Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 2 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*

Staying at GC the week before Thanksgiving and have not been on ROTR. Read the super thread on boarding groups and getting to the park early to get through the turnstiles before official opening time. Just wondering which is the better option if using EE go to the monorail or DL turnstiles?

Staying at GC the week before Thanksgiving and have not been on ROTR. Read the super thread on boarding groups and getting to the park early to get through the turnstiles before official opening time. Just wondering which is the better option if using EE go to the monorail or DL turnstiles?
If you read the first post of this Superthread, you'll see that we don't recommend using the monorail entrance for the reasons stated by the above posters. Look over the first 3 posts of this Superthread carefully for very helpful information -- there's a lot there!

Me too. I was excited to do it for real yesterday and today. Instead I'm cleaning the garage and spending all my Disney money on door-dash. Expectations vs Reality of my spring break...

I hope everyone is staying strong enough to pull the ears off a gundark. Be careful out there.

Yup. Yesterday was going to be our first day in the parks too.... was looking forward to the thrill and chaos.

Now the chaos is a bit... different.

Turnstiles, especially when you stay at the Grand Californian. You would be walking away from the Disneyland entrance if you wanted to ride the monorail into the park.

All wings, report in. I hope you are all avoiding imperial entanglements and flying casual despite all this disruption.

I updated the chart to reflect the uncertainty of reopening. It's stupid, but when I start feeling down, I pull out my light saber and swing it around for a while. I've also taken up archery in my backyard for relaxation.

Anyway, I really miss the well mannered frivolity of watching the performance of ROTR and playing along at home for BGs and hearing everyone's stories of agony and triumph.

Ignite the spark...

if the rumors end up being somewhat true, with BG type lines for more rides whenever the parks start to reopen, we will all be prepared!

Today’s find at the market....not quite the same size as in SWGE.

View attachment 490552
OMG! My son's favorite food is ice cream sandwiches, and his favorite everything-else-on-the-planet is Star Wars! Where did you find these?!

ETA: I just checked my grocery store and they have them!!!! It's the little things right now, and this is going to make my boy so happy. Thanks for posting!

if the rumors end up being somewhat true, with BG type lines for more rides whenever the parks start to reopen, we will all be prepared!

Today’s find at the market....not quite the same size as in SWGE.

View attachment 490552
I haven't actually posted, but have been an avid reader of the entire thread. :-) I do miss the excitement of seeing if people got their boarding groups. We have a trip planned for the end of July for DD's High School Graduation. I have a feeling that we'll probably throw caution into the wind and go if it is open. She has already had her Graduation Ceremony and her last year at Summer Camp cancelled. It's killing me. I so want to give her something to make her happy.
I would LOVE to be able to find these! I'd even brave Safeway if needed!!

Reactions: EmJ
I found them at Ralphs, which is Kroger in the Midwest. They may also be at Target, others have seen the Mickey bars there though I have not been to a Target in over a month. Someone on a blog posted seeing them in a Publix in Florida a while back.

If there, they will be in the novelties section of the ice cream case -may have to look for them. I spotted these today because we are in a heat wave here in CA & the ice cream shelves were pretty picked over. I happened to spot them, as I had not seen them previously & they were on a different shelf than the Mickey bars.

Good luck! MTFBWY in your search of the ice cream galaxy.

Reactions: EmJ
My BG skillz have been transferred to Amazon! The excitement of scoring hard to find items reminds me of all the mornings spent watching this thread. :) My sister received a mega package of name brand toilet paper for her birthday and was mystified as to how I managed to find it. All I can say is, the one of us who thinks Disney is a waste of time is the one who can't score on Amazon! Use the Force, indeed! (And the Cha-Cha works on Amazon, too! LOL!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter