Sarah & Joshua's PJ~WP/Napa~6/25/2009~Updated 6/23~We're at Disney!!!

We got our wedding planner today!!:banana: :cheer2:

Our wedding coordinator, Kristi, called earlier to tell us that they had received the contract and everything was moving along smoothly, and right after I got off the phone with Kristi, my planner called to introduce herself. I was assigned Karen, and she let me know that I would be working with her and her assistant Brandy as well. We went over some basic information about the wedding. We aren't having dancing or a bar. (Our families don't drink for religious reasons.) I also let her know that we are hoping to stay within our budget at around the $10,000 mark. I'm hoping she will really try to work on this with us because my mom is working her butt of right now to try to save up for the wedding. I don't want my mom to have to worry about me going over the budget. :scared:

We also talked about how important it was for us to be able to watch the fireworks show at the end of the reception, and since there won't be dancing, the reception won't really last a long time. So it could be a problem if the fireworks are at 10 and not 9. Cross your fingers for me!

Your engagement pix are beautiful! So happy you got your planner! Let the decision-making begin! :banana:

Yeah for getting a planner! And your e-pics are beautiful, BTW!

We got our signed contract back in the mail today and there was pixie dust inside! pixiedust: Our AP vouchers! They came with a little note from our wedding coordinator wishing us well.

I also got an email the other day about the new save the dates. They look nothing like the old ones. They include ticket and resort information as well as a small wedding announcement.

Save_the_Date.jpg

I'm gonna leave the picture large so that you can still read it too.

Sarah that's awesome!! Congratulations!

Thanks for showing a pic of the new STD's. They really did a great job with the new ones.

Sarah, first off: a fellow WV girl!! I grew up in Wheeling. What part of WV are you from? Your engagement pics look like they are from Olgebay (but hey-- all fall trees look the same :laughing:)?

More importantly, everything looks great!! I love it all!

DFiance and I are planning a 2010 Escape Wedding so reading everyone's PJs is so much fun! Looking forward to an update and some WV talk. :goodvibes

hey, sarah's mom here..

its getting near the end of the semester and of course she is busy. i'll let her fill in the details.

of course as she has said i agreed to paying for the wedding. I'm working a lot of overtime. My hospital likes it alot.

Sarah, first off: a fellow WV girl!! I grew up in Wheeling. What part of WV are you from? Your engagement pics look like they are from Olgebay (but hey-- all fall trees look the same )?

Rora, pictures are taken near Hundred. So you're pretty close. We are in Parkersburg. I like your name. Sarah's nickname is Rory since she has been in college.

Go 'eers.

We aren't too far!

Rory seems to be a pretty popular name in WV-- I know like 3 other girls from WV named Rory.

Can't wait for more wedding details!

wow! I have been crazy busy and stressed, but finals are next week and I should be back to posting wedding details soon. School and wedding stuff is going good, but the house situations just seems to be going downhill. DF and I have decided to give it another week with the realtor and everything(there is a lot that has to be done with the house) and if nothing happens we are going to start looking again.

Our Christmas trip to the world is less than two weeks away! we have a planning session on the 29th and I still haven't gotten the music and cake selection kit. :scared1: I emailed the planner today and I hope it will be sent soon.

There has been a hitch in the room block situation but I will explain later cause class starts in 20 minutes and I need to finished writing an article review.

Wish me luck!:cutie:

We aren't too far!

Rory seems to be a pretty popular name in WV-- I know like 3 other girls from WV named Rory.

Can't wait for more wedding details!

Rory is just my nickname. This guy thought I looked like Rory from Gilmore Girls. :happytv:

Congrats on your wedding and I can't wait to read more..... It sounds like you are off to a great start... :grouphug:

Rory is just my nickname. This guy thought I looked like Rory from Gilmore Girls. :happytv:
You do kinda look like Rory Gilmore! :thumbsup2

I don't look like her at all- I'm blonde.

Everytime I introduce myself everyone's like "OMG, like Rory Gilmore!" :rolleyes:

Can't wait to read more about the wedding! :bride:

I finally made it back home from class. I forgot to turn my light off in my car, so when I went to go start it after class, it wouldn't start. The plus side was that I got to have DF come rescue me.:woohoo: Then we had dinner and went to walmart and I bought a wedding notebook planner thing. It's from Martha Stewart, and walmart also had her new line of wedding supplies that included invites, response cards, name cards, some decorations, and favor things. I am thinking about using some of them because they really didn't cost all that much.

I have also had some drama. It started off with supposedly "good" news, some more of his family was going to be able to come; the bad news: they own a timeshare right off of Disney property, and all of DF's dad's side of the family is going to be staying in it. And I find this out AFTER I have signed the contract which had the room block in it! I am freaking out! That is about 28 to 35 nights in my roomblock that I won't use now. The only good thing I can think of is that I have 1 family I didn't account for in the room block, and with the buy 4 get 3 discount, some families might be staying longer than we thought they would.

My family leaves for Disney in 1 1/2 weeks!!!:banana: I can't wait. DF will be arriving on the 29th for the planning session and will get to spend new years with us. It is our first trip together and I can't think of a better place to be together. There are so many things that I want to show and do with him. The 4 days we are there won't be enough!:headache: oh well, atleast he gets to come! :cool1:

I think that about sums up everything so far.

I'm home! We just got back from our Disney trip yesterday and I do plan to write a trip report. I will probably start that sometime later this week. DF and I had our planning session and everything went really well. Karen was amazed at how much I had done, but all of that will be in the TR. :cheer2:

How awesome ! I'm sure you feel like I did a huge weight off your shoulders.. now for the BEO :scared: Quite scared of that on this end!! Can't wait to read all about it!

Hey I'm all caught up now. I love the new STDs so pretty.

Look forward to your TR.

I have left you all waiting long enough! Here is it; the beginning of my planning session trip report. This was a vary long trip, a little over two weeks, so it might take a while to get everything posted.

And now! On with the Show!

A little pre-trip info: my mom and I both had to go the doctor a couple of days before we were to leave, and we both had to go on antibiotics!:crazy2:

Here is a list of everyone who came on the trip: Grandma, Grandpa, Mom, Uncle Rob, Aunt DJ, Kayla(my cousin), and of course ME! My other cousin, Ryan, who works at Disney, also stayed with us; my sister, Suzanne, flew in on the 23rd, and DF, Joshua, flew in on the 29th. Now if this sounds like a lot of people, it is. lol! My grandparents own an RV and small trailer and we stay at the campground. It can be crazy at times, especially with finding places to sleep, but we all love being able to stay together and have "homecooked" food.

We all left my grandparents on Friday around noon and were able to make it to Disney Saturday evening. Here are some pictures of the drive onto Disney property.

Picture064.jpg

Picture066.jpg

Picture067.jpg

Picture068.jpg

Picture069.jpg

Picture070.jpg

IT'S DISNEY!!!!!!
Picture071.jpg

Look! It's DHS!!!
Picture072.jpg

Picture073.jpg

And now for the rest of the first day!

A Disney Bus!
Picture074.jpg

Aunt DJ then handed out some gum, and since I wanted to be a good little Disser and have a thorough TR, I took a pic.
Picture075.jpg

The monorail!
Picture076.jpg

Wow! Look at the cute snow-mice!
Picture077.jpg

We also have this neat thing where my family gives candy gifts to every CM we enounter. Here's what they look like!
Picture078.jpg

Disney trees! :rotfl:
Picture079.jpg

Yay! We're there!
Picture080.jpg

The Check-in station at the campground.
Picture081.jpg

Aunt DJ checking us in.
Picture082.jpg

Uncle Rob getting in the way of me trying to take a picture of the new lampposts.
Picture083.jpg

Our campsite!
Picture084.jpg

Once we got there, we had to unload the trailer so that it was light enough for us to move by hand. It took forever to set everything up that evening and it got dark way to fast, but we got mostly everything done. We decided to finish the next day when it was lighter. Needless to say, we all slept really well that night.:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter