So what did your flight cost?-

Amazing! When did you book that? We are also flying out from Buffalo that day. We booked early October and paid $204 down.

I booked them in August. But just went on this morning and extended my trip by 3 days. We are now leaving on Dec 17th at $115. I couldn't beat it.
Hopefully this ugly weather gets out of it's system before we need to go.

I booked them in August. But just went on this morning and extended my trip by 3 days. We are now leaving on Dec 17th at $115. I couldn't beat it.
Hopefully this ugly weather gets out of it's system before we need to go.

Good for you! :cool1:
If I could get time off work, I would take that Wed. or Thurs. flight too.

I can't believe these awesome prices that you all are getting! Very Jealous! I am on Vancouver Island, BC and we opted for flying out of Seattle. To fly out of Victoria the prices were about $2400 for myself, DH and DD (9) and we wouldn't arrive until 10 PM (leaving at 6 AM). We booked with Delta, leaving Seattle and it came to $1400 CND. I think that it was about $400 each but we also get there at 4 PM. We do have to factor in the ferry costs, parking and hotel but it still came out cheaper. Is there anyone else out there from Vancouver Island? Where do you fly out of?

We got $113 from Buf to MCO on Dec 20th return Dec 27th.

I have to ask....are you flying at an strange hour? I am seeing these amazing prices and would love to know who you got these prices??? We paid $560 per person from Toronto and when we looked at the option to drive to Buffalo and fly out of there instead, the savings wasn't significant. Would LOVE to return to Disney but we'd need to get better price on our fight.

I have to ask....are you flying at an strange hour? I am seeing these amazing prices and would love to know who you got these prices??? We paid $560 per person from Toronto and when we looked at the option to drive to Buffalo and fly out of there instead, the savings wasn't significant. Would LOVE to return to Disney but we'd need to get better price on our fight.

We always fly from Buffalo on SW and often get these prices. It's usually a direct flight down and we try to take the 8am flight down and the latest flight back. We always fly down in August and get similar prices down and back, but we are flexible with our travel days.

Hi there, I got $113 when I booked in August. Non stop at 9:35 am and return is at 8:15 pm. Prices are still good if you can fly the 17th or 18th and back 26th or 27th. I actually changed my flights down to the 16th for a few extra days. It was $112.00

We always fly from Buffalo on SW and often get these prices. It's usually a direct flight down and we try to take the 8am flight down and the latest flight back. We always fly down in August and get similar prices down and back, but we are flexible with our travel days.

So the trick is to travel end of August for those kind of prices? From time off work/school, that time works well since it standard vacation time at work (and I always take the last week off with the kids) and our kids don't return to school until September as we're in Canada. I've heard that the crowds are lower as well since I think the kids in the States do return last week. So would definitely consider going this time on a future trip. Main concern/downside is weather (hot and rain)

So the trick is to travel end of August for those kind of prices? From time off work/school, that time works well since it standard vacation time at work (and I always take the last week off with the kids) and our kids don't return to school until September as we're in Canada. I've heard that the crowds are lower as well since I think the kids in the States do return last week. So would definitely consider going this time on a future trip. Main concern/downside is weather (hot and rain)

We've done end of August several times. Weather will be HOT, but it's manageable and there are usually discounts available (sometimes free dining, or room only).
As far as the flights, you want to be looking at Southwest and Jetblue the day their schedules open (and they might be already.. I haven't looked for this year). Sometimes flights will be cheapest the second they open, or over the following days. They will go up as time goes on. We've never paid more than $1300 return for our family of four out of Buffalo. You may want to try weekdays rather than weekends as they can be cheaper, and you definitely want to be ready to buy when you see a price you can live with.

We've done end of August several times. Weather will be HOT, but it's manageable and there are usually discounts available (sometimes free dining, or room only).
As far as the flights, you want to be looking at Southwest and Jetblue the day their schedules open (and they might be already.. I haven't looked for this year). Sometimes flights will be cheapest the second they open, or over the following days. They will go up as time goes on. We've never paid more than $1300 return for our family of four out of Buffalo. You may want to try weekdays rather than weekends as they can be cheaper, and you definitely want to be ready to buy when you see a price you can live with.

One thing I've heard for hot weather...and I can understand from being there once, is that a lot of the queues are indoors and so hopefully you're shaded better. Also, then I wouldn't mind getting wet on rides such as Pirates of Caribbean and others. ;) And I suppose the water parks would be a good one to visit.

Thank you so much for the tip. I couldn't see us returning next summer anyways (I'd for sure want the 6 month notice for ADRs and FP planning)...maybe the following in 2016? So good to know in advance what to look for. We travelled American Airlines so will look at Southwest and JetBlue.

You mention to check when their schedules open. Do you remember how much in advance this would be (e.g. so for August travel)?

If you watch on the Transportation board usually there is a thread just before the new dates open. I know if you look under travel tools on Southwest it will tell you when the next set of dates is set to open. If you sign up for their email on the websites you often get an email when dates are about to open as well. I am thinking the last time we bought tickets for late August that our dates opened in March?

So the trick is to travel end of August for those kind of prices?

I think you can get those prices any month of the year.....not necessarily just August. Of course, you probably will have trouble getting them March break, Christmas etc.... But if you're willing/able to get away a few days before holiday crowds hit, then there are generally good prices out of Buffalo. As greenclan mentioned, cheap flights are still available to Orlando a week before Christmas.

You mention to check when their schedules open. Do you remember how much in advance this would be (e.g. so for August travel)?

On Dec. 17, SW flights will be available to book up to Aug. 7. They usually are available to book for the rest of August some time in Feb. or early March.

Jet Blue released their flights BUF - MCO for August 2015 a couple of weeks ago. I am travelling August 5 - 16 but so far the best price for a direct, non-stop flight with Jet Blue is around $420 per person.

I have an alert set up with Sky Scanner to monitor the costs to see whats happening daily and then I also check South West regularly too. They are soon due to release flights up to Aug 7 but I need to have a full price with return being Aug 16.

Not sure when the other airlines release their routes but hope it will be soon. I have everything else organised I just have the flights to sort out!:surfweb:

We just cruised out of Miami. Flights Oct 30 (Thurs) return Nov 5 (wed). Flew Delta out of Buffalo into Miami for $283 each

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter