The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Curious if there are any updated photos that could be added to thread since the ones in the first post don't load anymore.?

If I'm in a studio and need to do laundry - do I have to pay?

VGC is currently having issues with their laundry situation. They don’t have the laundry cards which can be loaded. We were in a studio for race weekend a couple weeks ago and had to pay for laundry. We were told they would reimburse, but I don’t think that actually happened.

VGC is currently having issues with their laundry situation. They don’t have the laundry cards which can be loaded. We were in a studio for race weekend a couple weeks ago and had to pay for laundry. We were told they would reimburse, but I don’t think that actually happened.

That's a bummer. We won't be there until June. Thankfully I only plan to do 1 or 2 loads so if I end up having to pay, oh well, I guess. Still annoying though!

Odds of the refurb being doing by June 2025?? Thoughts?

So we're thinking we'll probably go in June 2025. If the refurb is done and has a murphy in the 1-bedroom, we'd probably want to book that (if we can swing it, points-wise.)

But if the refurb isn't likely done, we'll just book a studio. (This is because our son can't sleep in a room without a parent for safety reasons and neither my husband and I want to sleep on the current pull-out couch.)

Booking for June 2025 is going to sneak up on me this summer (especially since we're also going June this year) so I just want to have an idea of which room type I'm going to want to go for.

Odds of the refurb being doing by June 2025?? Thoughts?

So we're thinking we'll probably go in June 2025. If the refurb is done and has a murphy in the 1-bedroom, we'd probably want to book that (if we can swing it, points-wise.)

But if the refurb isn't likely done, we'll just book a studio. (This is because our son can't sleep in a room without a parent for safety reasons and neither my husband and I want to sleep on the current pull-out couch.)

Booking for June 2025 is going to sneak up on me this summer (especially since we're also going June this year) so I just want to have an idea of which room type I'm going to want to go for.
1 bedrooms are available for longer. I’d book a studio to be safe and then switch if you get more info to the contrary.

Thanks. That's probably a good plan. I assumed the 1-bedroom went just as fast since there are so few. Knowing how construction goes...I'm guessing being done by June next year may not be very likely unless they actually start on them earlier than the rumored October.

Thanks. That's probably a good plan. I assumed the 1-bedroom went just as fast since there are so few. Knowing how construction goes...I'm guessing being done by June next year may not be very likely unless they actually start on them earlier than the rumored October.
https://www.dvchelp.com/page/the-villas-at-grand-californian-hotel-availability-charts

In June it looks like you need to book at 11m… whereas with the 1BD you have until the 9m and the 2BD was 8m in most cases.

Rule of DVC: Cheaper rooms always go first.

Last edited:
The plates & silverware in a studio are all disposable. The fridge is an under the counter model, with a small freezer compartment, it is maybe 4” or so in height, I have put 16-oz Water bottles in there to freeze, as well as portable ice packs.

Can I assume that all studio villas have the fridge with the small freezer? Or do you think some could just be the beverage cooler type fridge? (That's what we had in our regular hotel room at the Grand last year.) Just wondering if I should bring my little RV sized ice cube trays to make some ice to put in my water bottle each morning or if I shouldn't bother.

Can I assume that all studio villas have the fridge with the small freezer? Or do you think some could just be the beverage cooler type fridge? (That's what we had in our regular hotel room at the Grand last year.) Just wondering if I should bring my little RV sized ice cube trays to make some ice to put in my water bottle each morning or if I shouldn't bother.
I’ve always had a fridge with the small freezer in the studios, but someone posted after me that they’d had just a regular fridge. I’ve never seen a beverage cooler in a DVC studio; those beverage coolers do seem to be the standard in the regular hotel rooms.

Disney seems to have stopped replacing broken mini fridges with new mini fridges across all resorts at both DLR and WDW. When a minifrige breaks, it gets replaced by a beverage cooler, full stop.

So nothing is a guarantee anymore on that front.

My studio at VGC last month had a mini fridge. Nah I wouldn’t bother making ice. Just ask for free iced water (or just a cup of ice) at any quick service counter in the parks.

Or just go to the ice machine?

Ice machine ice gives me major ick. Ha! I just made ice with bottled water during out June 2022 trip (but we stayed off site) and it worked really well for me.

How far in advance will I be able to see which parks have EE? We're never up early so we won't use them. But I already made our park reservations for June and didn't see which days will be EE in each park.

Easiest way to remember is that Disneyland has EE on days that have a "t" in it. (Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday) and DCA has EE on days that does not have a "t" in it.

It is the only way I was ever able to remember! :)

Easiest way to remember is that Disneyland has EE on days that have a "t" in it. (Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday) and DCA has EE on days that does not have a "t" in it.

It is the only way I was ever able to remember! :)
That's good to know! 👍

My room this weekend is a mini fridge. I didn’t use the freezer portion but I felt like my water and soda weren’t really that cold in the fridge. I felt like my room was falling apart a bit so I didn’t really think too much of anything in the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter