>> Resort Grocery Delivery FAQ <<

I think we will order groceries to be delivered on check in day at the Contemporary, likely using Instacart or Prime. I am worried about cutting into park time too much, so I think we will have it delivered for post-parks. Since we will likely have some beer included in the delivery, we will need to be present at the time of delivery. Has anyone had groceries delivered in the evening? Have delivery windows been pretty accurate lately?

We are renting a car during our visit in June 21. Does anyone know the name of any reasonably priced grocery stores nearby?
Walmart typically has the best prices on groceries without having to scour the ads. There are a few in the area.

Does anyone just Uber to store instead of using grocery delivery service ...seems like it would be cheaper than paying the service charges and tips to do instacart

Anyone have an idea how much a 12 pack of beer costs at the resorts? I know its over priced, but it seems like ordering from amazon and then buying some beer from the resort is cheaper than garden grocery.

Does anyone just Uber to store instead of using grocery delivery service ...seems like it would be cheaper than paying the service charges and tips to do instacart

Interested in this, too. We are thinking of maybe grabbing an uber to the Publix by MK instead of grocery delivery but I haven't decided. I was thinking that way we can do it on our own schedule instead of worrying about delivery windows and meeting the delivery in the hotel lobby...

Interested in this, too. We are thinking of maybe grabbing an uber to the Publix by MK instead of grocery delivery but I haven't decided. I was thinking that way we can do it on our own schedule instead of worrying about delivery windows and meeting the delivery in the hotel lobby...

Yes. We will be at CSR 4/18-4/24 and I think I will check Uber rate to closest Publix. It’s just the 2 of us and we don’t need enough to meet the minimum for instacart I think it’s $50

Does anyone prefer one walmart over another? I've had a big list made up for about two weeks and every day 8-12 items are out of stock. Mostly different things, but it seems like a couple of items are out most of the time.

I'm looking at this one.....
Walmart Kissimmee Store,
4444 W Vine St

Just checked 10 things out of 125 items is out of stock.

Hey all, hoping this is an easy question to answer:

Last time I needed groceries delivered was August 2019 and Instacart worked great; we ordered alcohol so I met the driver outside to pick up my order so she could check my ID. We plan on doing this again in May, but I'm also going to place a Whole Foods delivery as we need some gluten-free and vegan items that are difficult to find at Publix. If there isn't any alcohol in the Whole Foods order, will the driver be able to just leave it at Bell Services? I've only used this service at home with contactless delivery where they left it on my porch.

Thanks & have a great weekend!

I just spoke with Chat asking about bell services and Walmart groceries. She said we should request of walmart that the order be delivered to the room and if they won't then bell service will help. But we must be there to accept the order. No having it be held at bell services. Not sure if this is only for walmart.

Has anyone had a grocery order brought right to room?

I just spoke with Chat asking about bell services and Walmart groceries. She said we should request of walmart that the order be delivered to the room and if they won't then bell service will help. But we must be there to accept the order. No having it be held at bell services. Not sure if this is only for walmart.

We had a Walmart delivery sent to Bell Services last week at Riviera. Bell Services even called our room to see if we were there so Bell Services could bring it up for us. It worked beautifully and I fully intend to do it again in October. We didn't have to be there to accept the order.

We had a Walmart delivery sent to Bell Services last week at Riviera. Bell Services even called our room to see if we were there so Bell Services could bring it up for us. It worked beautifully and I fully intend to do it again in October. We didn't have to be there to accept the order.

Hmm maybe because I told the CM our traveling party was 10 people and the order would be large.

With Walmart deliveries it really depends on the driver. They are instructed NOT to leave groceries with anyone but the person who ordered them some of the drivers will leave them with bell services and some will not but they should bring it to your room if you put that down as an option

Anyone who has used EFEO for grocery delivery:

I am beginning to plan a grocery order for a trip in mid-April and after reading some experiences, I think I would prefer a personal shopper over a service. The order would be mostly drinks and a few snacks for the room. So it will be heavy, cost around $50 at Walmart plus fees. The delivery would be to CSR (probably staying at cabanas).

If you have utilized EFEO before- will the person meet you at your specific location (close to the building, not the main lobby) and is there anyone you recommend based off past experience? How did you pay? Venmo? Cash? Is there a minimum order amount?

I am waiting approval into the group so apologies if my questions are already answered on the FB page.

I was originally thinking I would use Walmart delivery but don’t want to wait until we know our room assignment and what the delivery driver may/ may not do. I think with EFEO, I can personally communicate with someone and avoid last minute problems.

Thanks for any information!

With Walmart deliveries it really depends on the driver. They are instructed NOT to leave groceries with anyone but the person who ordered them some of the drivers will leave them with bell services and some will not but they should bring it to your room if you put that down as an option

I was confused with Chat's advise because I thought delivery services were not allowed inside building. I would be happy with walmart right to the room. Sometimes bell service is busy and I don't want $200 of groceries sitting in the sun waiting.

Anyone who has used EFEO for grocery delivery:

I am beginning to plan a grocery order for a trip in mid-April and after reading some experiences, I think I would prefer a personal shopper over a service. The order would be mostly drinks and a few snacks for the room. So it will be heavy, cost around $50 at Walmart plus fees. The delivery would be to CSR (probably staying at cabanas).

If you have utilized EFEO before- will the person meet you at your specific location (close to the building, not the main lobby) and is there anyone you recommend based off past experience? How did you pay? Venmo? Cash? Is there a minimum order amount?

I am waiting approval into the group so apologies if my questions are already answered on the FB page.

I was originally thinking I would use Walmart delivery but don’t want to wait until we know our room assignment and what the delivery driver may/ may not do. I think with EFEO, I can personally communicate with someone and avoid last minute problems.

Thanks for any information!

I used Marci's Magical Deliveries. Her fee was $20 to deliver to my resort. She requested that I place my order at N Old Lake Wilson Walmart & list her & her email as a secondary pick up. She accepted payment thru PayPal to lock in my pick up date. I thought I saw on FB that she was closing up shop from Easter until fall, but you can double check on that. There were at least 2 other grocery deliveries that have also been well reviewed thru EFEO, so if Marci isn't available, you're not out of luck. I did like the idea of personal shopper vs a grocery delivery service. Walmart's minimum is $35 for grocery pick-up. Marci was communicating with me by text on pick up day & if we were at the resort, I'm sure I could have met her, but I had her leave it at our Bell Desk & they brought everything up with our suitcases when our room was ready.

I did find that like a PP mentioned, Walmart tends to be "out" of quite a few products especially on the day my order was being picked up. They will credit you for unavailable items or ask thru email if you would like a substitution. Unfortunately for me, we were flying when the emails were sent, so I wasn't able to accept any substitutions & was missing items in my final order. We weren't missing vital items, so it wasn't a big deal.

I think each grocery delivery person may handle an order their own way, so I can't speak on any other service besides Marci. I was happy with it & additionally happy I was able to support a Cast Member. I also purchased a gift basket for my cousins' first WDW trip which she delivered along with my groceries. They loved it, so I was super happy with everything. Hope this info helps!

I used Marci's Magical Deliveries. Her fee was $20 to deliver to my resort. She requested that I place my order at N Old Lake Wilson Walmart & list her & her email as a secondary pick up. She accepted payment thru PayPal to lock in my pick up date. I thought I saw on FB that she was closing up shop from Easter until fall, but you can double check on that. ....
Thank you! This makes me definitely prefer EFEO, now I just need to get added to the fb group so I can coordinate a delivery.

Does anyone prefer one walmart over another? I've had a big list made up for about two weeks and every day 8-12 items are out of stock. Mostly different things, but it seems like a couple of items are out most of the time.

I'm looking at this one.....
Walmart Kissimmee Store,
4444 W Vine St

Just checked 10 things out of 125 items is out of stock.
10 out of 125 isn't bad for walmart. They have an automatic reordering system that likes the shelf to run close to empty before the next order comes in so they don't have to keep much in the warehouse out back or up on the risers.

I just allow them to substitute and often I'll get a happy surprise (like a more expensive item for the same price).

10 out of 125 isn't bad for walmart. They have an automatic reordering system that likes the shelf to run close to empty before the next order comes in so they don't have to keep much in the warehouse out back or up on the risers.

I just allow them to substitute and often I'll get a happy surprise (like a more expensive item for the same price).

At home there were times, we got great deals. Order 9 oz pack of packaged deli meat and got a 16 oz one.

But sometimes I'd get weird subs. I wanted cole salw mix, they gave me shredded lettuce. And twice when I ordered milk, they said they had none. No milk in any size???? Once I ordered bread, two loaves @$2 each. They subbed ONE loaf @ $4.

Anyway, it just tough to plan and then not have it show up. You know how kids are, they are used to eggos waffles, but walmart waffles taste weird.

That reordering system information is interesting. There have been times, I have an order. At ten pm, everything is in stock. 6 am, I'm missing stuff. There might have 2 on the shelf and some other order was filled. I always thought "how can that happen".

At home there were times, we got great deals. Order 9 oz pack of packaged deli meat and got a 16 oz one.

But sometimes I'd get weird subs. I wanted cole salw mix, they gave me shredded lettuce. And twice when I ordered milk, they said they had none. No milk in any size???? Once I ordered bread, two loaves @$2 each. They subbed ONE loaf @ $4.

Anyway, it just tough to plan and then not have it show up. You know how kids are, they are used to eggos waffles, but walmart waffles taste weird.

That reordering system information is interesting. There have been times, I have an order. At ten pm, everything is in stock. 6 am, I'm missing stuff. There might have 2 on the shelf and some other order was filled. I always thought "how can that happen".
You do have the option of not allowing subs, but then you run the risk of not having anything you really need. It's like a no-win situation. But I can relate to kids not wanting some Walmart brands. Especially the waffles. I will eat them, but there is definitely a difference in taste, texture and quality. And the time your order gets filled can indeed impact item availability. Again, a no-win situation.

I came here for the knowledge and comments. I never thought that onsite guests did large orders of groceries for delivery. I completely forgot that Disney does have the DVC villas with full kitchens. I just believe Disney doesn't put forth much effort to make accessibility easy to the world outside the bubble. I have only stayed onsite once at AoA when it was built and I was shocked that all units didn't contain a fridge. It's definitely intended for guests to spend money on Disney food and not food from the outside. It's obvious it's intentional to keep you from going outside bubble. Maybe they should put in a grocery store targeted to DVC guests but available to anyone on property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter