• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

ROFR Thread April to June 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is interesting that while DIS members are a small subset of resale purchasers that such a significant portion of the best deals that are grabbed or negotiated are posted here
Can’t speak for everyone, but I researched and watched for a solid 6-12 months. On this board, Facebook and other sites.
I knew when the market fell, I’d be making an offer soon at either AKL or OKW.
I really wanted Riv (even w restrictions), but not paying more than $110/pt. Maybe someday.

Can’t speak for everyone, but I researched and watched for a solid 6-12 months. On this board, Facebook and other sites.
I knew when the market fell, I’d be making an offer soon at either AKL or OKW.
I really wanted Riv (even w restrictions), but not paying more than $110/pt. Maybe someday.
Because of those very restrictions, I don’t imagine that’s too far off in your future. 24-36 months?

So I have to update mine...apparently Fidelity just sent the ROFR to Disney today..instead of 9 days ago when the seller and I inked the contract. Sigh...

so

nickoley---$95-$10922-100-AKV-Feb-0/19, 100/20, 100/21, 100/22- sent 4/18

ugh! I was so hoping I’d hear early next week...guess not.

Welcome to fidelity lol

Welcome to fidelity lol

Yes - Fidelity tends to be the longer path to the finish line.:crutches:
But I was really happy with their prices and selection of contracts.

Updated!

Pretty pleased with myself for getting it done exactly a week later seeing as I barely know what day it is half the time anymore 🤣
Thanks for the update - I see you've updated your avatar also. I like the new cruise picture, but really liked the "throne" in your previous photo! :goodvibes
ET :darth:

Yes - Fidelity tends to be the longer path to the finish line.:crutches:
But I was really happy with their prices and selection of contracts.

Thanks for the update - I see you've updated your avatar also. I like the new cruise picture, but really liked the "throne" in your previous photo! :goodvibes
ET :darth:

The throne will return! It was indeed an actual throne- Maleficent's throne from Club Villain (R.I.P.).

I needed something a little sunnier and brighter for the time being ;).

Thank you!

ETA- I agree, Fidelity tends to take forever at all points of the process but the savings are worth it IMHO.

Cruz85---$129-$33238-240-BLT-Mar-0/19, 240/20, 240/21- sent 4/17

Fingers crossed! First time buyers and excited but nervous about ROFR.

First time buyer here, too (offers in for VGF and Poly)! Also very nervous about ROFR. Good luck!!!!

Good News from Fidelity today.
My SSR-Contract just cleared the last Non-Disney Hurdle. Closing was completed and the Deed Recorded today - 4/20/20 ! :cool1:
Now to get the points loaded to my account.... Fidelity estimated those 2 Disney Steps could take from 14-24 business days !??
What's the average time based on collective experience here on the Disboards?
ET:darth:

My SSR-Contract just cleared the last Non-Disney Hurdle. Closing was completed and the Deed Recorded today - 4/20/20 ! :cool1:
Now to get the points loaded to my account.... Fidelity estimated those 2 Disney Steps could take from 14-24 business days !??
Congratulations!! I hav found that it usually takes about a week for contract to show up in account and then points to load is variable 1 time was 4 days and 1 was 2 weeks.
I finally received a response today for my contract and was told seller finally found notary and was going today. I am at 74 days since offer and still waiting to close.

Congratulations!! I hav found that it usually takes about a week for contract to show up in account and then points to load is variable 1 time was 4 days and 1 was 2 weeks.
I finally received a response today for my contract and was told seller finally found notary and was going today. I am at 74 days since offer and still waiting to close.
WOW - That's a long time looking for a notary! This has been an educational experience for me.

WOW - That's a long time looking for a notary! This has been an educational experience for me.
I am not sure why it would take so long since Texas was not a completely shut down state.
Even if seller really wanted to stay isolated, then why not at least communicate that. Also another example of poor communication from Fidelity and First American by not staying on top of this and trying to keep process moving. I should not have to threaten to get deposit back because of default of seller to receive some communication as to why was taking so long.

CMs have now been furloughed so that department may be operating with a smaller crew. It could take longer than normal,

I am not sure why it would take so long since Texas was not a completely shut down state.
Even if seller really wanted to stay isolated, then why not at least communicate that. Also another example of poor communication from Fidelity and First American by not staying on top of this and trying to keep process moving. I should not have to threaten to get deposit back because of default of seller to receive some communication as to why was taking so long.
I had a similar experience with Fidelity and First American. Never got any updates unless I asked for them, and they did nothing to stay on top of the seller to try and get them to return docs. Meaning they never had an update when I asked and they would have to engage the seller when I inquired. I waited over 6 months past the closing date and they never came. When I told them I was done because it was clear that getting it closed wasn’t a priority for them, they acted surprised that I wanted to walk away. The service with those two companies is severely lacking. You might get a good deal, but you also may pay for it other ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter