WL king room wasn’t eligible for a move to CCV or BRV, only to another deluxe hotel rather than a deluxe villa. A 1 bdrm at BRV would have been perfect. We eventually negotiated a std room at Poly, but we would have much rather stayed at WL. The utter lack of logic and consistency is absolutely killing me.

As others have mentioned, I think the reason is that DVC is probably heavily booked for December reservations right now and they probably don't have the inventory to move you. Most of the DVC moves we have seen are for people arriving within the next couple months. That said, unless things with COVID-19 radically improve by December, I bet a good number of those DVC reservations will cancel. While many DVC owners are true hardcore Disney fans, there are plenty DVC owners who would rather not risk a trip to WDW and can afford to eat the cost of their lost points this year if they choose to stay home. The problem is that many of those traveling in December are taking a wait-and-see attitude for now.

If you really want to stay at WL, it wouldn't hurt to check in closer to your arrival date or within the 60 day breakage period to see if something has opened up at BRV or CCV that works for you. Your record will likely still show you were originally booked at WL and were moved to the Poly. I wouldn't be surprised if enough people have cancelled by then for Disney to be able to work something out for you.

I have an update!

We were originally scheduled for a preferred room at All-Star Movies. My TA called and tried to get us switched to Art of Animation. I was kind of hoping we'd end up with a suite! However, she found out that Disney's policy right now is to book everyone from the All-Stars to Pop unless there is no more room at Pop. Only then can people get moved to Art of Animation. So, we're officially switched to a preferred room at Pop!

I was hoping someone would be able & willing to talk up Pop Century. I want to get excited for it because, honestly, I'm disappointed. It's the biggest resort, I've heard they have the worst food and terrible buses, and the theme doesn't excite me. We don't mind value resorts and enjoyed All-Star Movies in the past and loved the Toy Story theme and the Fantasia pool.

I have an update!

We were originally scheduled for a preferred room at All-Star Movies. My TA called and tried to get us switched to Art of Animation. I was kind of hoping we'd end up with a suite! However, she found out that Disney's policy right now is to book everyone from the All-Stars to Pop unless there is no more room at Pop. Only then can people get moved to Art of Animation. So, we're officially switched to a preferred room at Pop!

I was hoping someone would be able & willing to talk up Pop Century. I want to get excited for it because, honestly, I'm disappointed. It's the biggest resort, I've heard they have the worst food and terrible buses, and the theme doesn't excite me. We don't mind value resorts and enjoyed All-Star Movies in the past and loved the Toy Story theme and the Fantasia pool.
Yay, super exciting! I actually love Pop! I actually would stay there all the time but after the 100% remodel, the higher prices just made more sense to me to go to make my "home" AKL or GDT (will try to stay there next March!) with an AP discount. In all honesty, the busses aren't bad for a value resort (I'm looking at you, All-Stars) and don't forget, hopefully by the time of your trip you can also use the skyliner. I personally like their food and one thing that is a big plus for me about the resort is the dole whip! I'm a huge dole whip fan and I even recreated my favorite from MK there: dole whip + vanilla swirl on top of a pineapple upside-down cake. Though the rooms aren't themed like AoA, I love their renovations, which make the rooms feel like the renovated rooms at Movies since they're the same.

Last edited:
I have an update!

Since I don't think they would have moved you to a suite at AoA anyways, Pop preferred is just as good if not better than the LM rooms at AoA. The transportation options are identical since they share the Skyliner station equidistant from the hubs of each and usually have dedicated buses to the other parks. Where I think Pop preferred gets the edge over AoA LM rooms is that the LM rooms are the farthest from anything at AoA. It can a good 10 minute walk to the main area where the main pool/food court/check-in/buses/Skyliner are. If you are in a preferred room at Pop, you will be as close to those parts of Pop as you can be at the resort. In fact, you probably will be no further or only a little further from those amenities at AoA if you want to head over, since you are close to the bridge connecting the two that also has the Skyliner station. Finally, the Pop preferred rooms have just been renovated, while the LM rooms are due for a renovation. The only major thing you lose is the theming, but as I mentioned above, you can easily walk over to AoA and have a look around if you are so inclined.

I have an update!

Pop is definitely an upgrade from All Stars. All of the rooms have been refurbished, the Skyliner is a definite perk. The food is typical Food Court fare. You are walking distance to Art of Animation (and their fabulous quick service). I think with the lowered capacity (resorts, as well as parks), buses should be ok.

Has anybody gotten a response from emailing Guest services?

I got a response saying they couldn't help me get moved from a closed resort to an open one and that I would have to call three days after I sent it. I had already called by that time to get our reservation moved, but maybe you would have better luck with them being able to help you, but I think you might save some time by calling first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter