Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Villains Night Tickets, originally scheduled for 4/30/20
From this week's MP DLR Update (4/20-26/20):
Disney has postponed the Disneyland After Dark: Villains Nite event which was to have taken place on April 30, 2020. Disney says, "We are working on rescheduling options and hope to have more to share soon."
Visitors who had already purchased a ticket to the sold-out event will automatically receive a ticket for the rescheduled event once a date is selected. However, anyone who purchased a ticket and prefers a refund can call (714) 781-4636 to request one.

Also from this week's Update:
Disney has also postponed until Saturday, August 29 a Girl Scout Bridging event that was to take place at Disney California Adventure on Saturday, May 9.

so judging from the update I’m going to assume that Disneyland more likely than not is probably going to open sometime in August hopefully

so judging from the update I’m going to assume that Disneyland more likely than not is probably going to open sometime in August hopefully
I don’t get that read at all. All I see is they expect to be open at the end of August. They are accepting reservations starting June 1 so therefore Disneyland expects to be open then. An event like above is something they want at a quiet time so the soonest quiet time they could plan it after June 1 is end of Aug. Schools are in, Halloween hasn’t started.

Re: Villains Night Tickets, originally scheduled for 4/30/20
From this week's MP DLR Update (4/20-26/20):
Disney has postponed the Disneyland After Dark: Villains Nite event which was to have taken place on April 30, 2020. Disney says, "We are working on rescheduling options and hope to have more to share soon."
Visitors who had already purchased a ticket to the sold-out event will automatically receive a ticket for the rescheduled event once a date is selected. However, anyone who purchased a ticket and prefers a refund can call (714) 781-4636 to request one.

I called earlier (after postponement was announced) and asked for a refund for the Villains Night tix because I don’t know that we will be able to go on whatever date they reschedule it on, and was flatly denied. Maybe they’ve changed the policy?

I called earlier (after postponement was announced) and asked for a refund for the Villains Night tix because I don’t know that we will be able to go on whatever date they reschedule it on, and was flatly denied. Maybe they’ve changed the policy?
On the Facebook group I'm on, the comments mention the same thing. People are denied the refund, but are told that the event is postponed.

It's odd. I will keep an eye on things and report back if anyone gets a refund, but so far people have been told since it's postponed they essentially won't get a refund. They are told to wait until the new date is announced.
Wow. That’s gutsy and shmucky of Disney but... sounds like it’s working for them and everyone is just letting Disney watch over their cash for them.

Because I’m in a stir the pot mood- WDW guests got/will get refunds on their cancelled events.

ETA: don’t mean that in a rub it in your face sort of way, just giving y’all ammo if you didn’t realize that

Last edited:
Wow. That’s gutsy and shmucky of Disney but... sounds like it’s working for them and everyone is just letting Disney watch over their cash for them.

Because I’m in a stir the pot mood- WDW guests got/will get refunds on their cancelled events.

ETA: don’t mean that in a rub it in your face sort of way, just giving y’all ammo if you didn’t realize that
I am not doing villains night, but I'm watching the situation b/c I do enjoy going to the Halloween party. I am hoping that still happens this year, but if the virus were to comeback and cause that to get cancelled or the parks close again, I am wondering if Disney would do refunds. You can't really postpone a Halloween party.

Not to sound stupid, but is filing a chargeback the same as disputing a charge? Just curious because I'm outside the time limit for Chase for disputing the charge for villains night, which like everyone else I was denied the refund for, but was wondering if chargeback was something differet I could try.

Not to sound stupid, but is filing a chargeback the same as disputing a charge? Just curious because I'm outside the time limit for Chase for disputing the charge for villains night, which like everyone else I was denied the refund for, but was wondering if chargeback was something differet I could try.
Dang! Too bad. Yes, dispute basically = chargeback. You dispute it and it leads to a chargeback.

I hope they offer you a refund when the new date comes out!!

edit: not a stupid q! :)

for goods and services, the time limit for Visa transactions is 120 days from the date you expected to receive the good/service, or were notified you weren’t getting it...so long as the original charge date was <540 days.

it’s how one disputes plane tickets purchased 4-6 months in advance (common)

absolutely ignore whatever Chase says because Visa and MC govern the rules for chargebacks.

that said, I would wait for Disney...they’re usually pretty equitable. If the proposal doesn’t work for you, file the chargeback as they changed the terms you agreed upon (delivery of service on X date)

MP is pretty conservative with their information and won't publish anything unless they get it from Disney. So I would assume that they got the phone number and refund information from someone at Disney and got the okay to publish it. If Disney is waiting for an official rescheduled date before they can start issuing refunds, then wait for that date to be published, and call that number!
In the meantime, I agree with the poster below.

for goods and services, the time limit for Visa transactions is 120 days from the date you expected to receive the good/service, or were notified you weren’t getting it...so long as the original charge date was <540 days.

absolutely ignore whatever Chase says because Visa and MC govern the rules for chargebacks.

that said, I would wait for Disney...they’re usually pretty equitable. If the proposal doesn’t work for you, file the chargeback as they changed the terms you agreed upon (delivery of service on X date)

Oh, interesting! Thank you for the info, I had no idea. I'm glad to at least have some method of recourse if they still don't refund once the new date is announced. I want to be optimistic that I won't be totally SOL, but we'll see...it's going to be tough to get there from New York with an already crowded company PTO calendar for the second half of the year. Fingers crossed!

Oh, interesting! Thank you for the info, I had no idea. I'm glad to at least have some method of recourse if they still don't refund once the new date is announced. I want to be optimistic that I won't be totally SOL, but we'll see...it's going to be tough to get there from New York with an already crowded company PTO calendar for the second half of the year. Fingers crossed!
Googling Chase says you have 60 days from the charge to dispute but I just flied a dispute (on a totally separate issue) on a charge from the first week of Feb.

Called this morning at 8:20 to extend my Flex Pass. Had to redial several times before I got through. Waited on hold for about 22 minutes, about double what the automated voice said it would be. It took maybe 4 minutes to handle once the cast member answered, so about 25 minutes start to finish.

Called this morning at 8:20 to extend my Flex Pass. Had to redial several times before I got through. Waited on hold for about 22 minutes, about double what the automated voice said it would be. It took maybe 4 minutes to handle once the cast member answered, so about 25 minutes start to finish.
Do we have to call to extend it, or will it happen automatically? Ours expire mid-August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter