Not open for further replies.

karentan

<font color=green>my main job for tomorrow is to g
From Spain to Space Mountain - Taking the Magic Home​

Welcome Aboard!!​

This thread is a continuation of
previous thread - part 1
previous thread - part 2

A big welcome to all our new cruisers, please join in the fun!

Please take time to read the information on the first two pages. They contain important information, as well as details of all the events, exchanges and meet ups that are being planned.

Lynne has very kindly been writing awesome recaps of the week's events, so those who arent glued to the dis 24/7 can keep up with all thats been going on. The latest weekly recap is on the bottom of this page, and all previous recaps can be found on this thread

If you would like to join in any of the events and exchanges below, please PM the person organising that particular event. In order to ensure smooth running, if you are joining in the events and exchanges, please ensure you take time to reply to any and all PM’s the organiser may send you. If after several attempts you cannot be reached by the organiser, they reserve the right to remove your name from that event/exchange.

Sorry for all the information overload, now back to the fun!

2011 WBTA website
(with thanks to noel and john)

https://sites.google.com/site/wbtasep2011/

Itinerary
2011 westbound transatlantic itinerary

Saturday 10th Barcelona, Spain - aboard 4:00 p.m.
Sunday 11th At Sea
Monday 12th Gibraltar, U.K. - ashore 7:30 a.m, aboard 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday 13th At Sea
Wednesday 14th Madeira, Portugal - ashore 8:30 a.m, aboard 9:30 p.m.
Thursday 15th At Sea
Friday 16th At Sea
Saturday 17th At Sea
Sunday 18th At Sea
Monday 19th At Sea
Tuesday 20th St. Maarten, Netherland Antilles - ashore 7:15 a.m, aboard 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday 21st Tortola, British Virgin Islands - ashore 7:30 a.m, aboard 3:45 p.m.
Thursday 22nd At Sea
Friday 23rd Castaway Cay - ashore 11:15 a.m, aboard 4:30 p.m.
Saturday 24th Port Canaveral, Florida - ashore 7:30 a.m

Current list of cruisers:
(updated 23rd May 2011)
People with a ? next to their name have not confirmed yet if they are definately able to cruise
If i have missed anyone out, please let me know :)

? 2canadianfans – Sharon and Jean-Marc
3Canadianslovedisney - Leanne, DH Ken, DD Morgan (9), parents Ted and Dorothy
Amackay – Allan and DG Genna
AngieKaye - angie and manda
? AnkaG – Anne-Karine and DH
auntlynne - Lynne (solo)
aurore - Aurore and DH Iestyn
beauty & the best - liz and DH Joe
Beccabeehappy - Becca and Frankie
? Berries – her, DH, DS (4)
? Bhsddisneynut – him and DW
BigHugsForEeyore – Sarah, mum Maureen
binkytell - Sarah, DH Brian, DD Beth (9), DD Ellie (7 months)
Birkner (and birknerjohn) – Noel and John
Brookspayne - Burnice and parents
? Caaimee -
? Cadznychc - Brenda, DS, DBIL
CaroleRWO - Carole, Mike and Jenny
Carys – Sandra
? CastMember_02
chirpee - Lorraine and DH
Chris&Jeremy (and Jeremy&Chris)- Chris (33) and Jeremy (32)
Christannj – her, DH, two adult children
? Cingularone @yahoo.co – Dennis and DW Donita
Cliffy97 - Dan and Bruce
col1 - colin, DW Yvonne, DD Nicole (16), DS Ryan (12)
csgraves - dan and connie
DCL_dreamer - Claire and DH Bob
? Debg -
Dgentrysim - Debra and DH Rick
? Dibond38 - Diana, Steve and DD (6)
disneyfan_sd - Crystal and Trent
disneynut64 - cindy and pam
? disneymagicgirl -
diszneycrazee - bren, OH Paul, DD Georgia (6)
eblong - Bruce and DW Rita
Ebony - Jan, DH Carl
Edith75 - Edith, DH Darren, DD Mallory (13), DD Mackenzie (10)
fontabel - her and DH
GA-yaya - Peggy and DH Roger
GatorMomInNC - her, DS (7), DS (4), Dmom (78)
? giraffe104 - Josh (solo)
Goofy_Adpi - Laura
Goofieslonglostsis - Jacqueline
Goofprincess - Sandy and DH Tony
Granmaz – Marilyn and DH John
Grumpy1234 (and magic123)- Norman and DW Margaret
Happyfeet - Sue
jadragnfly - nancy and rich
? Jennifer_in_MI – Jennifer, DH Steve, DS Sam (15), DS Andrew (13), DS William (11), DD Margaret (5)
jessicasmom - Pat, Larry and DD Jessica (26)
jinxleprechaun - Michael, DW Mary, DD Tamara (12), DMIL Rosanna
jjb52 -
Juliasuzanne - (solo)
Julie2009 - Julie (solo)
Just_love_Eeyore (and Rasmus Faber) – Christina, DH Rasmus, DS Thomas
Karentan – Karen, DH Gary
KiwiMatt – Matthew, DW Hanneke, DD Arwen (5)
kj_connections - Karen and DH Jeff
Lindababe (and MomE and LovingtheMouse) - Linda, Eilean, and Caroline
m_kasch - mary (solo)
? Madscrapper - Jeannine, DD (15) and DD (12)
MandyGirl – Mandy, DH Curt, DD (5), DD (15 months)
Manon_Paul_Nina - her, DH and DD (3)
? Meliador – Melia, DH
melonz - Mel, DD Paris (16), DD Chanelle (14) and DS Ethan (10)
Middleofamerica - Matt, Mindi, and 3 kids (9, 7, and 4)
? MissErin – Erin, DH Jeff, DD Abby, DS Drew, DD Cara
Missjudit - Judi and DH David
mlandgrebe - merill and DH drew
? Mom_rules - her and DH
? Mousemansion
Namsupak - Lauren, DH James, DD Lorelei (2)
? Nassausoccermom
Nick262 – Nickole, DH Dom, DD Kirsten (8)
? njmom23grls - lisa
Paragd911 – Mark and DW Joy, doggy JJ
Pinky166 – Claire and DH Lee
pixie_dust_for_me! - karen and DS Andrew (12)
PFlamingo - Pat and DH Dennis
pkicinski @ yahoo.com - pat and tom
poohluv2u - karen and ed
pooh's pals - Jane and DH Tony
rala - couple and DD (2)
schmendrick54 - Jerry and DW Linda
? Scothen - Scot
seraphine - dawn, DH steve, DS Calum (6), DD Eilidh (2)
Squitty - Michelle and DH Neil
steamboat_will - him and friend Abby
sue_l - sue, DH Paul and Sister Vickie
Susie2 - Susie and DH
Tigger 24 - Bernadette, DH Jon, DD Hailey (7)
tod&copper (and StephenKay) - Mary and DH Stevie
tojam - him, DW Jamie, DS and Jamie's mother
TotallyAngelic - Sarah and DH Tony
? U2FanHfx – Chad and DW
We’re_aliens – Jane and Dave
Wkrider (and buttercup) – Mark and Katie

Logos that can be added to signatures/magnets/tshirts etc

official one:

DCLMAP2.jpg

link to signature size version of the logo above

link to other WBTA logos in various sizes

Other useful info

For non-US citizens
The visa waiver scheme has now been discontinued and has been replaced by the Electronic System for Travel Authorization. Any non-US citizens from previous visa waiver countries now need to apply online for authorization to travel to the US, prior to travelling. You no longer have the option of filling in the form while on the ship. ESTA application process
The site states that you only have to take note of the authorization number, and do not need to print anything out. However one of the cruisers from the 2010 WBTA reported that this was not the case, DCL requires a print out of the ESTA. Those that did not have the print out were required to reapply for the ESTA at check in. Understandably this caused a lot of stress for some people, so please take note of this, so you dont get caught out the same way.

Barcelona tips
Travelling from London to Spain by train
Barcelona Cruise Terminal Information
Hotels in Barcelona thread, more hotels, even more hotels
Kids in Barcelona
Barcelona with Children
Where to buy cheap alcohol before boarding (borrowed from the 2010 WBTA thread):

London tips
What to do in London
Travel for kids
Things for children to do in London

Previous trip reports
Totally Angelic
Tinker1belle
MagicMe
MinnieMousefam
DolphinGirl47

(thanks to Noel (Birkner) for these links, they've been shamelessly stolen from her previous posts!) :rotfl:

Where to find WiFi access
wifi access points while in port

kids thread
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2680262

Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_152365544827288

Dining nights
Mary (Tod and Copper) has had this confirmed by DCL
I've just been speaking to DCL so asked while I was on. She couldn't give me the menu/dining themes for the evening yet, but she did confirm the undernoted:-

Night 2 - Formal Night (Sea Day)
Night 6 - Theme Night TBC (Sea Day)
Night 7 - Formal Night (Sea Day)
Night 11 - Pirate Night (St Maarten)
Night 13 - Semi-Formal (Sea Day)

Secret Mickey Gift Exchange

Welcome to the 2011 WBTA Secret Mickey exchange

This exchange is a bit different from the fish extender exchange, but works along the same way as a secret santa exchange.
Each participating stateroom will be matched with another stateroom, and should buy a gift for that cabin with a total cost of no less than $20 but no more than $25 (approx GB£16, Aus$25, Can$25)
The gifts can be one per cabin, or individual gifts for each person. You can leave the gift in that cabin's fish extender if they have one, or you can ask their stateroom host to put it in the room. You should attach a note to the gift that says its a gift from their secret mickey.

If you would like to join in the Secret Mickey exchange, please PM me with names of everyone in the room who is participating, ages of children, and your room number (if known). Please could you also include a vague idea of your favourite characters/what things you like to receive etc

Cut off date for joining the secret mickey exchange will be Saturday 13th August. PMs will be sent out that week with details of who you are to buy your gift for.
There may be a possibility that latecomers will be able to join in after the cut off date, but only if even numbers of people join after that date (ie: if one person joins after the cut off, then they wont be able to join in - but if two people join after the cut off, then we'll be able to add you to the group)

Participants so far:
(updated 21st April 2011)

karentan - karen, DH Gary - awaiting room assignment - likes: stitch, mickey, disney pins, and chocolate
goofieslonglostsis - Jacqueline - room 6647 - likes: muppets, purple, reading, travel, toystory mania, puzzles, disney
Pflamingo - Pat, DH Dennis - room 5622 - likes: Pat - Stitch; purple; reading, sewing, crochet, Dennis - Woody & Bullseye; blue; flying, We both love our dogs, cooking, wine, and all things Disney
pinky166 - Claire, DH Lee - room 6507 - likes: Stitch, Minnie & Wall.E, likes sweets/choc, Stitch only pins, Vinylmation figures & pins
mandygirl - DD Sarah (5) - room 5513 - likes: anything princess
Dgentrysim - Debra and DH - awaiting room assignment - likes: mickey and scrapbooking
sue_l - Sue, Paul and Vicky - room 7512 - likes: Mickey, Wall-E, cats, the beach. DH loves Donald Duck, white and dark chocolate, golf. Vickie loves Goofy, dogs and the beach
disneyfan_sd - trent and crystal - room 7510 - likes: mickey, pluto and minnie
just love eeyore - thomas (5) - room 6634 - likes: mickey and toy story
jessicasmom - Pat, Larry, DD Jessica (26) - awaiting room assignment - likes: travel, gardening, gaming (Jess), Mickey, Minnie, Chip & Dale, and sweets.
melonz - Mel, DD Paris (16), DD Chanelle (14) DS Ethan (10) - room 1054 - likes: toy story, lion king, sweets (of course) minnie mouse, stitch, pluto
dizneycrazee - Bren, Paul and DD Georgia (6) - awaiting room assignment - likes: anything disney, georgia loves disney animals (101 dalmations/lady and the tramp etc)
fontabel- Amanda and DH Jared - awaiting room assignment - likes: (Amanda) piglet, necklaces, (DH Jared) coffee, gaming (both) travel, reading, keychains, bookmarks.
jinxleprechaun- Michael, DW Mary, DD Tamara (12), DMIL Rosanna - room 1060 - likes: books, chocolate, disney pins, ceramic thimbles, minnie and stitch

Fish Extender Info!!!

If you would like to join in the FE exchange, please PM PFlamingo (Pat) with your Disname, names of everyone in the room participating - first and surnames - and relationship to you (DH, DD, etc), ages of children, and your room number (if known). If you would prefer that your childrens' names not be posted publicly, just let me know. I'll keep them on my list, but I'll only put the relationship identifier (DD, DS) on the list here. It's helpful to know the childrens' genders and ages as some of us do separate gifts for children and we want to make sure we have age/gender appropriate items. I also will not post surnames. Some folks need the names for their FE gifts, so I will only pass them on to those people.

The cut off date to sign up is August 1. You know you want to join in the fun!

For those who aren't familiar with how the FE exchanges work, here are a few threads to get you started! (Thanks to karentan (Karen) for finding these! :thumbsup2 )

FE basics
fish extender info
instructions for the no sew FE
handmade FE gift ideas
other FE gift ideas

(Just a thought: Do not be intimidated by all the uber-creative ideas on the "handmade FE gift ideas" thread! :worship: Whatever you decide to give will be enjoyed and appreciated.)

Participants so far:
(updated 13th May 2011)

Karentan - awaiting room assignment - Karen (30) & DH Gary (29)
Goofyslonglostsis - room 6647 - Jacqueline (31)
PFlamingo - room 5622 - Pat & DH Dennis
Pinky166 - room 6507 - Claire & DH Lee
missjudit - room 7078 - Judie & DH David
ebony - room 2056 - Jan & DH Carl
3canadianslovedisney - awaiting room assignment - Leanne, DH Ken, & DD Morgan (9)
Emmah16 - awaiting room assignment - Emma, DH Dan, & DS Sam (3)
Totallyangelic - room 6003 - Sarah & DH Tony
Steamboatwill - room 1072 - Will & friend Abby
Fontabel - awaiting room assignment - Amanda & DH Jared
JustloveEeyore - room 6634 - Christina, DH Rasmus, & DS Thomas (5)
Dgentrysim - awaiting room assignment - Debra & DH Rick
DisneyfanSD - room 7510 - Crystal & DH Trent
Pixiedustforme - room 7631 - Karen & DS Andrew (12)
mlandgrebe - room 6637 - Merrill & DH Drew
JessicasMom - awaiting room assignment - Pat, DH Larry & DD Jessica (26)
MandyGirl - room 5513 - Mandy, DH Curt, DD (5), DD (1)
LindaBabe - room 5020 - Linda, Eilean (MomE), & Caroline (LovingTheMouse)
GoofyAdpi - awaiting room assignment - Laura
binkytell - room 5009 - Sarah, DH Brian, DD Beth (9), & DD Ellie (8mos)
melonz - room 1054 - Melanie, DD Paris (16), DD Chanelle (14), DS Ethan (10)
m kasch - awaiting room assignment - Mary
Dizneycrazee - awaiting room assignment - Bren, OH Paul, & DD Georgia (5)
magic123 - room 7570 - Margaret & DH Norman (grump1234)
Namsupak - room 8086 - Lauren, DH James & DD Lorelei (2)
middleofamerica - room 2094 & 2096 - Mindi, DH Matt, DS Logan (9), DD Kylie (7), & DD Ella (3)
Seraphine - room 6071 - Dawn, DH Steve, DS Calum (6) & DD Eilidh (pronounced AY-lee) (2)
Poohluv2u - room 7129 - Karen & DH Ed
birkner - room 7034 - Noel & DH John
Disneynut64 - awaiting room assignment - Cindy & BFF Pam

- -

As our sail date gets closer, we can decide exactly how we want to do this - or if we just want to "keep it loose." :goodvibes We may divide the list into smaller groups, but we'll wait til we're closer to the date to decide. Everyone will also have the option of participating in more than one group.

This is my first time organizing the FE, so please feel free to make suggestions. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone on the cruise! :rainbow:

***If you have a favorite color, goofieslonglostsis has asked that you PM her as she is trying to tailor her gifts to each person's preference. Please let me (PFlamingo) know the same, or if there is a color that you particularly dislike, as I am also trying to match gifts to preferences. Thanks!

*** Pinky166 (Claire) has requested that everyone participating in the FE Exchange provide their surnames to her so that she can customize her gifts. Thanks!

Ladies Palo High Tea​

*** UPDATE 14/5/11 - DCL won't let us book a group in advance, therefore if you want to join please make your own booking for High Tea at 3pm on 13th September, then notify me & I will get Palo's to group us all together once we are on the ship. ****

I am making a list of those interested in having a Ladies only High Tea at Palo, it will take place on a sea day (not yet decided which one). I am aware that it may not be possible to get the private dining room in Palo's but even so hopefully we can still have a large table in the dining room.

There will be a minimal charge to pay DCL - approx $5-10.

Please PM me (Pinky166) if you are interested in joining us.

Participants so far:

Claire (Pinky166)
Mary (Tod&copper)
Sarah (Binkytell)
Julie (Julie2009)
Sue (sue l)
Vickie (sue l) DSister
Sue (Happyfeet)
Jacqueline (goofieslonglostsis)
Mel (Melonz)
Amanda (Fontabel)
Mary (m_kasch)
Margaret (Magic123)
Nickole (Nick262)
Pat (PFlamingo)
Julia (Juliasuzanne)
Nancy (jadragnfly)
Dawn (Seraphine)
Liesbeth (Liesbeth1012)
Karen (Pixie Dust for me!)

Scrapbooking Exchange

*** Closing date to sign up for this exchange is 31st July 2011 ***

If you would like to join in the scrapbooking exchange, please PM me, Pinky166 (Claire) with your info and room number.

The idea of the scrapbook exchange is to give your fellow exchangers some Disney/cruise scrapbooking embellishments for use in your scrapbooks after you return home!

You don't have to spend a lot or any money towards this exchange.
The gift(s) can be homemade, already in your scrapbooking inventory, or purchased.
Some ideas include page borders, journaling boxes, photo frames, titles for pages, and small embellishments.
Your gift(s) can have a theme related to something you do on the ship (games, dining, pirating, etc.), our ports-of-call, cruising in general, Disney, or whatever else comes to mind.

You will need to deliver the exchange to the relevant Fish Extenders whenever is convenient for you. A list will be supplied at the cut off date (to be confirmed nearer the cruise). If you have any questions or want to sign up please contact Pinky166 (Claire)

Participants so far:

Pinky166 = Claire, #6507
Birkner = Noel, #7034
Dgentrysim = Deb, #TBC
LindaBabe = Linda #5020
LovingtheMouse = Caroline #5020
Namsupak = Lauren, #8086
Pixie dust for me! = Karen, #7631
GoofPrincess = Sandy, #TBC

Room changes/Upgrades once onboard!

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are lucky enough to get an upgrade / change of stateroom and are taking part in any of the special events, such as the Fish Extender, Secret Mickey, Candy Swap, Scrapbook exchange etc then you will need to notify everyone of your new room number as soon as possible. Therefore I will put a whiteboard on my stateroom door 6507 as soon as we can access the rooms after boarding, please make your way there asap & leave a message stating your DIS name, old room number & new room number.

Anyone distributing gifts/exchange presents should swing by & check the board before delivering gifts to check on any room changes. I will also have a few spare printed FE lists in my FE just incase anyone forgets to bring a copy with them.

In the unlikely event that I get a room upgrade, I will put my white board on one of my neighbours doors (probably Mary, Tod&Copper #6511,) as there are several of us in that area of the ship. (I'll clearly mark the whiteboard as room change info so you know it is the right one & not someone's general message board).

Champagne Girls!!

Would you like to join the Champagne Girls? I am arranging a girly meet on one of the Sea days (Proposed date - 17th Sept, to be confirmed) where we will dress in pink!!! Tiara's & Feather Boa's optional but highly recommended, and its a good excuse to chat and drink Champagne!! (not essential). :banana:

It is too early to arrange with DCL at the moment, so I currently don't have any information on venue or if a charge will be payable to DCL. I am hoping we can bring our own bottle but that may not be possible. Details to follow as we get closer to the cruise.

If you would like to join us then please PM me, Pinky166 (Claire):

Participants so far:

Claire (Pinky166)
Noel (Birkner)
Michelle (Squitty)
Laura (Goofy Adpi)
Lisa (njmom23grls)
Leanne (3canadianslovedisney)
Dorothy (3canadianslovedisney’s Mom)
Pat (Pflamingo)
Mary (Tod&Copper)
Sarah (TotallyAngelic)
Deb (Dgentrysim)
Crystal (Disneyfan_sd) and friends Merill & Cris
Peggy (Ga-yaya)
Angie, Amanda & Jessica (Angiekaye)
Julie (Julie2009)
Lynne (Auntlynne)
Sarah (Binkytell)
Mel (Melonz)
Carole (CaroleRWO)
Abby (Steamboat Will's friend)
Mary (m_kasch)
Sue (sue l)
Vickie (sue l) DSister
Margaret (Magic123)
Nancy (jadragnfly)
Judi Tanner (missjudit)
Dawn (Seraphine)
Bren (Dizneycrazee)

Gibraltar Dolphin Excursion

The link for the tour is Here:

http://www.gibraltarinfo.gi/gibraltar-dolphins.aspx

We are hoping to do the tour at 10:15am. The trip takes approximately 90 mins so we would have plenty of time to take other trips in Gibraltar and of course visit Morrissons !!!!
Cost would be £15 per person. Send me a PM if you are interested in this trip.

Names so far:

Sarah ( totallyangelic)
Tony (totallyangelic)
Claire ( Pinky166 )
Lee ( Pinky166 )
Mary (copper&tod)
Stevie (stephenkay)
Sue (susie2)
John (susie2)
Carole ( CaroleRWO)
Mike (CaroleRWO )
Jenny (CaroleRWO )
Trent (disneyfan SD)
Crystal (disneyfan SD)
Curt (mandygirl)
Mandy (mandygirl)
Sarah – child (mandygirl)
infant (mandygirl)
Pat (pflamingo)
Dennis (pflamingo)
Margaret (grumpy1234)
Norman (grumpy1234)
Warren (steamboatwill)
Abby (steamboatwill)
Julie (julie2009)
Michelle (squitty)
Neil (squitty)
Dan ( cliffy97)
Bruce (cliffy97)
Sarah (binkytell)
Sarah's daughter (binkytell)
Mary (m_kasch)
Colin ( col1)
Yvonne ( col1)
Nicole (col1)
Ryan. (col1)
Rita (eblong)
Bruce (eblong)
Julia (JuliaSuzanne)
Lauren (Namsupak)
James (Namsupak)
Lorelei (Namsupak DD - aged 2)
Karen (Karentan)
Gary ( Karentan)

Hard Rock Cafe Pre Cruise Get-together in Barcelona

Some of us are hoping to meet up for drinks / a meal the evening of Friday 9th September at the Hard Rock Cafe on Placa Catalunya.

http://www.hardrock.com/locations/cafes3/cafe.aspx?LocationID=41&MIBEnumID=3

Drinks at 6:30 pm, and those who want can eat there afterwards.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

Names so far:

Sarah and Tony (totallyangelic)
Claire and Lee (Pinky166)
Jeremy and Chris (Chris&Jeremy)
Lynne (AuntLynne)
Mary (m_kasch)
Dennis and Pat

Tortola Excursion to Jost VanDyke (Beach Day and Snorkeling)

DCL Magic is in port Wednesday 21st Tortola, British Virgin Islands - ashore 7:30 a.m, aboard 3:45 p.m.
Excursion is from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.

:boat: Mandy is organizing a private day sail on a power catamaran to Jost VanDyke with Tortola Charters from 8:30-2:30. It includes free snorkel gear to all guests and a guided tour of the reef at White Bay (they are preferred customers of the Soggy Dollar Bar and receive free use of all of their facilities including chairs and hammocks). Lunch is on your own, and meeting location is right where the Magic docks in Tortola. Tortola Charters is the official excursion company for Norwegian Cruise Lines. :boat:

http://tortolacharters.com/

Pricing:
$50 (ages 12+), $40 (ages 3-11), Free (under 3 years)
Comparable DCL Excursion: "Jost VanDyke Beach Day" ($105 for adults, $75 for kids)
Payment is in US Dollars (cash) or Traveler's Checks at the dock, directly to the catamaran company.

Here is a video of the area to put you in the island mood!! :beach:

If you are interested in this tour please PM MandyGirl (Mandy), as we must have 40 paying passengers with a maximum of 64 grand total on the two catamarans (one is power, one is sail at this time - may change closer to sail date - originally it was just one power catamaran)

As of March 24, we have reached capacity of our original 50 for one catamaran! :teacher: However, Mandy is keeping a "standby list" should someone cancel. There is also a possibility the catamaran company will be purchasing a new power catamaran with a larger capacity. Mandy is keeping in touch with them for updates and will update here. Should YOU have a change, please please please contact Mandy ASAP so we can clear standby passengers for this excursion!!

Definitely: :flower1:
Name- Adults- Children(ages3-11) - Infants(under 3 free)
auntlynne 1 0 0
binkytell 2 1 1
Birkner 2 0 0
Chirpee 2 0 0
Dgentrysim 2 0 0
DISNEYFAN_SD 2 0 0
Fontabel 2 0 0
GA-yaya 2 0 0
Goofy Adpi 1 0 0
jjb52 2 0 0
Julie2009 1 0 0
Just love Eeyore 2 1 0
KiwiMatt 2 1 0
LindaBabe 3 0 0
MandyGirl 2 1 1
melonz 3 1 0
PFlamingo 2 0 0
Pinky166 2 0 0
Pixie Dust for Me! 2 0 0
Tod&Copper 2 0 0
TotallyAngelic 2 0 0
we're aliens 2 0 0

Added 5/23 with new maximum capacity of 64 (grand total we can have on both catamarans combined)
Grumpy1234 (2 adults)
col1 (4 adults)
m_kasch (1 adult)
Chris&Jeremy (2 adults)
squitty (2 adults)
susie2 (2 adults):

63 total listed as of 5/23

Update May 23:
I emailed Tortola Charters our updated count and that we have a waiting list... and this is their reply today -- we will have two catamarans:

Hi Mandy,

Thanks for the update - right now I have room for 64 guests - so lets confirm your entire group

Bill

Pajama Breakfast​

Mandy is organizing a PJ breakfast on Sunday the 18th September (a sea day) at 10am, at Lumieres. If you would like to join in, please PM MandyGirl (Mandy).
There is no cost involved for the breakfast, and there are no set times for breakfasts on DCL, so your evening dining rotation does not affect participation in this event at all. We will be meeting outside Lumieres at approx 9:50 a.m. for a group photo prior to the breakfast.

Please note:
If you had previously PM'd hayley (the previous organiser), please re-PM Mandy so we can get an updated list of who's still interested.

Current list:
Screenname - Count
3canadianslovedisney 5
goofieslonglostsis 1
MandyGirl 4
binkytell 4
squitty 2
Tod&Copper 2
Goofy Adpi 1
melonz 4
Julie2009 1
m_kasch 1
Birkner 2
Seraphine 4
Pflamingo 2

Here's a list of the hotels people are using and also a list of when everyone arrives. Please PM me if you want to be added to the list.

Updated 5/23/11

Acta Atrium Palace:
Grandmaz- Marilyn 9/8

AC Diplomatic:
Chris&Jeremy- 9/9
DisneyFanSD- 9/9
Drewmer- Drew and Merrill (mlandgrebe) 9/9

Hesperia Ramblas:
Dgentrysim- Deb 9/9

Hilton Diagonal Mar:
GA-yaya- 9/7
Auntlynne- Lynne 9/8
csgraves- Connie and Dan 9/9

Hotel Barcelona Universal:
MandyGirl
PFlamingo- Pat 9/8

Hotel Denit:
Pinky166- Claire
TotallyAngelic- Sarah

Hotel Para-lel:
LindaBabe – Linda 9/7
MomE – Eilean 9/7
LovingtheMouse – Caroline 9/7

Hotel Pratik Rambla:
Chirpee- Lorraine and Paul 9/8
caroleRWO- Carole, Mike, Jenny 9/9
m_Kasch- Mary 9/8

Novotel Barcelona:
Melonz- Mel
3canadianslovedisney- Leanne 9/9

Renaissance Barcelona Airport Hotel:
Just Love Eeyore- Christina 9/9
Nick262- Nickole 9/9
Squitty- Michelle 9/9
Susie2- Susie

Arriving 9/10 (Day we board the ship!:woohoo:):
Cliffy 97- Dan and Bruce, arrive 9:30 and willing to share cab
Tod&Copper- Stevie and Mary, arrive 10:10 and willing to share taxi

Information on Potential Madeira Tours
Here is a link to the tour we did last year.
Madeira Tour
Some of those who took the tour last year have expressed an interest in doing another tour.

Below in red is the emailed itinerary that Eusébia of Daniel Taxis who was our previous tour guide suggested for the East tour:

I think maybe you and everybody else who took last year’s tour, will like to do the East tour this time. It takes about 6.5 to 7h and, as you already have 30 persons, we’ll charge 25 EUR per person. Last year we charged 30 EUR per person, because we added Monte to the West tour, otherwise it would also have been 25 EUR.

Our East tour itinerary is as follows:

· Camacha
· Poiso
· Pico do Areeiro
· Ribeiro Frio
· Faial
· Santana
· Porto da Cruz
· Machico
· Santa Cruz
· Back to Funchal

As always, we’re open to any changes to this itinerary, in case anybody has any other preferences.

Our Port’s website says Disney Magic arrives at 7:30am and leaves at 9:30pm. As it leaves so late, some people will probably choose to stay in Funchal after the tour, but others may prefer to be taken to the cruise ship straight away, one way or the other will be quite fine with us.

Lanyards and pins

Because so many people have asked about lanyards and pins what did they look like last year, I decided to post a picture. Our lanyards this year will be wider and have a water resistant pouch.

I will be making up lanyards with waterproof holders for all the DIS members who PM me. The lanyards and badge holders will look like the ones below though I have not decided in what color.

Lanyards
Badge Holders

Here is what last years lanyards and pins (on the card) looked like:
wbtalanyard.jpg

wbtapin.jpg

PinCardTop.png

PinCardBottom-1-1.png

Allright-----WHO WANTS A LANYARD????
OK folks----

Let the sign-ups for lanyards BEGIN!!!

If you would like a FREE custom lanyard and name badge for this cruise (a great way to meet new people, identify other DIS friends, and put faces and names with screen-names), then I need you to EMAIL ME YOUR INFORMATION!!

Here is the information that I need:
DISBoards screenname: I need the DISBoard name(s) spelled and capitalized the way you want it on your name badge. For many/most groups, there will probably be only one DIS name for a group of people---that is totally fine. If there ARE multiple different DIS names/users in a group, let me know all of them but ALSO be sure to link the correct DIS name with the correct person.
First Name: Please give us the first name of EVERYONE in your party who would like a lanyard the way you want it to appear on the name badge. (Please remember that spelling counts!! The name you give here is what your name badge will say....so make sure it's correct!) Also---and this is important---make sure that the FIRST name you send is the primary DIS user under the screenname you send!
Stateroom #: Why do I need your room #? To get your lanyard to you! I will try to give out all the lanyards in the port or at a meet onboard during embarkation...but if I miss you, I need your room # so that I can deliver them to you later. If you are GTY, that's fine, just say so. There will be plenty of time later to fill in room #'s or to make changes if people switch rooms.

So please put all the above information into an email and send it to this address: dcl.wbta.2011@gmail.com

(Please note, I will not necessarily be replying individually to every person confirming receipt of their request for lanyards....HOWEVER, once I get requests rolling in I will be putting them into a spreadsheet on our website that I will link through google docs and people can view (but NOT edit) so you can look for yourself there to make sure you are listed and that all your information is correct...and then email me with any changes obviously).

Let the lanyard fun begin!!!

Got a sweet tooth? Than this posting is made for you! Read all about the WBTA candyswap.

You've read it right; we'll be having a candy swap on our cruise. What it is? It is as simple and yummy as the title says; participants exchange candy amongst eachother. For instance country/state/village specific candy to introduce your fellow cruisers to the best thing you've got back home. Nothing really specific from your neck of the woods, are multiple participants from your region etc? Don't worry! It's a cruise, so nothing is a must. Just bring along something you find overly yummy and know others will appreciate.

Want to sign up? Sent me a PM with all the info needed. For instance the participants in your group, ages, possible allergies, likes and dislikes, stateroomnumbers/TBD and anything else you'ld want to add.

How does it work? I'm collecting the info about participants at the moment. As we get closer to sailingdate, I'll sent participants more info through PM, making sure it remains fun and all can participate. Don't sweat the luggage weight too much, most will have to deal with (very) limited room. I'll keep the groups small enough, splitting up into multiple groups so bagage space does not have to be the reason you can not participate. If multiples groups are needed, you can sign up for multiple if desired (automatically added to just one group).

How much time does it take up and the $$ involved? You decide! Deliver the candy into participants FE with a note saying it's from you and perhaps some info about it. You decide when you deliver, you can set the budget. Justhave fun with it. No FE? Guest services is the place to leave your treat and make sure your fellow participants will not get their candy "magically disappear". Allthough...... you might have to bribe some CM's with candy to make sure? ;)

Participants so far;

Pflamingo; Pat & Dennis
Squitty; Michelle & Neil
Pinky166; Claire & Lee
3canadianslovedisney
JustloveEeyore; Christina, Rasmus and DS Thomas
Binkytell; Sarah, Brian and DD Beth
Jessicasmom; Pat, Larry and Jessica
Melonz; Melanie, Paris, Chanelle and Ethan
Kthomas618; Kathy and Tom
Goofieslonglostsis; Jacqueline

So far no foodallergies (have seen many simular or alike allergies on other fronts :rolleyes1:lmao:), one dislike for peanuts.

Mojitos & Mixology tasting's

If you want to sign up to any of the activities that various people are arranging then you must contact whoever is organising that particular event here on the DIS, confirming you want to take part on the registration of Noel & Johns website will NOT get you added to the official list.

Contact has been made with DCL regarding the above tastings.
We're hoping to arrange them for any of days that we are at sea...15th, 16th, 17th, 18th or 19th September. Dates have NOT been confirmed yet.

What is the Mixology tasting?
Sarah explains it, complete with photo's Here

What is the Mojito tasting?
I have linked back to a previous WBTA's cruisers trip report, who gives some detail in her trip report, the beginning of this page Here

Email received:
Hi Michelle,

We would be glad to do that for you within 30 days of sailing.
The minimum is 25 guests the max is 50.
The price is $20 pp.
We will need all the names of those attending and they will be charged whether they show or not.

Take care

Please note that payment for these tastings will be charged to your room. I will need your name and cabin/stateroom number once we get the dates. I will contact those that are on the list when we have the ok.
Also note that you will be charged whether you attend the tastings or not.

Please note that the lists below will be updated weekly. If you have PM'd me, you will be added to the master list on my pc.

Who's going?
We've reached 50 on the Mixology tasting!! I am closing the Mixology, if anybody wants to organize another group then please do. Or if anyone would like to go on a waitlist incase someone drops out then please PM me.

Mixology List updated 29/05/11
mix.jpg

Mojito List updated 29/05/11
Still a couple of places left for the Mojito tasting.
moj.jpg

If you are interested in the Mojiot tasting and have not PM'd me, please do we've plenty of time, but can I ask all interested PM before 31st July 2011. Thanks.

bacardi_mojito_cocktails.jpg

Linked Dining!
Do you want to sit with other Dis'ers at Dinner? Well if you do let me know the following via PM:

Booking Number
Main Name on Booking (Real Name)
Main or Late
Special Requests

Closer to the date (Early August) I will group us in groups of 5 reservations or less and let DCL know that we are all travelling as a group.

I know some of you are worried that you may not be able to make other bookingz before the cruise, so I will do my best to ensure that we are all setup correctly.

Can wait to see all of you on the cruise.

I will start posting who has requested what seating a we get closer.

New Cruiser

Aurore - Aurore and DH Iestyn will be celebrating 3rd anniversary - she is from Antibes on the French Riviera. First cruise ever!

Confirming Cruise Status

christannj is definitely sailing (with DH and 2 kids)

Nice to hear from
Rasmus Faber - DH of Just love Eeyore

::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

Cruise Information

Ladies' Tea

LADIES PALO HIGH TEA UPDATE

Well I am disappointed to say that it looks as though DCL are not going to pay ball with us. :sad2: I emailed them to see what/when/how to arrange it and this is the response that just came back.....

Hi Claire,

Since we cannot use the private room in Palo for high tea, we are unable to offer a group option for you. You certainly can check once on the ship to see if they have they can accommodate you.

Sorry we couldn’t be of more help.

I think that it will be too difficult to try to organise this when we are actually on the ship as everyone will have different availability.

Very Frustrating!

THE U.S. MILITARY DISCOUNT IS OUT FOR THE WBTA!!!!!

Payment Due Reminder number 7 has just arrived.
Reminder number 8 from Dreams just arrived!

On Tuesday, it was 4 months until cruise

Formal Nights/Special Nights

And what kind of special nights could we expect ?
Is there a Pirates In the Carribean Party during this cruise ?

Yes, we had a Pirates party once we reached the Caribbean. There was also a Villains night, so get your purple and black gear on or dress up as a villain. We will have to see if the Med cruises have this though before we plan. There was also a Prince and Princess night and quite a few ladies really dressed up to the nines. Tiaras everywhere.

I've just been speaking to DCL so asked while I was on. She couldn't give me the menu/dining themes for the evening yet, but she did confirm the undernoted:-

Night 2 - Formal Night (Sea Day)
Night 6 - Theme Night TBC (Sea Day)
Night 7 - Formal Night (Sea Day)
Night 11 - Pirate Night (St Maarten)
Night 13 - Semi-Formal (Sea Day)

From memory, I think that's the same as last year

Riverdance crew - Dancing on Deck 6

:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

"it started with people on deck five moaning that deck sixers better keep the noise down, so we decided to have a riverdance party to teach them to moan about us!"

Stateroom shuffle - don't write down anyone's stateroom # in ink just yet - they are shifting as they get better deals

Europeans: Print out your ESTA and bring it WITH you.

::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

Personal News

Well we had a good day in London yesterday. We were there in 2 and a half hours and Taryn spent a long 3 hours in the American Embassy where she was sorting out her visa for the WDW college programme.

DSCF1864.jpg

There were lots of metropolitan police outside with machine guns but other than that I didn't notice any heightened security.

After the embassy we walked through Hyde Park which was very green:

DSCF1866.jpg

DSCF1869.jpg

I couldn't get over how tame the squirrels were:

DSCF1901.jpg

DSCF1871.jpg

DSCF1893.jpg

We went to the Hummingbird Bakery for divine cupcakes

DSCF1884.jpg

and then popped into the Victoria and Albert Museum where we saw this:

DSCF1885.jpg

Look familiar anyone ???????

...Also some good news ....DD's visa arrived today ... she has been cleared to work in USA for 3 months

Hummingbird Bakery in London

Hummingbird Bakery ......

DSCF1881.jpg

Do I need to say anything else :cloud9::cloud9:

They have a few shops in London ...

http://hummingbirdbakery.com

"And since we're talking about amazing cupcakes, I'd like to nominate Cake Love. They're located in DC and the mid-altantic area. They were handsdown the best cupcake I've ever had. The owner, Warren Brown, has a show on the Food Network (Sugar Rush). When I was in DC I walked a mile in the (light) rain to make sure the cupcakes didn't get jostled on the metro. IT WAS SO WORTH IT!!!"

Dale Chihuly

That's right Mandy, the artist's name is Dale Chihuly he created the glass chandeliers in the lobby on both the Wonder & Magic as well as the ceiling in the Bellagio and many more!

Check out this huge list of where his work is displayed around the world. http://www.chihuly.com/places-public-installations.aspx

He has 3 pieces at Atlantis, Nassau......

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1438.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

There's a Chihuly exhibition at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston, this summer, if anyone lives in that area. Last year we visited one in Columbus, Ohio, but i'm not sure that one is still there.

Sandy & Tony goofprincess had a delightful weekend trip to DL.

Dan cliffy97 off for the Grecian Splendour (Italy, Greece, Croatia + 3 days in Rome before) Cruise with Costa

Lauren Namsupak is finalizing her masters thesis in endodontics

Free dining at WDW this fall available if you check in by Sep 24 (the day we get off the boat)

PFlamingo - "We have two Military Salute 4-day Park Hopper tickets that have to be used before Oct 1, and we're not going to be able to use them. They are an excellent deal, but the only catch is, one of us has to be there to "activate" the tickets. There are no rules about being "family" (though I'm sure we're distant cousins) - friends are allowed to use these (and we're now friends here!). Dennis and I were thinking about going to one of the parks on the Saturday when we get back from the cruise, using the other tickets we bought, so we could work out the activation thing.

If anyone would be interested in taking these off our hands, PM me and we can work out the details."

Pets
Squitty's dogs:
dogscopy.jpg

I couldn't resist putting them in this post so I could see them - auntlynne

"Now that we have the Military rate, I started working out all the other bits and pieces. I thought this was funny. To board our 5 dogs for the 20 days we'll be gone is only $300 less than our total cruise fare. Okay, they don't have to tip their dinner servers and room attendants, so I guess that counts, too. I sure hope they enjoy their vacation!"

Book Exchange

message from Jane (we're aliens), the organiser of the 2011 WBTA book swap

During our first Disney cruise last year, I was befuddled enough to think that I would have plenty of time to read all sorts of great books.
How wrong can you be? A quick look at the daily Navigator revealed that if I got up early enough, I might just have time to get in the odd paragraph before rushing off to some fabulous meal, fun event or mind-expanding seminar.

However, for those of you determined to spend at least some time relaxing, I will be happy to run the Book Bag scheme which was organised so successfully on the last WBTA by Paula Sillars from New Zealand.
Books are on sale in the Treasure Ketch, and The Cove has a cupboard full of very variable offerings for people to borrow, which last time were pretty grim at the start of the cruise but did improve as the voyage got under way.

The idea is that a large bag will be hung on handrail outside our stateroom – 7120 – available for anyone to borrow and, of course, donate books.

If you have a special favourite you are willing to part with, that would be much appreciated to get the Bag going.
I will be bringing my World Book Night choice, One Day by David Nicholls, which was one of 48 free copies I had to distribute as part of a million-book nationwide giveaway.
Looking forward to seeing you all – Happy reading!

place saver for any additional info we might need to add later

P Flamingo and Pinky 166, Eilean doesn't have suffiecient posts to pm - but our room number is 5020 not 5010.

Thanks
Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter