Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DD was a CM for the past 10 years and has many CM friends throughout the Disney Parks.
This was posted on her Facebook feed by DL CM, S. Daffron:

I have been anticipating today, all week. It wasn't the furlough I was dreading. Today was my last walk of the park. I have not had to really think about it because I was working. I anticipated the solemn feeling of an empty park. Walking through kitchens that were once alive with excitement, now dark and quiet. No cast, no guests..no energy. Boy was I wrong. When I woke up today, that had all disappeared. My outlook flipped upside down. I walked the park in anticipation of something I never imagined being a part of, The Opening Day of Disneyland.

I spent the day imagining the triumphant return of the cast. We are all scattered right now, but that energy, that interaction with a guest that creates the Magic, is still alive and well. Eventually we will busy putting all the finishing touches on the park as we get ready to invite our guests back. I get goosebumps just thinking about lining Main Street and the roar from the cast as the gates open and the smiling faces make there way to the Castle.

We will be welcoming back Annual Passholders, friends from far and near and introducing some guests to the Magic for the very first time. I am sure some things will have to be different, but the glimmer in our eyes, the joy in our smiles and the sense of awe and excitement from our guests will be just as genuine.

As we wait, as we really have no idea of timelines, I want to challenge my fellow cast members to pause and remember the events and interactions that make what we do, day in and day out, different than any job in the world. The circumstances of today do not define us. Continue to make Magic with those in your immediate circles, reach out to cast and tell stories that inspire and remember that this will end. I am grateful for you all, whether or not we have even met. If you have earned your ears that makes us family. I look forward to the day we are back doing what we do best. Until that day, be safe my friends.

"See you all real soon!"91E57BCE-49BF-479E-9841-A16CB3926780.jpeg

Just called to get a partial refund on our Flex Passes. Took less than 5 minutes and the cast member was super nice and knew what she was doing.

So they are refunding paid in full APs now? Is that just because yours expired during the closure time? Is it a straightforward prorate and does it include maxpass? Thank you so much for the update, glad to hear the process is quick!

So they are refunding paid in full APs now? Is that just because yours expired during the closure time? Is it a straightforward prorate and does it include maxpass? Thank you so much for the update, glad to hear the process is quick!

We live in Oregon and had paid in full flex pass with no maxpass that expire in November. She took our pass numbers and then put me on a short hold while she filled out the refund form (her words) She said that was all she needed at this point since no one knows when the parks will open at this point. Our refund will be determined when that is known.

My DD was a CM for the past 10 years and has many CM friends throughout the Disney Parks.
This was posted on her Facebook feed by DL CM, S. Daffron:

I have been anticipating today, all week. It wasn't the furlough I was dreading. Today was my last walk of the park. I have not had to really think about it because I was working. I anticipated the solemn feeling of an empty park. Walking through kitchens that were once alive with excitement, now dark and quiet. No cast, no guests..no energy. Boy was I wrong. When I woke up today, that had all disappeared. My outlook flipped upside down. I walked the park in anticipation of something I never imagined being a part of, The Opening Day of Disneyland.

I spent the day imagining the triumphant return of the cast. We are all scattered right now, but that energy, that interaction with a guest that creates the Magic, is still alive and well. Eventually we will busy putting all the finishing touches on the park as we get ready to invite our guests back. I get goosebumps just thinking about lining Main Street and the roar from the cast as the gates open and the smiling faces make there way to the Castle.

We will be welcoming back Annual Passholders, friends from far and near and introducing some guests to the Magic for the very first time. I am sure some things will have to be different, but the glimmer in our eyes, the joy in our smiles and the sense of awe and excitement from our guests will be just as genuine.

As we wait, as we really have no idea of timelines, I want to challenge my fellow cast members to pause and remember the events and interactions that make what we do, day in and day out, different than any job in the world. The circumstances of today do not define us. Continue to make Magic with those in your immediate circles, reach out to cast and tell stories that inspire and remember that this will end. I am grateful for you all, whether or not we have even met. If you have earned your ears that makes us family. I look forward to the day we are back doing what we do best. Until that day, be safe my friends.

"See you all real soon!"View attachment 489184

Oh, my. This touched my heart. We were supposed to be at Disneyland celebrating the triplets turning 18, hubby turning 29+ for the umpteen time, and reading this made me cry because we don't know when or even if we will be back any time soon (after the parks are open again).
Stay safe everyone. Thank you for sharing.

Anyway, in an attempt to drive this train back on topic....

1) I really hope Soarin over CA is extended
2) For the love of all things Disney, I want the dang MSEP back.

Had planned on Tokyo Disney this summer (which has a version of the parade), but that’s a no-go :(

Yes please!!!!! Although I’d be even happier with PtN. Also get HM back running ASAP! Maybe after some of these strict social distancing measures are lifted in the next month or so Disneyland construction workers can get back to work to hopefully finish some of the refurbishments they haven’t completed yet.

Yes please!!!!! Although I’d be even happier with PtN. Also get HM back running ASAP! Maybe after some of these strict social distancing measures are lifted in the next month or so Disneyland construction workers can get back to work to hopefully finish some of the refurbishments they haven’t completed yet.

At the risk of sounding old...PtN is too loud for me, and the lights make me dizzy:crazy2:

it’s a good parade though, but I wear earplugs and look away sometimes

Disney (stock) Falls on Downgrades as Park Woes Offset Streaming Gains

Walt Disney was cut to neutral from buy-equivalent ratings at UBS and Credit Suisse, which said the company’s theme parks exposure to Covid-19 is now outweighing catalysts from its video-streaming foray. Shares fell 2.6% pre-market.

UBS analyst John Hodulik lowered his price target to $114 from $162, saying theme park “profitability will be impaired for a longer period of time given the lingering effects of the outbreak and now assume an opening date of Jan. 1 as our base case”.

*Well, that's an unwelcome headline on Monday morning. Important to note this analyst is not reporting "news" but rather using Jan 1st date to calculate earnings and a price target (i.e. "base case"). He shouldn't have official information because the company would have to report it if official. I'm going to choose not to agree with this one. :thumbsup2

Disney (stock) Falls on Downgrades as Park Woes Offset Streaming Gains

Walt Disney was cut to neutral from buy-equivalent ratings at UBS and Credit Suisse, which said the company’s theme parks exposure to Covid-19 is now outweighing catalysts from its video-streaming foray. Shares fell 2.6% pre-market.

UBS analyst John Hodulik lowered his price target to $114 from $162, saying theme park “profitability will be impaired for a longer period of time given the lingering effects of the outbreak and now assume an opening date of Jan. 1 as our base case”.

*Well, that's an unwelcome headline on Monday morning. Important to note this analyst is not reporting "news" but rather using Jan 1st date to calculate earnings and a price target (i.e. "base case"). He shouldn't have official information because the company would have to report it if official. I'm going to choose not to agree with this one. :thumbsup2
ROFL. Glad you got ahead of this though because you know someone might think that’s a real thing beyond a random date on a calendar!

We live in Oregon and had paid in full flex pass with no maxpass that expire in November. She took our pass numbers and then put me on a short hold while she filled out the refund form (her words) She said that was all she needed at this point since no one knows when the parks will open at this point. Our refund will be determined when that is known.
I’m confused... they’re only refunding you until the park opens again? I thought they were refunding whatever was left on your pass...

Construction is legal in CA. Disney’s budget is another matter.

Re: Villains Night Tickets, originally scheduled for 4/30/20
From this week's MP DLR Update (4/20-26/20):
Disney has postponed the Disneyland After Dark: Villains Nite event which was to have taken place on April 30, 2020. Disney says, "We are working on rescheduling options and hope to have more to share soon."
Visitors who had already purchased a ticket to the sold-out event will automatically receive a ticket for the rescheduled event once a date is selected. However, anyone who purchased a ticket and prefers a refund can call (714) 781-4636 to request one.

Also from this week's Update:
Disney has also postponed until Saturday, August 29 a Girl Scout Bridging event that was to take place at Disney California Adventure on Saturday, May 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter