The Rest of Hollywood Studios

For the record I don't think they'll do it. I only suggested that the muppets area is a bit of a waste in my opinion, and that I think the IP is not as appealing in 2018. I think the time has passed where it would be a good idea to change something there. I think we will see Star Wars open, then a new area developed before they touch the muppet, star tours and Indy theatre area.

The listed operational capacity of muppets is 900/hr, where philharmagic does 1350, and it's tough to be a bug does 1800 by the same measure. I think they could push more through there (Muppets) if the demand was there. Their theoretical capacity is quite a bit higher in proportion. So that makes me wonder if the demand just isn't there to turn it over quicker.

Well I think once you see the newer areas open and the muppets is not cut off by construction, more people in the park for longer periods they will get a better gauge of what that area can expect capacity wise. MK is not going through this type of transition and Philarmagic is fairly centrally located. AK can get pretty packed but Tough being a bug is front and center at the entrance. The muppets is currently tucked away right now.

Was looking at the park on Google earth. Here is my thought on the future of the park after swge(or at least what I would do)

Muppet 3d - expansion of sw land. It's the only place they can go and add another attraction if they decide. The current movie is dated, and whenever we go it's always empty and basically a walk on. Even before the construction people just don't go there anymore.

Star tours reskinned for a new ip, and indy show knocked down for same ip with new attraction

Then jump over to launch bay, the little mermaid, disney jr, and possibly walt disney presents. Wall it off and make a new land with 2 rides and 1 show.

Then there are about 4 buildings in the area behind rock n roller coaster that I think are part of the old studios. I believe between that backstage area and the large swath of undeveloped land next to it, you could add 2 more lands.(or at the very least one larger one)

This park has a lot more space to really make it into something special, sadly my grandchildren will probably be saying the same thing some day.

Was looking at the park on Google earth. Here is my thought on the future of the park after swge(or at least what I would do)

Muppet 3d - expansion of sw land. It's the only place they can go and add another attraction if they decide. The current movie is dated, and whenever we go it's always empty and basically a walk on. Even before the construction people just don't go there anymore.

Star tours reskinned for a new ip, and indy show knocked down for same ip with new attraction

Then jump over to launch bay, the little mermaid, disney jr, and possibly walt disney presents. Wall it off and make a new land with 2 rides and 1 show.

Then there are about 4 buildings in the area behind rock n roller coaster that I think are part of the old studios. I believe between that backstage area and the large swath of undeveloped land next to it, you could add 2 more lands.(or at the very least one larger one)

This park has a lot more space to really make it into something special, sadly my grandchildren will probably be saying the same thing some day.
They can expand by not using muppets. The built in germs around SWGE are a possible expansion plot as well as moving backstage.

They can expand by not using muppets. The built in germs around SWGE are a possible expansion plot as well as moving backstage.
I assume you meant "built in berm". And I'd still moveon from muppets 3d...the show at hall of presidents is much more entertaining. Perhaps combine it with star tours, and indy for a larger land.

The muppets 3-D show is fun for kids, but there just isn't enough of it elsewhere in that area. Another attraction (or true puppet show) is needed to make that feel like a "Muppets land" rather than a dated 3-D show.

The retheming of Pizza Planet to PizzaRizzo's was interesting in the timing. It felt like that would have been the perfect time to make a more developed Muppets Land with the removal of Streets of America .. or just trash it so SWGE could have been put there and connected easily with Star Tours.

It makes sense that they got rid of the Pizza Planet theming with the upcoming Toy Story Land,but not sure why they retained a pizza restaurant there and rethemed it, but at least Grand Avenue sorta "extends" the theming of that area.

They probably were forced to keep it, if they had gotten rid of Muppets Courtyard and two restaurants, then DHS would have had even more capacity issues.
I really wish they would have included the muppets area into SWGE. They could have them had Star Tours as a neat entrance into the area and added several themed restaurants and a show building already in the land to add to it.

I know several posters on the boards are obsessed with muppets but I have to this day never met anyone in my life that has ever even casually mentioned liking them or saw the reboot attempt. I loved the original run and movies, but that IP has passed. It would have added so much to the new land, but now we are likely to lose a good attraction already themed to the new land because it will fall outside the land edges when that could have been avoided.

I really wish they would have included the muppets area into SWGE. They could have them had Star Tours as a neat entrance into the area and added several themed restaurants and a show building already in the land to add to it.

I know several posters on the boards are obsessed with muppets but I have to this day never met anyone in my life that has ever even casually mentioned liking them or saw the reboot attempt. I loved the original run and movies, but that IP has passed. It would have added so much to the new land, but now we are likely to lose a good attraction already themed to the new land because it will fall outside the land edges when that could have been avoided.
I think the IP is fun and still has a draw to them. But I wouldn’t have minded them relocating the show and then making that area part of Star Wars

Yes berms (autocorrect). Muppets is still a popular IP and the last film Jim Henson worked on.
Popular where besides these boards? If it was popular ABC would not have needed to cancel the reboot.

Popular where besides these boards? If it was popular ABC would not have needed to cancel the reboot.
The ABC wasn't exactly great. Even as a muppet fan myself I thought the show was lackluster. Muppets beside that is still a popular IP.

I think the IP is fun and still has a draw to them. But I wouldn’t have minded them relocating the show and then making that area part of Star Wars
I agree it is fun and I like it, but it is dated, not as popular anymore with the general public, and interrupts a SW attraction and the new land and also contains several less popular restaurants and one popular (scifi) that all could have been incorporated into GE. I wouldn't mind them finding a new home for them on the other side or doing a muppets something in the launch bay perhaps.

I agree it is fun and I like it, but it is dated, not as popular anymore with the general public, and interrupts a SW attraction and the new land and also contains several less popular restaurants and one popular (scifi) that all could have been incorporated into GE. I wouldn't mind them finding a new home for them on the other side or doing a muppets something in the launch bay perhaps.
My thing is I’m fine with Star tours changing I guess. I haven’t done it in a few trips and it doesn’t fit the current direction the land will be going in. It’s a fun ride but easily interchangeable with another property imo

My thing is I’m fine with Star tours changing I guess. I haven’t done it in a few trips and it doesn’t fit the current direction the land will be going in. It’s a fun ride but easily interchangeable with another property imo
That is definitely true, as motion simulators can easily be changed. It just seems odd to make a new land and only put in 2 rides when you already have a themed one for that IP and not rope it in because a massively less popular and dated attraction sits between them. Perhaps they felt taking yet another attraction offline was too hard a pill to swallow.

That is definitely true, as motion simulators can easily be changed. It just seems odd to make a new land and only put in 2 rides when you already have a themed one for that IP and not rope it in because a massively less popular and dated attraction sits between them. Perhaps they felt taking yet another attraction offline was too hard a pill to swallow.
Yeah I mean we all assumed at first it would be incorporated in the new land and then it changed/became clear it wouldn’t be. I’m sure attraction capacity was one factor and also the versatility you spoke of.

I’m really curious what happens to that whole area with Star tours and Indy down the road. I have to think they have a master plan to change that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter