Say no to Alamo

baileybrad
You are absolutely correct, but, I really don't feel it needs to be repeated over and over and over.

I disagree with whether something should be repeated over and over. Many times the search function on the boards is "down". There is no "frequently asked questions" like there is for the DVC when it comes to bad or good experiences with a particular hotel chain or rental car company. People are constantly discovering these boards. What is old news to some is possibly vacation saving to a newer poster. Some folks develop a bit of "back and forth" with each other on certain subjects discussed on these boards from past difference of opinions or experiences with a particular part of the WDW experience. I refuse to let those things enter in to how many times I post on a subject that has been discussed many times. There is always the chance that someone will gain from information be it positive or negative. Again when it comes to a particular rental car company, resort chain, restaurant, or etc., just keep the information coming. I love the HH DVC resort...others point out what they think to be shortcomings or better resorts for the money but I will, everytime I see the subject broached, repeat that I think that it is the best DVC resort for the money/experience that there is....I am sure that many get tired of hearing it and disagree strongly but so be it. It is just my opinion.

There are questions that are repeated many times over on this board and throughout the DIS.. It is just the nature of this kind of Forum set up. New people come in and post their comments or questions and others here reply with advice as requested....

Or, are you saying some posters make comments repeatedly in an attempt to 'muck rake?'

As has been said before, one person can have a bad experience while the next one has a good one. The consumer (of DIS in this case) who asks a question has to decide based on the advice being given.. In the case of Alamo the negatives seem to outweigh the postives by about 4 to 1.. Now the consumer can decide.

everytime I see the subject broached, repeat that I think that it is the best DVC resort for the money/experience that there is....I am sure that many get tired of hearing it and disagree strongly but so be it. It is just my opinion.

Hey, that is the way to do it. But, I don't see you just starting the same post repeatedly.

There are questions that are repeated many times over on this board and throughout the DIS.. It is just the nature of this kind of Forum set up. New people come in and post their comments or questions and others here reply with advice as requested....

You are absolutely correct, they are asked many times over, however, this was not a response to any question, it was a rehash of the same statement, yet again.

The last 9 or 10 posts have no place on this thread. They have nothing to do with the topic of the thread.

There is no posting guideline broken by the posting of someones opinion about a particular car rental company.

The only guidelines I see broken are those concerning sarcasm and staying on topic.

If you see a thread you do not like the topic of - please do not read it, but refrain from trying to tell any poster what thread they can and cannot start.

The only person with the aurthority to do that is the owner of this site. Now it is time to get back to friendly discussions of transportation!

If you see a thread you do not like the topic of - please do not read it, but refrain from trying to tell any poster what thread they can and cannot start.

I have yet to see anyone on this thread do that.

However, to stay OT, I like Alamo and have had great experiences with them.

Thanks for the info on Alamo. I have a reservation with them for an upcoming trip. I don't like to go off site to pick up a vehicle either. Didn't have a problem with Hertz last trip in August. Never a problem with National. Cars always clean and new. In fact, my Hertz car only had 30 miles on it. Brand new! I am going to do a little more research on Alamo. Don't want to get stuck anywhere and be told to pay for a tow back during my vacation. Sounds like the majority of posters had bad luck with them.

I have rented from Alamo many times. I've rented in locations from Hawaii to Orlando and I've never had a negative experience. Quicksilver is wonderful. You just put in your card and answer a few questions and your contract spits out in about a minute with your car location right on it. I've almost always found Alamo to be the most reasonable, especially in Orlando. Even when I have had to pay a little more, it has been worth it because of the convenience of Quicksilver

As for off-site. I'd like to share what we do when we rent at MCO. When we exit the plane I head directly to the Alamo shuttle while the rest of my family goes to collect the baggage. The Alamo headquarters is 1 or 2 exits from the airport. Not long at all. I use the Quicksilver to get my car and head back to the airport to pick up the family. We've used this method the last 4 times we've gone to WDW and 3 of those times I was back to pick everyone up before they had retrieved the luggage. I know everyone has different experiences and I'm sorry if you haven't been happy with Alamo because I really do like them. I just wanted to share my GOOD experience with you all.:D

62 More days

KarenT

An excellent suggestion on how to save time.

I told my wife that Disney switched to Alamo from National and she said not no, but he$$ no! My worst Disney traveling experience was there. Never again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter