This is Us- Season four

Wait, what? We’re actually entertaining the idea that Dr. K stole Kyle??

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
Someone up-thread threw it out there as a possibility. I'm not seriously entertaining it, but I did find it odd that they gave so much screen time/development to the OB and his horse taming. I mean, I had an OB who was a rock star, in my eyes, but I don't know and don't care about his personal life.

Rebecca was 30 when she had the big three around 1980.

if that really is 2045 that means Kevin was having kids well into his 50s. Those kids wouldn’t be with Sophie or Cassidy since they are the same age as Kevin. Unless they adopted. I think Madison is a bit younger but not by too much. And could Rebecca have lived 25 years with Alzheimer’s ??

I’m thinking it’s 2030 or so.

Someone up-thread threw it out there as a possibility. I'm not seriously entertaining it, but I did find it odd that they gave so much screen time/development to the OB and his horse taming. I mean, I had an OB who was a rock star, in my eyes, but I don't know and don't care about his personal life.
To me it was all about connections and themes that are carried throughout the show like the lemons comments. The connection here is to Kevin, the horse being symbolic to his life and the OB being the conduit to Madison to deliver the same message that his daughter had about the horse. Sadie, the girl, is someone we might see again. Someone noticed that Jack's dog is named Sadie.

Possibly Jack had therapeutic riding at that horse farm over the years.

Maybe. My head hurts. First Randall becomes somewhat annoying. Now Sterling K. is playing with our minds. :laughing:;)

if that really is 2045 that means Kevin was having kids well into his 50s. Those kids wouldn’t be with Sophie or Cassidy since they are the same age as Kevin. Unless they adopted. I think Madison is a bit younger but not by too much. And could Rebecca have lived 25 years with Alzheimer’s ??

Is it Alzheimer's or some other form of dementia?

i believe they doctor said dementia that will lead to Alzheimer’s ? I know they mentioned Alzheimer’s before.
Alzheimer's can't really be diagnosed until after death I know other dementia gets lumped in.. Although symptoms along with rate of decline can provide valuable clues.

Alzheimer's can't really be diagnosed until after death I know other dementia gets lumped in.. Although symptoms along with rate of decline can provide valuable clues.
They did a CT scan and based on Rebecca’s memory test results plus the CT scan (the results appointment that everyone was sure Kevin wouldn’t be responsible enough to take his mom to), I believe the diagnosis was something like “cognitive decline that will likely lead to Alzheimer’s.”

This. My mom had dementia--not Alzheimer's--and she declined very rapidly. Diagnosed in Sept. and died in May. With Alzheimer's, the decline is much slower. Living 20 years is unusual, but 10 years with it is pretty common. DH's uncle had it, he lasted for several years and died at 82 or so.

I don't think Dr. K stole Kyle. I don't want to be morbid, but I'm sure Rebecca and Jack held the baby and then buried him. Unless we start to see flashbacks where Rebecca says I wish we looked at him and we realize they never did see Kyle, then maybe I'll suspect Dr. K of stealing him.

My friend's mother was diagnosed with Alzheimers when she was 70 and passed away at age 96. The last 6 years were horrifying, and my friend was cursing the fact that her mother was so physically healthy. So yes, while rare, some people DO live a quarter century with this disease.

I think it’s just another character to weave into the show. We had an episode in season one or two that showed quite a bit of the couple that eventually gave the crockpot to Jack and Rebecca.

Maybe the clinical trial did some good for Rebecca which allowed her to live longer. Maybe that's why Kevin seems to have forgiven Randall.

Maybe Rebecca goes to the clinical trial and the results are great and she does live a long time longer.

I don’t think the OB/horse guy is Kyle🤣. I’m wondering if he becomes closer to Madison, and while Kevin is the twins father and is an active parent, the doctor becomes Madison’s husband/partner.

But even then Tess didn’t look to be in her 40s in the flashback. If it were 2045 she’d be about 40. She looked 30 to me.

And would Kevin have kids at 55+ or so? The woman would have to be around 20 years younger than him.

But even then Tess didn’t look to be in her 40s in the flashback. If it were 2045 she’d be about 40. She looked 30 to me.

And would Kevin have kids at 55+ or so? The woman would have to be around 20 years younger than him.

Doesn’t that sound like Kevin? LOL

*the Kevin from season one

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter