To Infinity and Beyond - Becoming a Better DopeyBadger (Comments Welcome)

Loving the house! The shade of green and the color of the stacked stone really work together.

We live in an HOA so everything we do has to go under a microscope. Although our latest landscape project was quickly done during all the chaos and upheaval while the builder was turning over the HOA to the residents :rolleyes1

Loving the house! The shade of green and the color of the stacked stone really work together.

We live in an HOA so everything we do has to go under a microscope. Although our latest landscape project was quickly done during all the chaos and upheaval while the builder was turning over the HOA to the residents :rolleyes1

Thanks! We've got a "covenants" that we have to follow, but we've checked the boxed off on that. But I totally get trying to slip something by.

THE Chicago Marathon Weather Update!

It's one day early (11 days to go!), but I couldn't help myself. The weather forecast using the "Chicago Loop" weather station.

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 9.01.36 AM.png

9/27/18 - T+D of around 105, maybe cloudy, maybe rain

Well I guess I can't say much about the weather. But tomorrow maybe some more info. But you can see the "pressure" is increasing and as you can see earlier in the week (9/29) when the pressure increases normally the dew point and temps drop. So we'll see.

But with weather forecasts comes....

2018 Chicago Marathon Prediction Contest!

**READ AS THERE IS A TWIST**

Alright posters and lurkers, let's play a prediction game! It's one of my favorite things to do pre-race. It's also something I do with everyone else on their training plans. Go through the process on deciding race day goals and pacing strategies all based around a possible finish time. I want to hear from everyone. I'd like to hear your prediction for my upcoming Chicago Marathon on October 7th. Please don't be concerned that your time prediction will have much of an impact on my chances. I could run really well, or I could crash and burn. Anything is possible. I'll be running this race blind, as is my preference, so I'll have no idea how I'm doing until the race has concluded. Here are some rules:

1) Predictions must be made after this post either in this journal, to me verbally, or on my Strava account.
2) Only one prediction per person.
3) Predictions must be in by Wednesday, October 3rd end of day (Central time zone).
4) Winner will be determined by whomever is closest to the final official race time (so not Garmin 26.22 mile time). No "Price is Right" rules, which means you can go over/under on the time prediction and still win. Closest is closest.
5) Predictions can be as close as you like to another person’s guess. So, if someone says 3:45:00, you can guess 3:45:01
6) A prediction must be in time. Thus, a guess of "you'll do your best" or something similar is appreciated but not valid.
7) The tie-breaker will be the person who guessed first. So, if the two closest predictions are 10 seconds off the real time (one person 10 seconds high and the other 10 seconds low), then the person who guessed first is determined to be the winner.
8) In the event I don't finish, the race is cancelled, or I don't have an official time, then there will be no winner.
9) The winner receives a mystery item via email.

TWIST

And the twist for this game!!!

I want you to place your guess behind a spoiler tag. I'd like it if everyone would not look at anyone else's guesses. This adds a different layer to the game in case anyone used other people's guesses as a means to come up with their own. So we're using the honor system in that when someone places a guess behind a spoiler tag, you don't look. Wait until the Chicago Marathon has started and then you can feel free to look at other people's guesses. The spoiler tag method allows the guesses to be saved in this journal rather than in another location. Any guess that is not contained behind a spoiler tag is invalid and will not be used to determine a winner.

How to do a spoiler tag.

-Write your guess in the normal text box you fill in whenever you type something.

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 9.19.09 AM.png

-Then highlight the text you wish to put behind a spoiler tag.

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 9.19.52 AM.png

-Then click the 5th button from the right.

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 9.20.40 AM.png

-Click on "Spoiler" and type in a title OTHER than the time guess itself (like My Guess).

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 9.21.27 AM.png

-Click "Continue" and the text should appear as follows.

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 9.22.14 AM.png

-Now when you post, the information contained with the "Spoiler" tag will be hidden unless clicked.

I think that covers everything. I am free to update these rules if something comes up during the prediction process. I will add any amended rules below this sentence with a time stamp as to when the rules were updated. Everyone is welcome to play! Remember it's just a friendly game amongst friends.

Helpful Data to Make a Guess

Your guess is as good as mine. I have no idea what to think about this race. My fitness isn't where it was weeks ago. My leg is still bothering me (albeit less than a few weeks ago). I haven't run more than 10.5 miles since mid-August and the last time I ran over 15 miles was way back in the beginning of August. So, I have no solid good idea what's going to happen on race day. I do know I'll line up, I'll give a best effort, and I'll enjoy the victory lap. So let's see who can get closest to probably the largest possible finish time window race I've run to date. Good Luck!

2:53:00
(aka NYC marathon qualifying time ... also happens to be a BQ)
Do I get anything for being furthest from your actual time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter