The Dynamic Duo says: "Let's go back!" How a Disney hater became obsessed! 5/27-6/1

What? They switched the schedules??? I'm going to have to check to make sure my own itinerary is still good....

Wow, what a nice first day! Wishes on the beach at the Poly? What time is the electrical water pageant anyways? Maybe that'll be a good way to end my free day.

Yeah, you guys got rained out when you planned to see DtD again, right?

What? They switched the schedules??? I'm going to have to check to make sure my own itinerary is still good....

Wow, what a nice first day! Wishes on the beach at the Poly? What time is the electrical water pageant anyways? Maybe that'll be a good way to end my free day.

Yeah, you guys got rained out when you planned to see DtD again, right?

Ohhhh yes, haha. It poured.

And - I think it's about a half-hour after Wishes ends? It circles the Seven Seas Lagoon, so each resort has a different time. If you google it, there might be more information out there - it's definitely something worth seeing!!!

I saw the EWP for the first time last year. I really liked it - very classic Disney. Glad you could get on the earlier flight!

Day 2 - May 28th - Epcot

I really don't have anything planned for this day. :eek:

We have reservations at Biergarten at 6:30, and I want to see Illuminations, but other than that, we're just going to stroll.

Oh, and I want to get a link taken out of my watch at Mousegears! It slides down my wrist all the time, and I keep saying I'll get it fixed when we go back. I need to remember my receipt, just in case.

There are EMH from 9 pm to midnight, but I don't know if we'll take advantage of them. We might, and maybe sleep in in the morning...? We'll see if I can handle not being there at rope drop.

Since that day was pretty lame, and there's not much planned for the next day, I'll do another.

Day 3 - May 29th - Hollywood Studios

There are Extra Magic Hours from 8 am to 9 am, so I guess we won't be taking advantage of the EMH at Epcot unless we really think we can do it and not be grumpy. :rotfl:

Today is a Star Wars Weekend, so that should be cool! I don't know what there is to do for Star Wars Weekends, so we'll probably just wander. But Lou is considering doing American Idol again - hopefully this time the show won't be canceled, and it won't take up our whole day - he also wants to go on Toy Story Midway Mania again.

Originally, the park was supposed to close at 8, but the hours were extended until 10 pm, with two Fantasmic showings. We have a reservation at the Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club for 8:30 pm, so we have to leave the park at 8 to go to that. And then I wanted to get ice cream at Beaches & Cream, since we didn't do that last time.

I don't think we'll go see Fantasmic, but there is a 10:30 showing, so who knows.... everything is up in the air this trip. I haven't planned nearly as much as I did the last one, but I'll be bringing everything I made for the last trip if we need to pull it out.

Wow, an EMH AND 2 Fantasmics?

You guys should TOTALLY dress up, even for a bit. It doesn't have to be a full costume, but something Star Warsy....I dunno what you would do though, I'm more of a Trekkie.

Did you have Biergarten on your last trip? Let me know how it is. I hear the food is great, but I don't know if I'll enjoy the entertainment. I'm considering it for my 2013 trip.

Well, if you go to BnC, according to JenBear, get the $7.99 desserts. They're more worth it.

Wow, an EMH AND 2 Fantasmics?

You guys should TOTALLY dress up, even for a bit. It doesn't have to be a full costume, but something Star Warsy....I dunno what you would do though, I'm more of a Trekkie.

Did you have Biergarten on your last trip? Let me know how it is. I hear the food is great, but I don't know if I'll enjoy the entertainment. I'm considering it for my 2013 trip.

Well, if you go to BnC, according to JenBear, get the $7.99 desserts. They're more worth it.

I know, before they changed the schedule, it was supposed to close at 8, and there was no Fantasmic at all! They must be expecting a lot of people...

I'm a Star Trek fan too, but Lou likes Star Wars, haha. I don't know if we have anything Star Warsy - I know I had a Leia costume from when I was about 6, but I don't think it fits anymore.... haha. I'll have to see if we have anything lying around.

We did do Biergarten before - the food was great! And the entertainment is easy to tune out, even though it's right there. It's also not constant, they go away between sets, so that's good, if you don't like them. I thought it was funny, but I didn't pay too much attention to it, and we were right next to the stage area.

And thank you for the tip about the desserts - are they big enough to split, you think?

Well, from the looks of her post, it looks like a good dessert to share. Depends on how much Lou eats though. It would be a good after-meal treat, but not so much a snack in itself, I don't think.

Speaking of Star Wars, I saw the cutest little storm trooper at a convention last summer

DSC00300.jpg

SOOO CUUUTE!!

Your plans for the first few days look great! We are doing the same thing with not going overboard with the planning. Since it's just me and DH for the first time we have so much more freedom than usual. We only have 1 ADR-California Grill for Sunday night (during Wishes), and we're doing Keys to the Kingdom on Saturday, which includes lunch at Columbia Harbour House, both new restaurants for us. Most of our meals are usually centered around characters. :rotfl:

Your plans for the first few days look great! We are doing the same thing with not going overboard with the planning. Since it's just me and DH for the first time we have so much more freedom than usual. We only have 1 ADR-California Grill for Sunday night (during Wishes), and we're doing Keys to the Kingdom on Saturday, which includes lunch at Columbia Harbour House, both new restaurants for us. Most of our meals are usually centered around characters. :rotfl:

You're doing it on Saturday!?! Arggg, haha. We're doing it on Sunday! I got excited for a minute, but then I remembered, wrong day.

Well, from the looks of her post, it looks like a good dessert to share. Depends on how much Lou eats though. It would be a good after-meal treat, but not so much a snack in itself, I don't think.

Speaking of Star Wars, I saw the cutest little storm trooper at a convention last summer

-PICTURE-

SOOO CUUUTE!!

That is so cute!!!! Awww, haha.

Yep, Saturday. I'm really excited about KTTK-this is our first time doing it. We'll have to meet up sometime, maybe Thursday night we could meet y'all for a dole whip after we check in?

Yep, Saturday. I'm really excited about KTTK-this is our first time doing it. We'll have to meet up sometime, maybe Thursday night we could meet y'all for a dole whip after we check in?

That sounds great! I'm sending you my cell phone number. You can call me or text - do you have texting?

I realized today that yesterday was one month! We missed it!

But that just means that there's less than a month!!! :woohoo:

So as of today, I am officially done school for 8 months!!!! I don't go back until January!

I finished classes last Thursday, but my last paper was turned in this morning, so I'm DONE!!!!! It's such a great feeling - I spent this whole morning just laying on the couch, since I spent all last night writing the paper, haha. I start work at BHC tomorrow, so it's not like I have a lot of time to relax, but at least I don't get homework from work!!!

I also decided Lou probably isn't going to do American Idol on that Saturday - there's too much else to do, and unless he reallyyy wants to do it, we can spend our time doing other things that we haven't done.

So let's finish up the plans for the days...

Day 4 - May 30th - Magic Kingdom

Today will be the three month mark until I check in as a College Programmer, so what better way to celebrate than with the Keys to the Kingdom tour, which is how I found out more information about the College Program in the first place?

Actually, it was just a coincidence that happened, I didn't plan it like that at all. :rotfl: But it works!

So we're doing the Keys to the Kingdom Tour in the morning, and then have the whole day at the Magic Kingdom - Spectromagic and Wishes are going that night. And they changed the park hours again - Magic Kingdom is now open until 3 am that night! Oh man. There are two Spectromagics now, so we'll probably do the later one, but we'll see how we feel. I have a feeling I may need to bring 5 hour energy shots or something, haha.

For the Keys to the Kingdom Tour, you get lunch at Columbia Harbour House, so that's good - means we can get a snack at Casey's when we're starving around midnight, haha. We have dinner at the Crystal Palace - yum! My friend might even be "hanging out" with Eeyore that night, so that would be awesome - she'll find out when she gets down there and gets her schedule for work.

Day 5 - May 31st - Animal Kingdom

It's our anniversary (and Memorial Day)! And we'll probably be sleeping in, considering that we will be at the Magic Kingdom really late that morning.... however, we're going to Animal Kingdom, and they will be open until 11 pm that night - jeez. So we can go a little later - we might head over around 11 or so instead of 8. This is Lou's favorite park, and it has rides I like too, so it should be nice. For our anniversary dinner, we're eating at Yak & Yeti..... romantic. :p

I'm excited though.... I want to ride Everest in the dark!

Once we get back from Animal Kingdom, we have to pack up for tomorrow. I'm expecting to only need carry-ons, so I hope that's the case, and it's easy to pack.

Finally....

Day 6 - June 1st - ???

For our final day, we can go to whatever park we want. We may not hit everything in one park because of the crowds, so we'll decide the night before what we want to go to.

The schedule for that day right now is:
AK is open at 9 am
MK is open at 8 am with EMH
Epcot opens at 9 and has EMH evening that night
DHS opens at 9.

So it really doesn't matter where we go, unless it's MK.

Our flight home is at 7, so we need to be back at All Star Music by 3 to get on Magical Express.... that gives us plenty of time in the parks. :)

We will see how things go... I've never gone when it was this crowded before, so it's going to definitely be interesting!

There aren't that many days left.... only 23! I wanted to make Lou a countdown calendar for the last 20 days, so I may work on that today.

I also have a waterproof camera coming today in the mail - I wanted to try it out on Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids (and any other wet rides I'm not thinking of right now)

I'll be working on your anniversary! :laughing:

I would love to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour. I might do it on my next trip.

Wow MK open till 3 am with 2 spectromagics! :eek: Looks like Disney is just getting busier and busier!

I'm so excited for your trip, lol! I'll be at my niece's 9th birthday party on your anniversary. I so want to ride EE in the dark- that should be awesome!

Oops! I'm sorry!

Hey, MM - I have a PTR going. :rotfl:

Oh, OK then. :rotfl2: I cannot believe you are going in 18 days. :eek: Your plans look fabulous, loving the open feel of it all.

So, did you make the countdown calendar? Did you get your new camera? Three months until you check in with the College Program?! :yay:

Whew!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter