• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

That 70's Thread!

I was nearly 24, a combat veteran, a ranger, a 1LT in the US Army and a cute sum beach. What more did I need?

Good Lord, where did all the years go? :confused3

:confused3 If you find out,... let me know. :headache:

Yeah. Hey - when are you planning to go to Disney again? We're going in early December!

Early December...:santa: Lucky you! I'd love to see Disney at Christmastime.:lovestruc

As for us..:scratchin Who knows. I have an AP that was a gift. We used it for a couple of days back in May for a quick trip.
Now, when Bob's got a couple of glasses of wine in him:drinking1...we're going back in the fall. :rolleyes2 In the light of day..and a smack upside the head of a dose of reality.:cool2:.we're lucky if we're able to get back before next year to get use of the AP before it expires. :headache: One can only hope.

Don't forget to post some pics here of your December trip. I look forward to seeing them. What a nice way to start off your holiday season.::yes::

Hey, remember back in the 70's when the whole point of putting on suntan lotion wasn't to protect you from the sun, it was to help you get more TANNED! We never heard of SPF.

coppertone.jpg

Ahhhh yes. QT.

I remember one of my cousins using that stuff and she turned orange.

Not just a little orange.

VERY orange.

Clemson Tiger orange.

She didn't know to wash her hands good afterward, so even her palms were orange.

I remember some really good cereals in the 70's that aren't around anymore...or at least are hard to find.

One of my favorites was Quisp. I thought it was gone forever, but found some in a Big Lots in Lexington, KY a couple years ago.

Quisp-Detail.sflb.ashx

Another good 70's cereal was Crazy Cow. It made its own strawberry milk...but faded away when Mad Cow disease hit the news.

box720.jpg

And who remembers that Cap'n Crunch had a "Vanilly" flavor back then? It was horrible. And apparently it lip synched all its songs. But I do love the great savings offered on the back of the box. A 7 cent coupon!!

507709132_039c61e19b_m.jpg

I saw Quisp in the Giant in PA last week. I was surprised to see it.

Hey, remember back in the 70's when the whole point of putting on suntan lotion wasn't to protect you from the sun, it was to help you get more TANNED! We never heard of SPF.

coppertone.jpg

And you used this for orange hair to go along with that orange tan...

04116732053_450x450_a.jpg

coppertone.jpg

I remember in the 80's spending many a day at the beach or the lake laying out covered in baby oil and iodine! :scared1: Good night, what was I thinking?

Since my age had not quite reached the double digits, my memory is a little foggy. However, I seem to recall having to manage a book of ride tickets to get on all the rides we wanted at MK. Now that I think about it, I'm wondering if we came home with any of those unused A or B tickets.

Since my age had not quite reached the double digits, my memory is a little foggy. However, I seem to recall having to manage a book of ride tickets to get on all the rides we wanted at MK. Now that I think about it, I'm wondering if we came home with any of those unused A or B tickets.

I can't believe I'm about to divulge this, BUT, when we moved from one home to another in 1987, I THREW AWAY my left-over ride coupons and magic keys I found in the back of my junk drawer thinking they were trash!! What in the HECK was I thinking!!! Shortly thereafter, a Disneyanna Convention was held at the CR & I realized how much $$$ in paper I casually tossed out! YIKES!!

This goes back to 1967... I was at Half Price Books yesterday and saw the Sgt Pepper Lonely Hearts Club Band album and the sticker price was $75!!! I have a big box of vinyl albums in the closet and I know that album is in there. I may have to do some research and see what they are worth.

I can't believe I'm about to divulge this, BUT, when we moved from one home to another in 1987, I THREW AWAY my left-over ride coupons and magic keys I found in the back of my junk drawer thinking they were trash!! What in the HECK was I thinking!!! Shortly thereafter, a Disneyanna Convention was held at the CR & I realized how much $$$ in paper I casually tossed out! YIKES!!

OH NO!! :faint:

QT and Sun-In... oh yes! Although I must say my DSis used a LOT of Sun-In on her dark brown hair one summer - turned pink!!!:lmao: So she was pink and orange! :rotfl:

Oh, Deb, you are so gonna get it for that throwing that stuff out....

I'd love to see them if anyone has pics?

I don't need to respond...your tag says it all! :lmao:

Don't feel too bad. My parents cashed ours in for a little of nothing when they changed to the all day tickets. Mom's still kicking herself over that one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter