This is Us- Season four

I thought Rebecca looked older in the bed this time at the end. Also that that was not the boy we saw in the first flash forward but could be wrong

I thought the same thing and immediately went back to that season finale. Randall's clothes were exactly the same.

The child was hmmm. But it could be casting issues. But that doesn't make sense since one would think they would film those scenes one time and split them up, even though it was two different seasons. Since they have planned out right to the series finale.

Who knows.

Last edited:
I have said this before. Still wondering if Kate has passed away.

Their marriage was still rolling years in because Kate is playing with Jack in the studio garage fast forward (although they could still break up after that, of course.)

Toby has no connection to Kevin's home. Since Kate and Kevin are like glue that would never happen. And Toby seems somewhat distanced from the family. That is obvious.

The "they're on their way" could be the two kids not Kate and Jack.

But the two things that give me hope are the kids would not come on their own unless they were driving age (unless they are coming with cousins for some strange reason, since it was said to Randall). But driving alone would mean the fast forward would be at least fifteen years forward. And if Kate died would Toby say "Thanks for including me."? Maybe. Maybe not. Hmmm.

I can't believe I am hoping Toby and Kate are split up, so that she is still alive. Sigh. I can't figure out any other possibility.

Plus, a poster up thread said that there have been subtle memory clues in a few episodes. I don’t remember for certain, but I’m pretty sure we didn’t have discussions on whether or not Rebecca could have dementia. It was just a little, not worth thinking about thing.

Oh no. We had quite a few discussions seasons back. :drinking1

So much so that a poster called some of us crazy. Or overly dramatic.

Also, there was a new poster at the time that was quite slung at, so much so that I stepped in (because she was new to the thread and I didn't want her to disappear). I hope she is still here.

I didn't think it from memory loss per se as irrational thought process and personality change are even bigger signs. I knew it hands down and back around when Randall and Tess were having stress and aversion to actually seeing the person. I have seen that sentiment play out multiple times.

Last edited:
I was actually wondering if Nicky marries the military woman, can't think of her name yet. I don't see how Nicky and Rebecca get together considering what she is going through.
I think the kids we see are Madison's and Kevin's. They look about 10/12, so he would be 50/52. I'm 52 and if I didn't die my hair I would have greys lol. As to whether or not he marries Madison, not sure if I buy that, but he does say his finance is having morning sickness. Still could be Sophie.

I have said this before. Still wondering if Kate has passed away.

Their marriage was still rolling years in because Kate is playing with Jack in the studio garage fast forward (although they could still break up after that, of course.)

Toby has no connection to Kevin's home. Since Kate and Kevin are like glue that would never happen. And Toby seems somewhat distanced from the family. That is obvious.

The "they're on their way" could be the two kids not Kate and Jack.

But the two things that give me hope are the kids would not come on their own unless they were driving age (unless they are coming with cousins for some strange reason, since it was said to Randall). But driving alone would mean the fast forward would be at least fifteen years forward. And if Kate died would Toby say "Thanks for including me."? Maybe. Maybe not. Hmmm.

I can't believe I am hoping Toby and Kate are split up, so that she is still alive. Sigh. I can't figure out any other possibility.
I've also wondered if Kate has passed away.

I LOVED this episode! I'm sure I will watch it multiple times.

I hope Kevin and Madison do get together. - He did say he'd have a wife and child by his 40th birthday, right? (And I agree that we saw army lady and Sophie as a good-bye.) I also kind of love that there's another set of twins in the family.

I think Nicky is wearing a fake ring because Rebecca thinks he's Jack. :sad:

The fight between the boys was epic, and I'm even madder at Randall right now than I was before. - But maybe it pushed Kevin into going "all in," which I think is a good thing.

I dunno why they spent so much time showing us Madison Dr. Daughter and horse
I'm confused about horse guy. Who was he? Why did we see him so much?

I think some of it was to keep us guessing/throw us off, and some was for the line passed on to Madison:

I feel like the horse scene with Sadie taming the horse was paralleled to Kevin's life. He really isn't a lemon. He's been chasing a ghost and is going to stop running from it. The doctor's comment about giving him a chance to prove it, or whatever he said.

A huge part of the theme of this show has always been how we are all connected, and how much influence we have without even knowing it.

Last edited:
Kate and Toby did not come see their new grandchild, either, at least what we were allowed to see.

Kate and Toby did not come see their new grandchild, either, at least what we were allowed to see.

I'm hoping, storyline wise, that it's just because they live farther away than his sister, and couldn't get there as quickly.

Practicality-wise, I think the reason Kate is never shown in the future is because she loses the weight, so the same actress can't play her right now.

Speaking of Kate, does anyone think one-year-old Kate and teenage Kate have an uncanny similarity to their...faces/expressions/something?

I really admire the casting people for this show! - You can tell they took their time and looked around and worked hard to get it right.

I'm hoping, storyline wise, that it's just because they live farther away than his sister, and couldn't get there as quickly.

Practicality-wise, I think the reason Kate is never shown in the future is because she loses the weight, so the same actress can't play her right now.

I was thinking both of these things. First, they may not all live in close proximity to each other.

I also wondered if future Kate is much thinner and can't be shown yet. I hope she is not dead.

Does Chrissy Metz wear padding? If she is she could play future Kate. I know the actress is overweight, but I didn't know if she as overweight as she is on the show.

Speaking of Kate, does anyone think one-year-old Kate and teenage Kate have an uncanny similarity to their...faces/expressions/something?

I really admire the casting people for this show! - You can tell they took their time and looked around and worked hard to get it right.
My husband and I were discussing the reasons that Toby and Kate aren't there for the birth of their first grandchild but I didn't think that Kate losing the weight could be the reason. This makes perfect sense since we heard early in the show that the character was going to lose weight, I believe from the actress. And the birth scenes have to be at least 10-15 years farther ahead of the death scenes, since Jack and Kevin's kids by Madison are less than 2 years apart.

Does Chrissy Metz wear padding? If she is she could play future Kate. I know the actress is overweight, but I didn't know if she as overweight as she is on the show.

I don't think she wears padding. Unless she wears it IRL. I have seen her on talk shows and award shows and she looks the same way she does on the show. Now if she were loosing weight for the show and they wanted it to be a shocking surprise, they may have her wear a fat suit in public to hide the fact that she is losing weight,

Chrissy Metz said early in she was contractually obligated to lose weight; she never said how much. (I just looked up a recent interview and it mentions that the contract never specified a goal weight.) There have been photos showing the padding Chris Sullivan has worn for filming. Based on personal interviews discussing body positivity and healthy weight loss, I do not believe Chrissy would wear padding in public for this role.

edited for spelling

I sincerely hope Kate is alive.

But Toby and her are not together if she has not passed away.

Well at least I can't compute Toby's words without them being separated or divorced.

was actually wondering if Nicky marries the military woman

Now that is interesting. She really did seem to connect to him right away. Who knows if it could become romantic. Interesting.

I have always thought Cassidy? was emotionally linked to the song somehow -----

Could a stranger ever end up being you?

I found my way to you.

The song was written for the show. I think by Mandy Moore's husband.

(I originally thought Kevin was simply a catalyst to get her to connect back to her family - emotionally.)

Why would they consult Miguel? Miguel is living with Rebecca and didn't even recognize there was a problem. That's pathetic.

I can't even explain to you how completely unjust this take on Miguel is regarding dementia, and recognizing it.

At the least *pathetic* is harsh and totally without compassion.

I have experienced multiple loved ones with dementia. And have watched people in the same household process differently.

Often one would think that those closest in proximity would be on it first. Actually there are barriers to that.

If it is memory, suddenly the loved one remembers multiple conversations and events with such clarity and ease. So one thinks "no issue" has been proven in those moments.

If it is irrational thought process, suddenly the loved one is right on the ball.

If it is personality change, the one in proximity might compute they've annoyed them or they are simply having a bad day.

And then there is this --- loving someone and being human. Especially with men. Especially with a beloved wife. The brain simply can't compute that they are forever losing the love of their lives slowly and horribly. The devastation of even a second of that thought can fool a brain in an instant.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter