Hello. My family had a trip booked for last summer that was cancelled due to Covid. 3 of us had 7-day park hopper plus tickets, and 1 of us had a 3-day park hopper plus ticket. (She wasn't going to be able to stay longer because of work.) I purchased the tickets from ******************. Not as a a part of any package.

It's now looking like we will try to return in September. But this time, all four of us will be going for 5 days. So I have 3 tickets with two extra days on them, and one ticket that needs to add two days.

(1) As for the tickets with extra days, I'm sure we'll go back again. But these tickets technically expire in late September. And we wouldn't be going back until sometime in 2022. Will I be able to use the extra days in the future? What steps would I need to take to make that happen?

(2) As for the ticket that needs to add two days, I understand that, in the before times, you just went to guest services at some point during your trip and had them add days. But that was before it was necessary to make park reservations in advance. How would I go about adding days now, so that I can make park reservations for that person? Would I do that through Disney, or through ******************?

(3) Is there any chance that I could transfer days from one of our tickets to another?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1. No.
2. Check with @Robo but I don't think there's a way to do it for expired tickets.
3. No.

Thanks. To clarify, the tickets are not yet expired. They expire on September 22. We plan to go in early September. So the tickets will not be expired when we go there, but they will expire soon after.

So it sounds like I will just lose the extra days from the three tickets that have them, and I cannot transfer some of those days to the ticket that needs them. (Someone please let me know if they think that might not be right.)

But as for question (2), the ticket is not yet expired, and will not be expired when I use it. How do I go about adding extra days to it in advance? If it helps, the place from which I purchased the tickets has the initials UT.

You should be able to add to the 3-day ticket by calling WDW. Note that you will need to "reset" that ticket with a new start date and there will be a new end date (no longer the 9/26/2021 extension), paying whatever extra is necessary to bring it up to current value plus the 2 extra days.

As for the 7-day tickets... the best you can hope for is to ask nicely at Guest Relations. Typically unused days are lost once the ticket expires. I would go into with that expectation. However, I have heard of a couple instances where someone was able to get remaining days shifted to a new ticket for use in the future. Whether that was rare pixie dust, or standard pandemic response, I don't know.

Good luck!

Can I use my 5 day tickets purchased in 2013 on any day? Since different days have different prices? Thanks

Can I use my 5 day tickets purchased in 2013 on any day? Since different days have different prices? Thanks
Are they completely unused? If so, you can use them according to the original terms. See the ticket sticky for more details.
VALUE of EXPIRED TICKETS:
Tickets currently being sold will expire if not first-used on or before: "Unknown"

However, if this ticket is never used by a guest and allowed to expire,
the purchase price of the ticket is not "lost" to the guest.
The unused and expired ticket can be turned in at WDW and its original purchase price can be applied to the purchase of a new ticket.

If a multi-day MYW ticket was purchased before Feb. 12, 2017, as long as the ticket has not been used to enter any park gate, it is considered "unused" and remains valid forever with no expiration date.

Are you able to link them to MDE and book park reservations? I believe you should, but I'm not sure if anyone has tried using tickets that old since the re-opening/park reservations. Please let us know if it works.

Last edited:

Can anyone explain what’s going on in this thread? Basically FL Residents are seeing days added back to our tickets. Trying to decide if I need to make plans to use the extra days now or should I just wait in case it’s a glitch?
I am interested in knowing as well, any updates?

Are you able to link them to MDE and book park reservations? I believe you should, but I'm not sure if anyone has tried using tickets that old since the re-opening/park reservations. Please let us know if it works.
I was able to link my 10-day tix originally purchased in 2011 to MDE, then book park reservations for all 10 days. I did it last year for trip this spring. There were no restrictions on pricing at all. Tix worked according to original terms as PP said.

We have a trip planned 12/30/21 - 1/7/22. If I purchase 7 or 8 day park hopper tickets, would I be able to upgrade them to Gold APs toward the end of my trip - if Disney begins selling them again - even though the park hoppers were used used during the Gold AP blackout period?

Our previous APs expired right before the shutdown, during the 30 day renewal window, so there is a tiny chance I could renew them under the AP recovery program (if I got lucky). It's tempting to try - since we'll probably take another trip in 2022 and who knows when or if AP's will return - but then I couldn't use them for the first few days of our trip. I'm thinking the best bet would be to buy park hoppers now and upgrade at the end of our trip, if that is permitted.

We have a trip planned 12/30/21 - 1/7/22. If I purchase 7 or 8 day park hopper tickets, would I be able to upgrade them to Gold APs toward the end of my trip - if Disney begins selling them again - even though the park hoppers were used used during the Gold AP blackout period?

Our previous APs expired right before the shutdown, during the 30 day renewal window, so there is a tiny chance I could renew them under the AP recovery program (if I got lucky). It's tempting to try - since we'll probably take another trip in 2022 and who knows when or if AP's will return - but then I couldn't use them for the first few days of our trip. I'm thinking the best bet would be to buy park hoppers now and upgrade at the end of our trip, if that is permitted.
Pre-COVID-19, that was allowed. I’ve read multiple posts about doing that - upgrade before close of business on the last day you’re there or on the day you use the last day on the ticket. Hopefully it will be allowed if/when APs come back. (You may already be aware that the AP year start will be the first day you use the original ticket, not the day you upgrade.)

Pre-COVID-19, that was allowed. I’ve read multiple posts about doing that - upgrade before close of business on the last day you’re there or on the day you use the last day on the ticket. Hopefully it will be allowed if/when APs come back. (You may already be aware that the AP year start will be the first day you use the original ticket, not the day you upgrade.)
Thank you. That is good to know, though I realize that many rules have changed - and continue to change - as a result of Covid. I am aware of the issue regarding the start date, which was what confused me. The AP start date would be during the pass's blackout period.

I bought 2 tickets for my kids back in Feb, planning a May date. That got canceclled. We were going to pick up the tickets that day. I have a confirmation number. When I go to make park ressies now for Oct, it says they don't have tickets. In My Plans I see them, with tickets. When I put in the confirmation number to link them, it says already linked. Like an endless loop. What to do??

I bought 2 tickets for my kids back in Feb, planning a May date. That got canceclled. We were going to pick up the tickets that day. I have a confirmation number. When I go to make park ressies now for Oct, it says they don't have tickets. In My Plans I see them, with tickets. When I put in the confirmation number to link them, it says already linked. Like an endless loop. What to do??
What are the expiration dates on the tickets? If they expire in May, then you can't make October park reservations with them.

Did you go in and cancel the park reservations for the original May trip? If not, it may appear that the tickets cannot be used to make park reservations because you already have reservations linked to those tickets.

What are the expiration dates on the tickets? If they expire in May, then you can't make October park reservations with them.
Just one day ticket, so not used/not expired? When I go in My Plans and it shows people I manage/linked to it shows them as having a ticket- the little blue icon is bold.

Just one day ticket, so not used/not expired? When I go in My Plans and it shows people I manage/linked to it shows them as having a ticket- the little blue icon is bold.
That 1-day ticket was only valid for that single day in May and has expired. You will need change the ticket to an October date before you can make October park reservations, paying any difference necessary for the new date.

A 1-day ticket is only valid for admission on the day for which it was originally purchased. If the date has not passed yet, then the ticket can usually be changed to another date in MDE. If the day has passed, then the ticket can no longer be alter by you and eventually disappears from MDE. However, Disney ticketing can change the date for you and charge you for the difference in price (if there is one) even if you can't see it in MDE anymore. You will have to call in order to get it changed before you can make those October park reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter