THE RETURN of THE WHATLEYS MAY 21-30. Our trip is done, now time for the TR :(

Thanks!! Yea, when Chris gets back with breakfast for the kids, I get to go get our tickets down at the base, and grab his stuff for his birthday party at the commissary. That will be fun next weekend!! :) I let him buy a GPS for his car...bit the bullet for that one. Oh, and our resort is PAID OFF!! :) WOOHOO!! Syl got her tickets, I'm getting mine today, so we're DONE! Just gotta get past these birthdays. Then I can really bust out into disney mode. I ordered Chris a personalized grumpy watch, and a mickey birthday gram. Hopefully he likes those. I'll take pictures of my stuff when it comes in. Hopefully it comes in before the leg braces!! But, I have no such luck, those will probably be here first LOL. Anyways....have a fun weekend....and I'll post pictures as soon as I can from tonight. We're taking Chris's good camera, so hopefully we'll get some really good ones!!

:woohoo::yay::banana: On having your trip paid off :woohoo::yay::banana:. I can't wait to see pictures from tonight. I think it would be so much fun to go there and see the jousting. I really like history of Medieval times. I bet Syl is getting excited to see ya'll, I know you are excited to see her :goodvibes. I'm sure Chris will love his stuff. Maybe all his stuff will get there first.
Have fun tonight!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TYLER:bday:party::cake:

Well today is my "get down to it" packing day. I have my bed loaded down with stuff and I am so worried that I am going to forget something :scared:. The weather is so bad here today it is bring back bad memories of last year at Disney :sad2:
I took a few pictures of my bed so I will post the mess I am working on to get us ready. I am off tomorrow, work Tuesday and Wednesday, off Thursday and we hit the road Friday.

I didn't get anything done yesterday because Amanda and I went shopping all day. She needed to get a couple of suits for work. She starts her new job tomorrow and she didn't have enough dress clothes to wear. We had a great day shopping and having lunch together; a little girl time.

I will come back later and post all my plans and updates. My stomach is in knots; I am so excited about this trip. This is the first time we have stayed 9 nights.

Yay for a little girl time! We all need some every now and then. I hope Amanda has a great first day at work. :goodvibes

I understand about the packing and such. I have so much to do myself. Can't wait to see your pics. :goodvibes

We've had some rainy weather here also and some of the downpours are very reminiscent of the rain we had last May. I don't have a problem with it being here (well except for the fact that the grass may be really high when we get home), but I've been praying for good weather for out trips!

Girls shopping trip!!! Sounds like a fun time!

Can't wait to see the packing pictures!

Have fun packing, Dana. It brings it all the closer.

Kathy I was starting to panic :scared:. I had so much stuff on my bed I didn't think I was going to get it all done, but finally I did it :yay::banana::cool1::cheer2:.

Yay for a little girl time! We all need some every now and then. I hope Amanda has a great first day at work. :goodvibes

I understand about the packing and such. I have so much to do myself. Can't wait to see your pics. :goodvibes

We really enjoyed our day shopping. We were out for 7 hours and I was exhausted when we got home.

I'm so glad I got the packing done today. I will have to pack things like makeup the day we leave, but that is not a big deal. Can't wait to get to Disney :banana::cool1::yay::woohoo:.

We've had some rainy weather here also and some of the downpours are very reminiscent of the rain we had last May. I don't have a problem with it being here (well except for the fact that the grass may be really high when we get home), but I've been praying for good weather for out trips!

Girls shopping trip!!! Sounds like a fun time!

Can't wait to see the packing pictures!

It got pretty bad around here today with tornadoes in the next county over. I'm so hoping we don't have the same weather next week. I don't mind a shower here and there, but just not all day every day.

The shopping was fun. I didn't get any clothes for me, I already had all I needed.

I washed lots of the girls clothes today. Can't wait to see your pics. And your plans-all the better to follow you around with :)

So without further ado here is what my bed looked like at the start of the packing process.

DSCF5931.jpg

DSCF5932.jpg

DSCF5933.jpg

I'm not usually easily flustered, but seeing all of this stuff made my head spin. I started getting worried that I would forget stuff we needed and I wasn't sure I would even find everything I have been buying up for the trip :eek:. I got busy putting things in the suitcases----

DSCF5934.jpg

DSCF5935.jpg

DSCF5936.jpg

So I had all of our stuff packed, got all our medical supplies, sunscreen and mole skin, camera chargers, ponchos, and the little sample stuff I have been buying up packed, and this is what I have sitting beside my bed----------

DSCF5937.jpg

DSCF5938.jpg

DSCF5939.jpg

Everything that was on my bed is packed in these bags, well everything except the boy, he wouldn't fit in any of the bags......:lmao: I left my car converter out so I won't have to dig through the bags when we are on the road. We haven't gotten our snacks yet as that will be done Thursday evening when Dale gets home. We will have to get drinks, chips, and little things to eat on the ride down. We will go to Walmart after we get to Orlando and pick up the stuff we will need there.

Yesterday, Dale took the car and had the oil changed and everything checked out. On Friday I changed our ressie at the Comfort Suites to include Friday night and I renewed our AAA membership as it was time for that. I realized today that I had one too many ADRs so I asked Dale and Dallas which one they wanted to cancel, and they said the breakfast at Chef Mickey's on Thursday the 27th. Dale said he always felt the breakfast was a rip off, on the DDP, because he doesn't think the sausage and biscuits he eats are worth what the meal costs. I, for once, had to agree with him.........shhhhhhhhhhhh :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:. Then he says, I would really like to eat at Tony's again, so I made an ADR at Tony's for Thursday at 2:15, we may end up canceling this one, and if not we will pay OOP for it.

I think we have it all settled now, with the plans in place. I'm more than ready for this trip. I can't wait to see old friends again and meet new "old" friends for the first time :banana::dance3::yay::cheer2::woohoo:.

Dana, is the wonder woman. I would have passed out looking at all of that on my bed to pack. :lmao: And it's a good thing you are driving and not flying. ;)
I forgot (it's been several pages ago) where you are dining. I agree with Dale...Chef Mickey's just hasn't lived up to the past for us the last two times we went (although I do like it better than their dinner).

I washed lots of the girls clothes today. Can't wait to see your pics. And your plans-all the better to follow you around with :)

I didn't even pack anything I washed today :rolleyes1. I do have two pairs of shorts in the laundry I may need to pack for a "just in case". I also packed some of the Purex laundry sheets. I have got to post my daily plans as I have them in my head now.........:lmao:.

Hooray for getting packed up girl! Ummm, I still have a lot to do...:rolleyes1 I'm with Dale on Chef Mickeys. I wasn't that impressed last year.

I did get the house cleaned up so I won't have to worry about that other than a quick tidying up here and there. I'm glad that's over. :sick:

See you in a little less than 6 days!! :woohoo:

Dana, is the wonder woman. I would have passed out looking at all of that on my bed to pack. :lmao: And it's a good thing you are driving and not flying. ;)
I forgot (it's been several pages ago) where you are dining. I agree with Dale...Chef Mickey's just hasn't lived up to the past for us the last two times we went (although I do like it better than their dinner).

You should see my Wonder Woman costume :lmao:. Had it not been for my ADHD meds, I don't know how I would have reacted :scared1:. My stomach was really in knots when I saw all the stuff.

I am going to post all my ADRs now. Chef Mickey's has always been Dale's favorite, so I was kinda surprised when he said to cancel it. I gave him and Dallas the option to cancel any of the ADRs made, well except for our GG ressie.

Hooray for getting packed up girl! Ummm, I still have a lot to do...:rolleyes1 I'm with Dale on Chef Mickeys. I wasn't that impressed last year.

I did get the house cleaned up so I won't have to worry about that other than a quick tidying up here and there. I'm glad that's over. :sick:

See you in a little less than 6 days!! :woohoo:

Oh girl I am soooooooo glad that is over with. I put it off way too long this time. I like CP better than CM, but Dale has always liked CM. It really did surprise me when he said to cancel that one.

I will do my house cleaning on Thursday. Amanda and Tyler will be here while we are gone so I am assuming they will keep it clean :confused3. I usually have my house in tip top shape before we leave, so if it is a mess when we get back they will have trouble :scared1:.

Looking soooooooo forward to seeing ya'll in 6 days :banana::yay:. OH, did you tell Joe about his birthday surprises?

Well, I guess it is time to post the finalized......probable.........tentative.........well this may be our plans :lmao:

Friday, May 21st, we will start the day as usual, like that is even a possibility:lmao:, and Dale will leave for work at 6am. I will get up and start getting the little thing done, like icing drinks. I am hoping Dale gets home about 10:30am and we can be on the road by 11:30am. I plan on making sandwiches for the road trip so we don't have to stop and eat along the way. If all goes well we will check in at our hotel around 9pm. There is a Flipper's Pizza next to the hotel, which is in Old Towne, and we will order from them for dinner.

Saturday, May 22nd, Comfort Suites has a good breakfast, Mickey waffles, so we will head down and eat then go to Epcot. When we get there we will renew our APs and head into the park. Epcot has become Dallas' favorite park since we have come to LOVE Soarin'. We don't have any dining plans so we will just eat what ever, likely Electric Umbrella or American Adventure. Planning on meeting up will all my Dis buddies and watching Illuminations.

Sunday, May 23rd, We will go down and eat breakfast at Comfort Suites, check out and head over the CBR to check in. I am hoping they have our room ready. If our room is ready we will go get everything unpacked and head over the AK. If it isn't ready, well don't have a plan for this scenario :scared1: , but we will come up with something. We will be at AK this day anyway as it is the day of our GG :banana::woohoo::yay:. If we aren't too tired after the GG, we will head to MK for EMH.

Monday, May 24th, We have a lunch ADR at WCC at 1pm so we will go to MK this day as it is closest to WCC. Our must dos for MK are, TTA, Buzz, Laugh Floor, SM(for Dale), Pooh, IASW, BTM, HM and PoC. We will most likely do MK several times as this is Dale's favorite park.

Tuesday, May 25th, Got to head to DHS since we didn't get to do it in September. Our must dos here are TSM, BLT, GMR, SWT, Lights, Motor, Action. We have a 5:30 ADR at 'Ohana.

Wednesday, May 26th, I think we will make this our resort day and hang out by the pool. We have an ADR at Le Cellier at 7:15pm so we don't have to rush today to do much of anything. If I need to do any laundry this will be the ideal day to do it :(.

Thursday, May 27th, This is the day we have a tentative ADR at Tony's at 2:15pm. It will most likely be a MK day. We don't follow the EMH plans too much as we will just go to what park we like the most.

Friday, May 28th, ADR for this day is Grand Floridian Cafe at 5:30pm. We LOVE this place. The food here was amazingly good last September and I can't wait to get back there again.
We have our Dis meet at 2:30pm for today so we will likely do Epcot today.

Saturday, May 29th, We have an ADR at Kona for 7:30pm. I am hoping we get to meet up with Christie today so I am open for what ever park or place that is decided.

Sunday, May 30th, it is time to head home :(. We usually head out early Am so we will have to say Good Bye to Mickey around sunrise. When we get home it will be time for me to start planning our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter