The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Odds of the refurb being doing by June 2025?? Thoughts?

So we're thinking we'll probably go in June 2025. If the refurb is done and has a murphy in the 1-bedroom, we'd probably want to book that (if we can swing it, points-wise.)

But if the refurb isn't likely done, we'll just book a studio. (This is because our son can't sleep in a room without a parent for safety reasons and neither my husband and I want to sleep on the current pull-out couch.)

Booking for June 2025 is going to sneak up on me this summer (especially since we're also going June this year) so I just want to have an idea of which room type I'm going to want to go for.
The referb is starting in October and will be complete in May of 25. It’s going to be a pretty quick refresh. They are adding Murphy beds, replacing the carpet with identical carpet, doing new curtains and mattresses and a fresh coat of white paint on the walls. The kitchens and bathrooms are not receiving much work. Only repairs, as needed

The referb is starting in October and will be complete in May of 25. It’s going to be a pretty quick refresh. They are adding Murphy beds, replacing the carpet with identical carpet, doing new curtains and mattresses and a fresh coat of white paint on the walls. The kitchens and bathrooms are not receiving much work. Only repairs, as needed
So no lighting upgrade like the cash rooms? No shower upgrades?

So no lighting upgrade like the cash rooms? No shower upgrades?
VGC is due for a hard goods refurbishment, so I think it will probably be upgraded. I think there were some pictures of test rooms that had the murphy bed installed, but I think they might have been testing the layout while still planning other elements of the refurbishment. It didn't seem like they did much in those rooms.

A quick refresh? I thought it was getting a full refurbishment this time around. Is that not correct? Where are you getting all of these details? What you're describing sounds like what they've been doing for the soft goods refurbishments in other DVC resorts and not the full refurb like they did at BRV, for example. Maybe I'm misunderstanding since I'm still fairly new to DVC.

VGC is due for a hard goods refurbishment, so I think it will probably be upgraded. I think there were some pictures of test rooms that had the murphy bed installed, but I think they might have been testing the layout while still planning other elements of the refurbishment. It didn't seem like they did much in those rooms.

Any idea where I can find those pics? I've only seen one of a murphy bed with a blue couch that was put into one room.

Where did you find this information?

Any idea where I can find those pics? I've only seen one of a murphy bed with a blue couch that was put into one room.
That might've been the picture. I don't remember where I saw it. It was just a murphy bed/couch, everything else looked the same. One possibly reason was that the couch might've needed to be replaced immediately and they just placed the Murphy bed in.

If that’s true, thats junk! Another case for CA DVC getting the shaft! The wood around the tub in 4508 last month very water worn and junky. The jets didn’t work. The plug was really wobbly and hard to get down. The kitchen cabinets were pretty beat up. The dishwasher was SO loud and rattly. I wasn’t too concerned knowing the refurb was coming. These pieces aren’t made to last 30+ years if they get skipped this (late) hard good refurb!

On Thursday you were wondering if DVC was going to release any more info on the VGC refurb. Where did you find this info? AFAIK nothing has been shared.

On Thursday you were wondering if DVC was going to release any more info on the VGC refurb. Where did you find this info? AFAIK nothing has been shared.
Perhaps there is a 1 bedroom and a studio that has already gotten the referb… perhaps. 😉

Well, if they aren't doing a full refurb, which is sounds like is truly needed....I hope everyone contacts member services or whatever to express disappointment.

But hopefully those 2 rooms that are supposedly "done" are just partially done or something.

Honestly, without pictures or an actual reliable source.....I'll just wait and see what really happens.

Why does it look like people are walking studios in January? Is there something going on in January 2025??

Ah. Thanks. I forgot about those. I bet you're right. I'm going to be booking a "back up" trip for February 2025 and had no plans to walk it so hopefully we'll be okay. When we bought our contract, I had not anticipated studios being hard to get at the 11-month mark so this is a bit disappointing to see.

Perhaps there is a 1 bedroom and a studio that has already gotten the referb… perhaps. 😉
Perhaps the one shown a few posts above where they were testing the murphy beds? And that's why the carpet etc was the same?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter