The snow is coming!!

I work for an Assistant Principal in our school and we received the call last night at 9:45 of no school today. This is our first snow day in two years. Right now we have about 8 inches, stlll snowing and blowing like crazy. I hate shoveling snow, driving in snow and being cold! Just got an oil delivery Saturday and was hoping this would be the last $500+ bill to pay and that spring was around the corner. To all of you who were heading to the world today, my sympathies. Hopefully you will be able to get out this afternoon and think of all of us who are jealous. To those of you who are stuck down there - what better place not to be able to come home from! DH still has to go to work - if we can get the car out!

Here in NYC kids never get a snow day.

Well, I guess I have to rephrase my response to:
NYC schools hardly ever close for a snow day. They are closed today, the first time since 2004! My kids are so excited:yay:

Yeah, I heard that NYC closed... good for your kids!!!

My kids, of course, got up at their normal time and are bouncing off the walls with excitement. (My husband is less excited, as he was hoping to get some extra sleep. yeah, right honey: on a snow day with 3 kids!!!) They're counting the minutes till I let them out to play. But it's still gusting at 30-40 mph, (and still only 8:30 am)so it will be a while before I let them out.

It was 70 degrees here on Saturday ..... then Sunday it snowed! All of us in Alabama were excited (well I was anyway haha).... but I can see how it would get old!

The snow is coming down at 2 to 3 inches/hour. In between my frequent trips outside to shovel, I'll be here to remind myself of better days and to plan for our next trip.

We traveled to WDW in cold weather only once and I won't do it again. Call me crazy, but I really hated coming back to winter after the brief taste of summer. We head south only between April and Oct. so when we return home the weather is still nice.

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Let's see what happens. They were yelling 'Winter Storm Warning" all day yesterday (Sunday) and calling for 6 to 8 inches of snow here. Drove thousands of people (as usual) to the stores for bread, etc.
It's Monday morning now and we got less than an inch and now the storm is "almost over".
Appears they forgot that all the dry air aloft kept a lot of snow from hitting the ground. At least that's the explanation this morning

I wish I was there. We got about 8 inches of wind driven snow. I'm so sick of winter. It's 33 days until we start our trip, and it can't come soon enough.

No school for us in southern nh either! Cross your fingers they clear it up quick as we fly out of Manchester tomorrow at 2pm! Two days in the parks then down to visiti my parents in Naples. We better get out!
My childrens school has been closed about 9 times this winter for snow/ice storms! The days all get tacked onto the end of the school year--it will be pretty hot when they are still sitting in class the week of the 4th of July!

rbork - if you're still around stuck anywhere - Anne Arundel just canceled school for tomorrow - code red - no teachers or students! We still only have a few inches, but I guess more is coming. And 3" is about enough to cancel school here anyway! I come from hardier Buffalo stock myself, but it is what it is!

vickic, rbork and tiggerrunner-
well I'm watching the snow blow sideways up in northern Baltimore County.

A neighbor at 7 AM used a snowblower to clear his driveway and sidewalk. You can't tell he did anything right now the way it looks.
Brrrrrrrr

It better snow, i just left my poconos weekend early to come home so we weren't snowbound there.

Live in central jersey, expecting 11" - or as they say on the news a "mega storm" lol.

We decide to not go to our pocono house this weekend because of the snow.

6-10 inches here in Phila...no "official" snow day for me, however...two slippery instances in my car this morning was enough for me to make a u-turn and go back home...lol. Snow day for me too? Now it is :lmao:

lol. :goodvibes code red-stay in bed. code blue- take two.

So happy for a snow day.
got in late yesterday to BWI from JFK. horray, got out with only delays and before all the cancellations.
happy for a snow day in order to catch up on some sleep. DME picked us up at 0330 hrs yesterday morning from WL for a 0630am flight (that ended up being cancelled) Ahhhh, alas vacations over and I'm off to plow the driveway and fix the washing machine that went on the fritz the last load prior to vacation:sad2:

wow I got like nothing where I am(NE Pa)
:confused3:

kinda bummed a little

nah! you all can have it. :laughing:

glad for all those southern people who wanted snow, just wish they'd kept it all down there.

Kids were happy as can be as they were scheduled to begin their state testing today. I think they are secretly hoping for another snow day tomorrow

Same here, it's getting colder and colder. We are still in planning for our Christmas and birthday trip. For those having a trip this month, have a great time and enjoy.

Have a nice day everyone. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter