The Dynamic Duo says: "Let's go back!" How a Disney hater became obsessed! 5/27-6/1

ZeroToHero

DIS Veteran
Chapters:
Background - you're here!
Itinerary, Day 1
Itinerary, Days 2 and 3
Done School! As well as the itinerary for Days 4, 5, & 6

I finally realized we have about a month until our trip and I should probably start a PTR.... this trip is totally different from last year's, where I was packed and ready to go a month out. :rotfl:

Welcome back to all my friends, and hey there and welcome if you're a newcomer!

You may be wondering... who exactly is the Dynamic Duo? Well, I scrapbook, and over on the Community Board, my boyfriend and I have been dubbed the Dynamic Duo by all my Dis-aunts. :laughing:

The D.D consists of:

Lou (20) - avid videogame player, singer, 4.0 GPA (and he won't let me forget it!), History/Government major, actor on a high-speed thrill boat out of Boston Harbor, loves to make people laugh, and a guido in the best sense of the word... well, let's just let these pictures tell you the rest:

100_1861.jpg

100_1683.jpg

100_1437.jpg

and....

Danica (19) - Wonderful, amazing person, without a fault, and yet incredibly humble and modest. Haha. Let's try that again.

Danica (19) - Disney-lover, Psychology/History major, scrapbooker, and future Attractions Hostess in the College Program for Fall of 2010.

100_1831.jpg

100_1651.jpg

100_1681.jpg

So there you have it, the Dynamic Duo!!

96a7c2a8.jpg

Our Disney History:

(Part of this is copied & pasted - sorry. I forgot to add that I'm lazy. Haha)

Lou - Has been when he was a little kid, and then again in August of 2007, which is coincidentally the exact same time my family had a trip planned, so we met up for one day - my sister's birthday. Yes, I skipped out on my sister's birthday to hang out with him. No, she still has not let me forget it. :lmao:

My Disney Experience: Multiple times as a little kid at Disneyland, DisneyWorld, and Disneyland Paris. Then my family didn't go for a while - until 2006. We went in November. Then in August of 2007. Then in November of 2007. Three trips in a year and two days! We maxed out a fluke in our Annual Passes.. we got 2 extra days.. and we used them to the last day!!!!

After that, we (he and myself) went in August of 2009. It was my consolation trip for not getting into the Disney College Program for Fall of 2009. As you can see, the trip consoled me enough for me to try again, and after a year of trying, I finally got in! The August trip, however, didn't sate our appetite for Disney - in fact, in Lou's case, it increased it at least ten-fold!

If you're interested in reading about that, here is the trip report from that trip (just click this sentence).

He really didn't like Disney too much before that trip - he thought the Pixar movies were funny, but he didn't appreciate just what Disney was. After the first day we were at the Magic Kingdom though, he got it.

You know what else he got? PIN codes. Massive amounts of them. As in, at least 3. The first one, he didn't know what it was - he just got it in the mail. I freaked out when he told me, but he didn't want to go back, because we would have had to miss school. That was really upsetting, but then a few months later, we got another one! And he said, "Alright, let's go back."

:scared1: Wait, what!?!

He was serious though. He wanted to go back for our anniversary. Our real anniversary, because we had our fake anniversary there in August - it was 2 years and 3 months, but it was our 2 year anniversary present. So this time, we'll actually be in Disney for our 3 year anniversary. We're going May 27th to June 1st, and we will be staying at All-Star Music.

I'M SOOOOOOOOOOO IN! My DBF and I are also celebrating our 3rd anniversary on our upcoming trip!

Awww, you guys are so young and have already been dating for 3 yrs. Ok...I'm only a year or two older than you guys, but you ARE young! My little sister is the same age as you. Are you doing a double major?

I love that "best boyfriend" statue Lou is holding up. I need to find that when I'm there. Congrats on getting into the CP!

I'M SOOOOOOOOOOO IN! My DBF and I are also celebrating our 3rd anniversary on our upcoming trip!

Awww, you guys are so young and have already been dating for 3 yrs. Ok...I'm only a year or two older than you guys, but you ARE young! My little sister is the same age as you. Are you doing a double major?

I love that "best boyfriend" statue Lou is holding up. I need to find that when I'm there. Congrats on getting into the CP!

Hahahahaha - I keep telling Lou he's too old for me now that he's 20. It's so weird.

And yeah, both of us are doing double majors! We came in with a lot of credits from AP tests, so we needed something to do with our time.

The Best Boyfriend statue I saw in the Emporium on Main Street.. it was really cute! I bet they'll still have it.

And thank you!!! I am so excited to go. :cloud9:

Oh ya, AP classes! My school only had AP bio and AP calc.

I'm a psych minor, and my housemate is actually a psych major with a history minor!

Btw, I'm very much enjoying your latest TR!

Oooh, yay, you DID start a PTR! Awesome! Loved your last TR and looking forward to living vicariously through you since I don't get to go back until 2011. :banana:

I just finished reading your Aug 2009 TR. You're REALLY good at taking pictures of you and Lou with one hand! :thumbsup2

Me and Andrew have to do like, 10 shots before we get a good one of us.

I can't wait to hear all your plans for this trip! :cool1:

Oooh, yay, you DID start a PTR! Awesome! Loved your last TR and looking forward to living vicariously through you since I don't get to go back until 2011. :banana:

Haha - in the fall, when I'll be there for four months, I will have a blog (I'll send you the link when I actually start it). You're going to be living so vicariously through me, you'll never want to go to Disney again, you'll have lived it all! :rotfl:

I just finished reading your Aug 2009 TR. You're REALLY good at taking pictures of you and Lou with one hand! :thumbsup2

Me and Andrew have to do like, 10 shots before we get a good one of us.

I can't wait to hear all your plans for this trip! :cool1:

Thank you! Haha - my dad said they were all the same photo - just two heads in front of different backgrounds. It was scary that he was right......... I feel like there was a set of photos that were EXACTLY the same, except we were in two different parks.

I really want to look into the GorillaPod thing, that can wrap around anything, for this trip... it's just so expensive!

Haha - in the fall, when I'll be there for four months, I will have a blog (I'll send you the link when I actually start it). You're going to be living so vicariously through me, you'll never want to go to Disney again, you'll have lived it all! :rotfl:

I somehow don't think that's possible! :lmao: Looking forward to the blog- can't believe Disney didn't select you for the CP the first time, but at least they finally got it right. ;)

I really want to look into the GorillaPod thing, that can wrap around anything, for this trip... it's just so expensive!

GorillaPod? That sounds like a really good tool. I guess we'll have to practice a bit before we go to WDW

Joining in...

Congradulations on getting into the College Program!! :woohoo: That's gotta be so exciting for you. I've always wanted to do it, but I'm having a hard time trying to fit it into my schedule. I'm changing majors and I'm already going to be in college longer than I initially expected. :laughing: But we'll see if I can make it happen.

Can't wait to read more about your trip! :upsidedow

:hug: Any chance of one from you about California? Or at least photos on Facebook! I want to know about your trips too!!!

I never get to see your scrapbooks... I just realized this.

We'll see about a TR - I would like to, but I always come back from vacation so tired I never get around to doing one, then too much time has gone by. But photos on FB for sure. One of my DsDs is bringing her laptop, so I hope to steal it occasionally and do a few live updates.

Now that we are 'homeless' in terms of a place to crop, maybe we could all get together at one of our houses sometime and bring scrapbooks. Really we mainly see one page of each others' at a time - it would be nice to see the finished projects!

DH and I will be at the world May 27-31! We're staying at the Poly for our 10 year wedding anniversary. :dance3:

DH and I will be at the world May 27-31! We're staying at the Poly for our 10 year wedding anniversary. :dance3:

Really?! What time are you getting there the first day? We're eating at Kona our first night, and then are planning on watching the Electrical Water Pageant and Wishes from the beach. (Well, that sort of ruined my post about what we're doing the first day, haha.. oh well! There's still more.)

We're flying into MCO at 6:30, and assuming everything runs on time we should be at Poly around 7:30-8ish? I've never flown to Disney since we live so close, but we figured since it was just for a weekend it would be easier to fly. In your experience, how long does it usually take to get to your resort with M.E.?

We're flying into MCO at 6:30, and assuming everything runs on time we should be at Poly around 7:30-8ish? I've never flown to Disney since we live so close, but we figured since it was just for a weekend it would be easier to fly. In your experience, how long does it usually take to get to your resort with M.E.?

Hmmm.... having only used ME once - we were the first stop, and it took us a little over a half hour - we made REALLY good time. So I say an hour is a good guess, just in case of any delays.

We might be finishing eating right when you're checking in! I'll have to check what time we're eating and get back to you! Wait... that is PM, right?

Haha, okay. Making sure you weren't some crazy early-bird family.... *cough* my mom *cough*

Hello everyone!

So I just wanted to give you a brief idea of what we have planned for the first day... (more days will come later)

Day #1 - May 27th
Our flight was originally scheduled to leave at 10:40am, but then they switched it to 3 pm on us... because of the huge change, I was able to call and have them switch us to a different flight, which is actually earlier, which is awesome. So now we're leaving at 7 am, and getting in around 10. I'm hoping to only bring a carry-on for each of us.. that would be great. So after getting to All-Star Music, checking in, and finding our room, I figured we could either wander for a bit, or, if we're hungry, head straight for Downtown Disney to get lunch. However, I wanted to be able to visit a few other resorts as well - namely, Animal Kingdom Lodge (to show Lou how cool it is!), and Port Orleans French Quarter (for some beignets!). I know we can take the boat to FQ from Downtown Disney, so that may be the way to go for that. It's up to him, because I know we didn't spend too much time in Downtown Disney last time.

After getting our fill of Downtown Disney, we head to the Poly for dinner at Kona Cafe at 6:10. This should give us enough time to eat and then check out the resort (lots of resort checking-out today :rotfl:), as well as grab some Dole Whips from the self-serve machine. Then, we stake out a spot on the beach to watch Wishes, as well as the Electrical Water Pageant.

And thennnn, after that, we grab either a monorail to MK, to take the bus back, or a bus to Downtown Disney, and then switch for the All-Star bus. I'll have to think about it.

A pretty laid-back first day, but the rest are going to be crazy - I just found out Disney switched the schedule, so we're going to every park on its EMH day! Ack!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter