Toy Story Land not opening until June 30th

I wonder if this has anything to do with all of the emails I am getting from various services about crowd levels? While not mentioning any by name I received 2 emails from places that do crowd level predictions and both have downgraded the mob numbers for Hollywood on both of our days there in early June.

So if they are upgrading Toy Story Mania to "4D" from 3D, presumably they built the new half that way from scratch but they'll need to retrofit the old half. Does anyone know if they plan to do this retrofit work prior to June 30 so that come the opening day the ride is operating at it's new full capacity or if they will open with the new section and then close and retrofit the old half? The ride is crazy hard to get on without a FP now and with the additional crowds the Land will draw it would be impossible if they weren't at new capacity in July.

Honestly, I was a little nervous about being there the month that it opened (I'll be there June 19th-24th), so it's kind of a relief. We'll be back in August of 2019, so I'll check it out then.

Do you think that overall crowd levels at DHS will be higher than normal in late June bc people will be waiting around for previews? Anyone have any guesses based on what happened at AK during previews?

Thanks!

We're going Memorial Day - June 1. I was hoping it would be open. Guess we'll have to wait till we go back in November.

Any word on what will happen with FP+ at DHS when Toy Story land opens?

Interesting to see if this will alleviate some congestion from Pandora or not? Galaxy's Edge definitely will!

Heading there in late June but leaving before the opening. Does anyone think this will affect the MK crowds? People who normally would have gone to HS thinking TSL would be open will now be going to MK?

I wonder if this has anything to do with all of the emails I am getting from various services about crowd levels? While not mentioning any by name I received 2 emails from places that do crowd level predictions and both have downgraded the mob numbers for Hollywood on both of our days there in early June.

Yes, I’m sure it does. I got the email this morning from TP lowering the crowd levels on several days for several parks first week of May. I was wondering why they did that since they just bumped them up a month or two ago. They must have been assuming AP and DVC previews would bring more people to the parks and now early May is too early for that.

Silver lining for me since we aren’t either DVC or AP holders. Sorry for those who were hoping for previews in May.

Yes, I’m sure it does. I got the email this morning from TP lowering the crowd levels on several days for several parks first week of May. I was wondering why they did that since they just bumped them up a month or two ago. They must have been assuming AP and DVC previews would bring more people to the parks and now early May is too early for that.

Silver lining for me since we aren’t either DVC or AP holders. Sorry for those who were hoping for previews in May.

I'm sure they assumed the land would be opening then.

I don't see anything showing there's no chance for AP/DVC previews in May or early June. TP changing their crowd calendars doesn't really say much

Bummer, we will be there June 16-21st. I can not change dates. Oh well, we are going for a short trip in Oct.

Grrr......I'm leaving on June 23rd! We do DLR a lot so we are very familiar with the Mater ride (similar to the new TSL ride) and we do TSMM every time, but I was looking forward to the Slinky Dog coaster :(.

Hopefully this means the crowds will be lower. TP did just lower the crowd predictions last night.

Heading there in late June but leaving before the opening. Does anyone think this will affect the MK crowds? People who normally would have gone to HS thinking TSL would be open will now be going to MK?

I doubt you'll see any change. I don't think many people planned a trip upon a guess of when a land would open. So anyone that was already planning to go to HS on a certain day will likely still be going.

I'm sure they assumed the land would be opening then.

I don't see anything showing there's no chance for AP/DVC previews in May or early June. TP changing their crowd calendars doesn't really say much

The land was never rumored to be open in early May. I suppose they could have previews 2 months before the opening but that seems unlikely to me.

The land was never rumored to be open in early May. I suppose they could have previews 2 months before the opening but that seems unlikely to me.

The strong rumor was May 28th, by memorial day. I didn't say anything about early May or previews 2 months early. But I don't see why they can't do previews mid-late may/early June

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter