• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Third US case of coronavirus confirmed in OC

I am concerned that my husband will simply not be allowed to enter this country so soon after being in South Korea. If that happens, we will just push his visit back a few weeks. No big deal.

What concerns me MORE is him being exposed to this virus while en route, either at the airport or on the plane, and not knowing. I am worried he will bring that virus here and unknowingly infect our family. It's an awful conundrum.

He may well be asked to voluntarily isolate for two weeks. My friends parents came back from a trip in Asia. They were never in China or Hong Kong but did pass through Vietnam and Japan. They were able to return but were asked to self-isolate at home.

Of course if the situation in South Korea continues to worsen the recommendations will change to requirements.

You are completely disregarding the fact that they know that there are people who test positive and NEVER show symptoms and who were simply tested due to proximity to confirmed cases. Based on that information it's more likely that the mortality rate is lower and the actual case rate much higher due to cases that are never diagnosed.

For people who are anxious about this virus I really strongly recommend that you stop looking for articles and start looking at original sources from places like the CDC and the WHO. News sites make their money off you clicking on dramatic headlines.

I'm not clicking on clickbait articles. I am reading medical papers.

But, yes, you are right. There are many people who are never tested because their symptoms are mild. But that also means there are more carriers than we know.

He may well be asked to voluntarily isolate for two weeks. My friends parents came back from a trip in Asia. They were never in China or Hong Kong but did pass through Vietnam and Japan. They were able to return but were asked to self-isolate at home.

Of course if the situation in South Korea continues to worsen the recommendations will change to requirements.

He will only be here for a week, then has to return to Japan. I mean, he would be okay with self isolating at home, but he won't be able to extend his stay here by another week.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

You know what this is the second post like this in a few days - I am going to post a different opinion - Yes, stay away, everyone stay away from Disneyland due to this deadly virus. Especially between April 25th and May 3rd so my daughter and I can have the park to ourselves!!

Good point. Yes, you really really should stay home. Very dangerous. Brr.

I think it’s also important to remember DL isn’t the only place that brings international travel. Universities are a great example of this and you can find them all over the country.

I get it, it freaks me out too. I work at a university and we’ve been getting constant health updates about this. Two of my students missed the first five weeks of the semester because they were quarantined.

Not to say DL wouldn’t be a ripe place for this to spread but an international traveler could easily visit another place, like a mall or a school, and it could spread fast too.

A close friend of mine teaches English in China and she said the American media really has been blowing this up. There’s been plenty of sensationalism going on like other posters have mentioned.

Ultimately it’s your choice but I would personally go for it and just be cautious with handwashing, etc.

You are completely disregarding the fact that they know that there are people who test positive and NEVER show symptoms and who were simply tested due to proximity to confirmed cases. Based on that information it's more likely that the mortality rate is lower and the actual case rate much higher due to cases that are never diagnosed.

For people who are anxious about this virus I really strongly recommend that you stop looking for articles and start looking at original sources from places like the CDC and the WHO. News sites make their money off you clicking on dramatic headlines.
Here here!!

SO much fake news out there. It doesn’t take long on Twitter to throw yourself in a tailspin of fake news that will lead to poor decision making on your part. I’m watching official stuff too, reading some news until it freaks me out and then I talk to medical professional friends who talk me down out of the tree of terror with their common sense.

if something changes for the worst sure I won’t go. Am I about to cancel a trip to Disney right now when nobody in the US has caught the disease without traveling to China or having close personal contact with someone who did? Nope.

I’m not bashing those who are cancelling their trips right now. You do you. But make sure what you’re reading to base your decisions on passes the common sense test.

Last edited:
We officially have it here, in our small community in Northern California. I work in the hospital where it was diagnosed. I’d rather be in Disneyland

https://lostcoastoutpost.com/2020/feb/20/breaking-humboldt-county-resident-diagnosed-novel/
Today’s update says it’s from 2 people who traveled to Mainland China and took the precautions they were supposed to upon returning home so there is some good news for you guys :( https://lostcoastoutpost.com/2020/feb/21/coronavirus-update-community-not-risk-says-county/

He will only be here for a week, then has to return to Japan. I mean, he would be okay with self isolating at home, but he won't be able to extend his stay here by another week.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.
Thoughts for your fam! Sounds like you have some tough decisions ahead of you :(

It sounds like the Korea training my husband is supposed to attend won't be happening. I hope they cancel it! One less thing for me to worry about. As of now it's still on but they are becoming more and more concerned and are apparently just waiting for the Koreans to call it.

I'm heading to Disneyland this weekend, with pass expiring on the 13th I'm debating to renew. I fear this virus might fully outbreak by then

Yes. This is a virus like many viruses that surround us all the time. Most people will get cold symptoms if they get sick at all. Immune compromised people, people in ill health, elderly/very young are more at risk, but that is the case with the Flu and RSV and all of the other viruses going around right now.

Wash your hands well, try not to touch your face, wash your hands some more.... Go to your doctor if you are having respiratory distress...

We were in the parks yesterday and guests appeared to be relaxed. Saw -0- people wearing face masks. As a group of Asian Americans, no other guests appeared to be concerned about sharing ‘air space’ with us.

We frequently washed our hands and used wipes prior to eating. Practicing good hygiene is a must-do at this time.

Absolutely. We had our first unknown case. 90 miles from me. I am still more fearful of Norovirus at Disneyland than COVID-19. I will keep washing my hands, especially before eating, I will use wipes on tables at Disneyland before eating as we usually do, and I will keep using my inhalers to keep myself as healthy as I can. And I am not going to live my life in fear.

Honestly, I'm more worried about those killer bees! Yowza!

Visiting SoCal for the first time in 3 weeks. (!) I'll be just as vulnerable there as I will at home when every spring breaker returns to our local schools and business.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter