The Running Thread - 2018

ATTQOTD: I don't keep a journal anywhere. I do use the normal activity tracking things like Garmin Connect, Strava, smashrun and Runningahead.

I did use a website called RunPlan for my plan for Dopey where I could upload a spreadsheet and it than pulled in runs from Smashrun to compare what I had planned to what I ran. I did not enter anything more specific about how I felt, weather or anything like that.

Very interesting that this is today's QOTD, because my friend who joined me during my race on Sunday was telling me that I need a new sports bra. I told her that I wear the ones I wear because they're comfortable and cheap. So they work for me, even though they don't really do the job.
Because of my size, I really kind of need a very good sports bra that's incredibly constricting in terms of movement. I also hate a) spending money, and b) things that are super constricting.
I'm probably going to be in the market for a new sports bra eventually, and I'm guessing it'll take me a long time to find one that I like (and not just because they don't sell my size in most stores). Anything that works will probably be uncomfortable, and anything that is comfortable probably won't work. This will be a super fun experience.
I may have to go back to a dedicated bra store and see if they sell sports bras and get officially fitted again (I've never gotten fitted for a sports bra, but I have gotten fitted for a regular bra, and it was a pretty good experience and helped a lot).
I'm interested to see what bras people like, especially those who are on the larger side ... I'm definitely looking for ideas! (My friend recommended Moving Comfort/Brooks, so that's on my list of brands to try)

I definitely recommend the Maia Bra from Brooks/Moving Comfort. Zappos has them in some extended sizes and while they are pricey ($60ish) they are well worth it! I only wear these and have no issues with bounce or chafe during runs, soccer, volleyball, yoga, etc!

ATTQOTD:
No journal here for me, but I do have an Excel spreadsheet that tracks my workouts and more importantly my rest days!

QOTD: Do you have a journal on this site? If so, do you keep it up to date? Do you have a journal at home that is more than just data collection (Garmin connect, Strava, ect)?

No journal here. I have one elsewhere, but I'm terrible at updating it regularly. I keep telling myself I'll make a habit of doing so, but I never seem to get around to it. I would say this year is the year, but it probably isn't. ;)

On a personal note, work is crazy at the moment. I am lead on a project and people are under performing on it. I have been asked by my boss to update him on how people are doing on it, so I have. Well yesterday the rumor started that layoffs are coming. I believe I am safe at the moment, but to be over confident of that would be foolish on my part. I do feel bad for the people who are being watched as it seems they have no idea or either dont care. Trying to cover for them would also turn out bad for me, so I find myself in this weird situation that I cant say I like. The construction industry is brutal folks.

Hope things work out okay for you

ATTQOTD: I have a journal here that I update weekly, but I've only had it for one month. Shameless plug, LOL. I also use Strava, Garmin Connect and instagram (KSellers8runs) to track my runs. Garmin Connect I mainly use to keep track of my monthly mileage and shoes so I know when it is time to switch to a new pair!

Ahh!!! SO exciting!

So a few initial thoughts...
1. The price seems a little steep for non-Disney. But... "All participants will receive a participant shirt, a finisher’s medal, and Silo District Marathon socks." Somethings is intriguing about those socks... Do you have to register your sock size? Will there be additional merchandise for sale? An expo?
2. Weather is fair to warm... Avg H/L for May 6th is 83/61. Warm, but doable.
3. I wish it was a week later... this would be 3 weeks after our big vacation for the year. Would keep me motivated to run while gone, but might be hard to swing it from work.

This race is SO tempting! Definitely giving it some strong consideration.

I know! $150 for the marathon! :eek: But it all goes to charity so...maybe lol. DH is completely onboard and I am looking at guest houses on airbnb now. :)

Find one walking distance to the Dancing Bear Pub.

You’re welcome.

ATTQOTD: no journal here, just don’t know that I’m comfortable putting it all out there. I use map my run to track workouts along with a few friends. At home I have a journal that has some running data and other stuff, but mostly it’s a journal I started back in school that I’ve updated periodically throughout the years.

I started a journal here, with a goal of updating weekly. Let’s say that I’ve been more....minimalist...with my journaling? I need to be better....esp now that I am getting closer to races and it’s not just maintenance runs.

I don’t keep a journal elsewhere - I have a spreadsheet with my basic training plan, but only enter mileage, not even times at the moment. I’ve got my Garmin connect and Strava too - but nothing more than mileage and pace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter