The Dynamic Duo says: "Let's go back!" How a Disney hater became obsessed! 5/27-6/1

I feel weird not having a plan! Especially because May is going to be so much more busy than August. However, I already have the Touring Plans sheets that I made last trip, so I don't need to remake those.. which is basically what the plan is probably going to be, if we want to ride anything.

The camera did come, and I'm excited to use it!

I also made him a countdown calendar - it wasn't anything like last time's, with the fact of the day... I just printed a calendar of May off the computer, and used scrapbooking rub-on numbers to count down to the 27th. Then I gave him Mickey & Friends stickers to put on each day.... this way, at the end, I can put the calendar in a scrapbook, on its own page, and that's all I need.

Next week, I have to make ADRs for his trip down in November... I haven't decided what parks he's going to on what days, so I need to figure that out. But I know he decided he wants to eat at:

Boma (AK day)
Le Cellier (Epcot day)
O'Hana (MK day)
The Brown Derby (DHS day)

Haha, planning his trip for him, even though you won't be there. In true Dis planner fashion :rotfl:

Hm...I didn't even think of including a countdown calendar in my scrapbook....

Haha - well, even if I have to work that day, I'll still hopefully be eating with him! Hopefully. :/

I feel weird not having a plan! Especially because May is going to be so much more busy than August.

Is it busier because of the Flower & Garden festival? Is that still on?

The camera did come, and I'm excited to use it!

Have you tested it out?

I also made him a countdown calendar - it wasn't anything like last time's, with the fact of the day... I just printed a calendar of May off the computer, and used scrapbooking rub-on numbers to count down to the 27th. Then I gave him Mickey & Friends stickers to put on each day.... this way, at the end, I can put the calendar in a scrapbook, on its own page, and that's all I need.

Awww, stickers! I have to come up with a countdown still. The calendars on the fridge worked well and I don't want to get overly complicated, but I'd like to do something different this time. I like the sticker idea but my kids would totally steal the stickers and use them all over the house! :rolleyes:

Next week, I have to make ADRs for his trip down in November...

Oooo, November! Will I be meeting Lou too or will I miss him?

I haven't decided what parks he's going to on what days, so I need to figure that out. But I know he decided he wants to eat at:

Boma (AK day)
Le Cellier (Epcot day)
O'Hana (MK day)
The Brown Derby (DHS day)

Boma... can't remember if I'm trying that one out this time or not. :confused: Le Cellier, mmmmmmm. Is 'Ohana for dinner or breakfast? You totally have to meet Lilo and Stitch :laughing: The Brown Derby.... I keep telling myself I'm going to try it but those two table services always change my mind.

*crosses fingers* Do you know what your schedule will be like yet?

Busy! Haha. I don't actually know specifics, but I know you work at least 30 hours a week - and that's during slow times.

Is it busier because of the Flower & Garden festival? Is that still on?

I think it ends the week before we get there, but we're going during Memorial Day weekend, which is apparently insane, because of Star Wars Weekend. Not as bad as Spring Break, but still not as slow as last time....sigh.

Have you tested it out?

I haven't! I'm saving it, because I know that there will be this great shot on the last day, and I'll have just used up my last photo - I think it only has 24 shots? I forget how disposable cameras work, haha.

Awww, stickers! I have to come up with a countdown still. The calendars on the fridge worked well and I don't want to get overly complicated, but I'd like to do something different this time. I like the sticker idea but my kids would totally steal the stickers and use them all over the house! :rolleyes:

Hmmm.. maybe a set of blocks that you can switch out to count down with? Do you have those alphabet blocks? You'd only need 3 of each number (and then, soon enough, just 2!)

Oooo, November! Will I be meeting Lou too or will I miss him?

When are you going? He's going the 11th to the 15th. You guys probably just miss each other, don't you?

Boma... can't remember if I'm trying that one out this time or not. :confused: Le Cellier, mmmmmmm. Is 'Ohana for dinner or breakfast? You totally have to meet Lilo and Stitch :laughing: The Brown Derby.... I keep telling myself I'm going to try it but those two table services always change my mind.

O'Hana for dinner - I want to do it for breakfast as well, so my mother and I are meeting up with some friends in August to eat there for breakfast on our last day together. :teeth:

I wasn't too fond of the Brown Derby, but Lou said he wanted to try it, so I'm sure I'll find something. And since we're not doing the dining plan that time, I can just get an appetizer & dessert if I want.

I think it ends the week before we get there, but we're going during Memorial Day weekend, which is apparently insane, because of Star Wars Weekend. Not as bad as Spring Break, but still not as slow as last time....sigh.

Ah yes, Star Wars Weekend :darth:. Have you googled the DHS maps for Star Wars weekends? I came across one by accident one time and it was pretty cool all the stuff they do.

I haven't! I'm saving it, because I know that there will be this great shot on the last day, and I'll have just used up my last photo - I think it only has 24 shots? I forget how disposable cameras work, haha.

Ohhhhh a disposable underwater camera! I thought you meant you bought a fancy camera that can get wet! :rotfl2:

Hmmm.. maybe a set of blocks that you can switch out to count down with? Do you have those alphabet blocks? You'd only need 3 of each number (and then, soon enough, just 2!)

Hey I like that! I don't have blocks like that but I betcha I can find something.... ooooo I'll have to look into that more.

When are you going? He's going the 11th to the 15th. You guys probably just miss each other, don't you?

Ah poop. We're going November 27th to December 7th.

O'Hana for dinner - I want to do it for breakfast as well, so my mother and I are meeting up with some friends in August to eat there for breakfast on our last day together. :teeth:

I wasn't too fond of the Brown Derby, but Lou said he wanted to try it, so I'm sure I'll find something. And since we're not doing the dining plan that time, I can just get an appetizer & dessert if I want.

I'm curious what he'll think about 'Ohana for dinner. I can't remember reading a recent review but man, do I remember how much food you get! I think I recall there's entertainment too ....? Yay, you're going for breakfast!

I'm hoping the free dining this year gets extended into November. If it does, you guys can use table credits at the Brown Derby, but I've heard the apps are good there anyway.

Ah yes, Star Wars Weekend :darth:. Have you googled the DHS maps for Star Wars weekends? I came across one by accident one time and it was pretty cool all the stuff they do.

No! I didn't know they did a lot of things. Now I'll have to go check that out!

Ohhhhh a disposable underwater camera! I thought you meant you bought a fancy camera that can get wet! :rotfl2:

I wish! My budget does not allow for fancy cameras anymore.. :lmao: Although, come to think of it, I did buy my last camera for Disney. Maybe it should be a tradition... :p

Just 2 more weeks and we'll both be headed to Disney!!!:banana:

I would not worry too much about Memorial Day crowds-we went a couple of years ago and it was managable. We're used to going at Spring Break and Thanksgiving weeks, and Memorial Day was nothing compared to that.

I have noticed our past few trips that the parks (especially MK) get really crowded around late morning on their AM EMH day and stay crowded for the rest of the day, so we try to avoid those parks. PM EMH are awesome, especially at MK and AK. We plan on staying till 3 am at MK on Sunday. :yay: And at AK-Everest and Kali are a totally different experience at night-they're awesome!!! Almost no wait times too-our last trip we rode Everest like 15 times in a row (well the kids did I rode like 8 then I was dizzy :laughing: ).

Just 2 more weeks and we'll both be headed to Disney!!!:banana:

I would not worry too much about Memorial Day crowds-we went a couple of years ago and it was managable. We're used to going at Spring Break and Thanksgiving weeks, and Memorial Day was nothing compared to that.

I have noticed our past few trips that the parks (especially MK) get really crowded around late morning on their AM EMH day and stay crowded for the rest of the day, so we try to avoid those parks. PM EMH are awesome, especially at MK and AK. We plan on staying till 3 am at MK on Sunday. :yay: And at AK-Everest and Kali are a totally different experience at night-they're awesome!!! Almost no wait times too-our last trip we rode Everest like 15 times in a row (well the kids did I rode like 8 then I was dizzy :laughing: ).

You're tougher than me, haha! I could only do it 3 times in a row, then that backwards shaking motion made me really dizzy. If I had taken my head off of the seat, I might have been able to go on a few more times.

We should try to ride something at the PM EMH right at the end, and see if we can be the only ones on! That would be fun! :woohoo:

And oh my gosh, you're right!!!! Two weeks from now, we'll be on the plane!!!!!! Speaking of which, I should probably check to make sure Delta didn't change our flight again...

So I booked the first of 4 reservations for Lou's trip - Le Cellier for 8:05 pm on his first day. That's the ONLY time I was able to get - I wasn't able to get O'Hana for an early time, so that decided that... I wasn't sure if we were going to MK the first or the second day he's there, but I guess it's going to be the second one..

There are now 12 days until we leave!!!

And we decided that we're upgrading to Annual Passes. Well.... I decided.

It makes sense for me to get a Premium Annual Pass because I'll be going again in August for 12 days, and we'll be going to water parks and DisneyQuest, so that pricing works out well. However, it also works in that when I'm a Cast Member, I can get into the parks free, but not the waterparks (except at certain times) or DisneyQuest - this way, if I go even once while I'm there for the 4 months, it makes the Premium pass a good deal.

Andddd, if Lou has one (just an Annual Pass in his case though) as well, if we go to the parks one day in May 2011 (before our cruise), then it's worth it even more.

Wow, APs! That sounds awesome! I can't wait for the day I can afford to go more than once a year to make an AP more worth it ^_^

Yay for annual passes! I think I mentioned in my PTR that mom is buying me an AP as part of my birthday present. Are you going to get the Tables in Wonderland card? $75 for 20% off most sit down restaurants. I know I could definitely get my money's worth out of that if I was living down there for 4 months. :rotfl: I'm getting one of those, too, since neither mom nor I want to do the dining plan and we're doing a lot of meals. I'm also hoping for AP discounts on hotel rooms.

Wow, APs! That sounds awesome! I can't wait for the day I can afford to go more than once a year to make an AP more worth it ^_^

:teeth: It helps that the bulk of the days are because of my parents' 25th anniversary, and they were going to buy my ticket for joining them on that, so paying the difference between that and an AP isn't too bad. If I wasn't going with my parents in August, it totally would not have been worth it at all.

Yay for annual passes! I think I mentioned in my PTR that mom is buying me an AP as part of my birthday present. Are you going to get the Tables in Wonderland card? $75 for 20% off most sit down restaurants. I know I could definitely get my money's worth out of that if I was living down there for 4 months. :rotfl: I'm getting one of those, too, since neither mom nor I want to do the dining plan and we're doing a lot of meals. I'm also hoping for AP discounts on hotel rooms.

Yes! I remember that! I might get a Tables in Wonderland card - I'm thinking about it. As a CM, you automatically have to tip 20%, so that would help me get rid of tips if I get it - I need to figure out how many times I would have to eat out for it to be worth it... probably not that many, but then I have to remember my budget.. haha. And I think it's only 60$ for AP holders!!! But I could be wrong about that.

It's available to passholders and Florida residents - but it's 100$ for Florida residents. And BelleBway was right - it is 75$ for AP holders. I read an old website that hadn't updated its prices.

Guess what time it is?

Single Digit Dance Time!!!!!!

:dancer:

That's right, there's 9 days left! At this point 9 days from today, we will have just landed in Orlando! Sooo exciting.

The other day, I bought a bunch of travel-sized shampoos and stuff like that, since we're only doing carry-ons.

I also bought a lot of Poptarts for breakfasts, since we don't have a kitchen this time.. :rotfl:

I need to start packing! I'll probably do that Sunday. I went through and switched out all my clothes the other night, so I pulled out all my summer clothes.

Woooooot! :cool1:

Yeah, I switched out my clothes recently too. Took out all my summer dresses

Single Digit Dancing!!! You get nine bananas!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Travel size items and Pop-tarts... can't beat it! :rotfl2: Man, I can't wait to pull out my summer clothes. As nice as the weather has been lately, I'm ready for hot, swimming-worthy days!

Yay for single digits! :cool1:

I, umm, was excited to go under the 300 day mark recently... :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter