Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Googling Chase says you have 60 days from the charge to dispute but I just flied a dispute (on a totally separate issue) on a charge from the first week of Feb.

See my above response re: disputes, you have much, much longer than 60 days (in most cases) to file a dispute. The federal law governing CC disputes is 60 days, but Visa and Mastercard have much more expansive chargeback rules in place for transactions on their network regardless of bank (up to 540 days from the date of charge, so long as you are within 120 days of the expected "delivery" date).

So if my Flex AP is supposed to expire on May 25th but I didn’t get to use it the last two months because of the closure, is my extension for two months whenever the parks open back up or is the extension for however long the park was closed, even if my AP was expired for part of that time? The latter doesn’t seem to make sense but that is how the communications read.

My mom and i were there march 8-12th, just before t,hey closed. It was such a wonderul trip, people were great, we had the best character meet and greet with anna and elsa.whch had photopass that day, Im still buying photos.We are both immuno compromised, I have diabetes but pretty well controlled. My mom has lung disease and is on oxygen, Even still we look forward to disneyland so much, getting out of town and just imagining the magic. We were planning a trip in november, i even had bought tickets before the price increase, I saw yesterday one ananlyst predicts disneyland wont open till 2O21. i WONDER cinsidering how many disabled people and seniors visit just seeing the amt of ecvs' and wheelchairs, do u think disney would take extra steps to protect this guest base. I hate to think of not being able to visit the park in absence of a vaccine but of course safety has to come first, Any ideas how disney might achieve this?

My mom and i were there march 8-12th, just before t,hey closed. It was such a wonderul trip, people were great, we had the best character meet and greet with anna and elsa.whch had photopass that day, Im still buying photos.We are both immuno compromised, I have diabetes but pretty well controlled. My mom has lung disease and is on oxygen, Even still we look forward to disneyland so much, getting out of town and just imagining the magic. We were planning a trip in november, i even had bought tickets before the price increase, I saw yesterday one ananlyst predicts disneyland wont open till 2O21. i WONDER cinsidering how many disabled people and seniors visit just seeing the amt of ecvs' and wheelchairs, do u think disney would take extra steps to protect this guest base. I hate to think of not being able to visit the park in absence of a vaccine but of course safety has to come first, Any ideas how disney might achieve this?

We were there just before closure too... bittersweet thinking back to it. Weather was perfect.

There's a very large thread addressing rumors and whatnot on DISboards that is very robust (I think 53+ pages). Click here. The thread is titled "Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)"

I was also there right before it closed.... took my girls March 5 and they announced closures a week later. It was truly a perfect day with perfect weather.

I was also there right before it closed.... took my girls March 5 and they announced closures a week later. It was truly a perfect day with perfect weather.

It almost seems unreal, doesn't it? Like it was years ago? People laughing, enjoying F&W festival, just being a little nervous & extra cautious with hand washing and keeping distance. Not thinking that DL would actually close, much less the entire economy grinding to a halt <2 weeks later.

Such a weird thought.

can you please let us know if he says anything new? I can’t even watch. Makes my blood pressure go up!
I couldn't watch since I was still working and had my phone on for calls. I was following along on Twitter. Not really much updates. But they are allowing more healthcare options to open up that got cancelled due to the virus. So the may help the hospital situations that aren't overwhelmed. Also, they are increasing testing. And I believe CA is the first state to do testing for people without symptoms. Maybe if more people get tested they can open up the state more? He didn't mention anything about big gatherings or theme parks :(

That lst
It almost seems unreal, doesn't it? Like it was years ago? People laughing, enjoying F&W festival, just being a little nervous & extra cautious with hand washing and keeping distance. Not thinking that DL would actually close, much less the entire economy grinding to a halt <2 weeks later.

Such a weird thought.
I know it was so nice except for the torrential rain on the 12th on the day we left, But i love to shop and in the stores soetimes its hard to move in there, i just dont know how disneyland can handle that many guests and keep it safe. I had no idea until we wereheading to the airport that thye had announced the closure. Thinking that might be my last trip for awile makes me so sad, It is literally the only thing i look forward too and it keeps me going, planning the nxt trip. I still can hardly believe it has happened,

So if my Flex AP is supposed to expire on May 25th but I didn’t get to use it the last two months because of the closure, is my extension for two months whenever the parks open back up or is the extension for however long the park was closed, even if my AP was expired for part of that time? The latter doesn’t seem to make sense but that is how the communications read.
No one really knows how Disney will handle it but I expect they will add the # of days closed to the original expiration date of your pass.

Example: Disneyland closed March 14th and reopens on June 1st which is 79 days. My AP expired on March 16th and will be extended to June 3rd (79 days) effectively giving me back the 3 days I lost due to the closure. Using the same math your pass would have its expiration date extended to Aug 12th.

Such a weird thought.
I feel the same way. My last visit was on the first day of Food and Wine and Magic Happens parade. That was about 3 weeks or so before the park closed. I made sure to be extra vigilant with hand washing. I also didn't think twice about standing in the big crowd of people for the parade or at the booths. Thankfully I didn't sick (well, that I know of). But I'm still in shock at just how much everything has come to a halt over this.

I'm crossing my fingers that in the next few weeks as the testing goes up we get more answers to things like sports and them parks. But who knows.

Such a weird thought.

Totally. I actually can’t look at our pictures from that day without crying. It seems like a lifetime ago. I’m so glad we saw the new parade that day. I think about how everything has changed and how different everything is going to be for a very long time and I’m filled with such an overwhelming sense of sadness. Kind of ready for 2022. 🤪🤦‍♀️

I couldn't watch since I was still working and had my phone on for calls. I was following along on Twitter. Not really much updates. But they are allowing more healthcare options to open up that got cancelled due to the virus. So the may help the hospital situations that aren't overwhelmed. Also, they are increasing testing. And I believe CA is the first state to do testing for people without symptoms. Maybe if more people get tested they can open up the state more? He didn't mention anything about big gatherings or theme parks :(

This is moving in a more positive direction. Thanks!

Totally. I actually can’t look at our pictures from that day without crying. It seems like a lifetime ago. I’m so glad we saw the new parade that day. I think about how everything has changed and how different everything is going to be for a very long time and I’m filled with such an overwhelming sense of sadness. Kind of ready for 2022. 🤪🤦‍♀️
I agree i was looking at my photos yesterday so bittersweet

That lst

I know it was so nice except for the torrential rain on the 12th on the day we left, But i love to shop and in the stores soetimes its hard to move in there, i just dont know how disneyland can handle that many guests and keep it safe. I had no idea until we wereheading to the airport that thye had announced the closure. Thinking that might be my last trip for awile makes me so sad, It is literally the only thing i look forward too and it keeps me going, planning the nxt trip. I still can hardly believe it has happened,
I renewed my AP w/MP last October for my Halloween solo trip. From October to May, I generally make trips down at least once a month any where from over night to a full week. Just depends on the cost of airfare and who is traveling with me. In March I went down with my DGD-22 and her BFF for a full week. We had a blast even with the rain.
We were in the lobby waiting for our ride to SNA when the CLOSURE news was announced.

I too have missed my travels down to DLR but I understand. Social distancing and the CDC guidelines at DLR are a true mind-boggling thought.

Because if the current news regarding Covid-19, I chose to contact Disney and request the prorated AP refund offer. On hold for 1.25hours and 20 minutes for the CM to process.

The thought of another Covid-19 wave along with the traditional flu next Fall/Winter is a little scary. Due to my advance age, I feel it's best to strongly adhere to the CDC recommendations. I feel it might be sometime before I get to return to DLR, even after they do open.

It's sad to see the empty pictures of the park on TV-ABC. I truly hope Disneyland can and will open soon.

Until then stay safe.

Geemo

Im so sorry u had to cancel your pass,sounds like u really got good use out of it. It doesnt seem fair that something that we love so dearly can just be taken from us and because we have underlying conditions or older that we have that much more to worry about than those who are healthy, I hope u can return to the parks in due time and be a kind again at heart

Im so sorry u had to cancel your pass,sounds like u really got good use out of it. It doesnt seem fair that something that we love so dearly can just be taken from us and because we have underlying conditions or older that we have that much more to worry about than those who are healthy, I hope u can return to the parks in due time and be a kind again at heart
Thank you...
I am sad for those that have had to cancel their trips and especially the "Once in a Lifetime" trips.

I have been every fortunate for the multiple times I have been to Disneyland and I know in time I will return.
When it's time, I will renew my AP and start booking trips. It's one of the things I love to do.

Until then my activities will keep me closer to home, just as it does for many.

G

Thank you...
I am sad for those that have had to cancel their trips and especially the "Once in a Lifetime" trips.

I have been every fortunate for the multiple times I have been to Disneyland and I know in time I will return.
When it's time, I will renew my AP and start booking trips. It's one of the things I love to do.

Until then my activities will keep me closer to home, just as it does for many.

G
Did they say you will get a refund for the duration of your pass or just for the closure period?

I renewed my AP w/MP last October for my Halloween solo trip. From October to May, I generally make trips down at least once a month any where from over night to a full week. Just depends on the cost of airfare and who is traveling with me. In March I went down with my DGD-22 and her BFF for a full week. We had a blast even with the rain.
We were in the lobby waiting for our ride to SNA when the CLOSURE news was announced.

I too have missed my travels down to DLR but I understand. Social distancing and the CDC guidelines at DLR are a true mind-boggling thought.

Because if the current news regarding Covid-19, I chose to contact Disney and request the prorated AP refund offer. On hold for 1.25hours and 20 minutes for the CM to process.

The thought of another Covid-19 wave along with the traditional flu next Fall/Winter is a little scary. Due to my advance age, I feel it's best to strongly adhere to the CDC recommendations. I feel it might be sometime before I get to return to DLR, even after they do open.

It's sad to see the empty pictures of the park on TV-ABC. I truly hope Disneyland can and will open soon.

Until then stay safe.

Geemo
Does your prorated refund include Maxpass? We have passes with Maxpass that expire in September and I’m contemplating the refund option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter