Scotts toilet paper, ugh

We are on septic so Scott is our TP of choice since it breaks up faster than other TP. As a kid I was always told I was THINK HEADED and guess in my old age I've become TOUGH BUTTED.

I used to ride Amtrak a lot, and they warned people not to put anything in the toilet other than human waste and the provided TP. I saw unopened packages of their TP and I don't think it was anything terribly special. It might have been tested for their lavatory system, but it didn't seem like anything that couldn't be purchased through a janitorial supply.

Charmin all the way!

When staying at a hotel with lousy TP I buy a pack of charmin blue and extra soft Kleenex. 2-3 weeks Is a long time with bad products.

A Walgreens, Publix or Walmart run is inevitable every trip (I always need bottled water- my dog is a diva). If it is a short trip I pack a roll or two.
I stayed at POP Century in February and I thought to myself, wow they've really upped their toilet paper game! After I needed to replace the roll, it became apparent that that was not the case and the previous occupant must have brought their own.

I'm not sure why everyone keeps saying Scott's is cheap. I just looked online at my local supermarket. A 12 pack of Scott's is $10.50. 12 packs of Cottonelle, Quilted Northern and Angel Soft are all under $8.
Yeah, that's what I said. It's not any cheaper.

The OP did mention buying a big pack at Sam's so I'm thinking maybe there's a difference with the commercial kind? My mom always buys one-ply rough TP (I think it might be Scott) in the jumbo packages at Sams/Costco/BJs, but it's completely different than the Scott Comfort Plus I buy. She claims they go through TP too fast so she has to buy the cheaper/one-ply. I always argue with her that we all use like 3x the amount when we are at her house because it's so thin, but she refuses to change.

Ok, I have a question in all seriousness. I don’t know anyone with a bidet. I know what one is and what it does, but how do you dry off if you aren’t using tp? I always assumed tp was used for that purpose. I don’t have washcloths, and don’t have a huge surplus of hand or bath towels. Really curious about this, but don’t want to Google . . .
My parents have had bidets (like the separate unit type). I'm pretty sure many people do use TP to dry, but maybe less since you're just dabbing dry rather than the amount you would use to actually wipe yourself.

We just renovated our bathroom and installed the seat-type bidet. The one we have does have a hot air dryer, but you need to sit there forever if you want to be completely dry. In light of the TP shortage, my husband picked up a 24 pack of white washcloths at Costco for $10 and put them in a little basket in the cabinet next to the toilet. It may sound gross, but we are just lightly drying and our butts are already clean so I consider it the same as using a towel after showering. Used cloth goes into the hamper to be washed. (No double dipping :rotfl: )

Scott's is literally the ONLY TP I won't buy. I don't get why people like it, it's not soft at all. To each their own I suppose.

It’s soft enough for me, and based on this thread, I’m not alone. LOL, I guess the private parts of some people are more delicate than others. ;)

We're an Angel Soft household. Couple weeks ago I was able to get my hands on a big pack of Walmart brand TP. Not half bad. Would buy it again once things hopefully get back to normal.

My neighbor uses Scott's and I used the bathroom over there a few years ago and asked "WTH is wrong with the TP" She said she enjoys it because it will wipe and scratch all at the same time. LOL Sorry, but I'll stick to my Angel Soft.

I buy Scott's I have for years. we also have a septic tank, we were told by the guy that pumps it out Scott is the best. The softer, fluffier kinds plugs it up.

My husband made a trip up to Costco today and bought a bundle of toilet paper. Scotts is back in stock.

My husband made a trip up to Costco today and bought a bundle of toilet paper. Scotts is back in stock.
We went to Costco last night and they also had toilet paper back. I know at least the Kirkland brand. We didn't buy any though because we're not at the point of needing it. We did notice a lot of people, well there wasn't a lot of people in there but you know what I mean lol, had some toilet paper in their carts.

There are assorted theories as to why there's a shortage. Apparently the amount of total TP sales hasn't gone up. However, the institutional style of toilet paper is being repurposed for for personal sales, but this is happening slowly. They're not exactly packaged for retail sales, so they're slapping on bar code stickers. Also - a lot of people are spending more time at home, so that means more of personal TP rather than the institutional variety used at offices, restaurants, shopping centers, etc.

We went to Costco last night and they also had toilet paper back. I know at least the Kirkland brand. We didn't buy any though because we're not at the point of needing it. We did notice a lot of people, well there wasn't a lot of people in there but you know what I mean lol, had some toilet paper in their carts.
Yes, he was tipped off to the fact that they had TP in stock by the fact that everyone leaving had some in their cart. We hadn't stocked up on it before the ship hit the fan, so I told him to grab a bundle so we avoid having to go out again.

I wasn't sure which thread this would best fit in, but I saw this at the grocery store today.

20200408_181158.jpg

And this.

20200408_181239.jpg

I'm not THAT desperate... yet.

Just scored some TP today. Costco's house brand is my usual but recently we've been making our visits later in the day and they've been out of TP. We went in the morning (apparently they're opening at 8 AM) but they still had plenty by about 10 AM. And it was placed in several locations including the normal spot in the back corner as well as at the ends of several aisles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter