The Survivor Thread: Micronesia - Fans vs. Favorites

Whew... that was close. I almost forgot to assign bonus points. Not that it really matters, as I doubt any of them will do any of those things, but here's hoping...

I picked such a random four, but this isn't like fantasy sports where you need to be logical about your choices. All kinds of unexpected stuff happens on Survivor, so choosing randomly is probably the best way to go.

Remember, no matter when the show begins in your time zone, the Fantasy League Blackout begins in 15 minutes (8pm Eastern). If you are making any last minute trades you better get them done.

As of right now we have 13 players total. Everyone who told me they wanted to play is in. People can join later but honestly, this is way more than I expected. :thumbsup2

Good Luck! :woohoo:

Whew... that was close. I almost forgot to assign bonus points. Not that it really matters, as I doubt any of them will do any of those things, but here's hoping...

I picked such a random four, but this isn't like fantasy sports where you need to be logical about your choices. All kinds of unexpected stuff happens on Survivor, so choosing randomly is probably the best way to go.

Bonus points are big. Especially in the beginning. After the merge a lot of us will have the same players on our teams simply because they are all that's left. The points you make in the beginning make all the difference once field starts to narrow. If you nail some of the bonus points early they can put you ahead for a long time.

They used to have "says the name of their own tribe" as a bonus point category. That was my secret weapon. People said their tribe name all the time and you could grab those points 2 or 3 times an episode. I don't mind sharing that this season, because... well... it's not an option. :rotfl:

Remember, no matter when the show begins in your time zone, the Fantasy League Blackout begins in 15 minutes (8pm Eastern). If you are making any last minute trades you better get them done.

As of right now we have 13 players total. Everyone who told me they wanted to play is in. People can join later but honestly, this is way more than I expected. :thumbsup2

Good Luck! :woohoo:

Is there a way to make a league bigger than 8 people or is 8 the max?

HERE WE GO!!!
This better be good Dan kicked us off the big screen to watch we just bought Guitar Hero III and were not too happy about it :lmao:

I'm not going to spoil anything. I just have to say that what happened before the commercial break was so funny! :lmao:

I'm not going to spoil anything. I just have to say that what happened before the commercial break was so funny! :lmao:

I think I know what you are talking about and I was rolling! :rotfl:

swimmingneno said:
I need the password to the tribe :(

Password sent.

Is there a way to make a league bigger than 8 people or is 8 the max?

The private tribes are limited to 8 players each. That's the only way to group up with other people you know. We are getting around the limit by opening multiple tribes and then combining the scores here (unless someone has a better idea). I'm not sure why they limited it to 8 but it's always been that way. You can join a public tribe and get randomly placed with 100 other players.

Not going to say anything juicy, cause I am not sure when the 3-hr rule ends, but... YAYYY!!

its over. Egad doc... I called that now didnt I. Of course not why I expected he could go first ROFL

i expected it, but not TODAY!

I figured the guys I picked would at least win the team challenge this week! (5 minutes left, dont shoot me! I couldnt hold it in any longer!)

So was it the line "You tackled me Yua-man" that everyone else thought was so funny? The way Jonny said it, like the move hurt his feelings or something, was hilarious to me.

I think Jon Dalton knew he couldn't be "Jonny Fairplay" this time. He was even talking about Fairplay in the third person, isolating that character from himself. I still don't know if the bit about his kid was sincere. It could be that instead of pulling one over on this tribemates, this time he tried to pull one over on all of us. Both of the alliances were trying to get him to do their dirty work because that's what "Fairplay" does. He probably knew (maybe even before he got on the island) that he didn't have a good shot at the million. He had a choice of playing out the "Fairplay" character or really flip things up and try to go out as a good guy. He tried to play Jenna Morasca and, IMHO, it doesn't suit him.

There have been rumors for several seasons that Propst may be quitting. Do you think Fairplay's gambit could have been to position him for that job?

The blackout is over but the scores haven't been posted on CBS.com yet. When I post our combined leaderboard do you want to see who everybody chose for their team this week? I know you can see that for your tribe but not for the other one.

Also, last night's ep is on CBS.com already (free).

well I thought it was a really lame council, but I can see its still going to be a great season. Did Fairplay really expect sympathy for being tackled and pushed aside by an old man ROFL.

I cant remember my team for sure, I sense alot of kissing bonus points this year ROFL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter