• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Villains After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Weird. I tried hard close. PP still shows 60min but other times changed for other rides. Everything else loose decent.

So odd. When I first opened the app, PP was showing 15 min. I put it into list mode and it suddenly shifted to 60 min. But just now, while I was typing this, it shifted back to 15 min. I'm thinking 15 min makes a lot more sense for tonight.

Overall we had a good time but I wouldn’t spend the money on it again. We are only here for the weekend and landed at 8:20pm. In MK by 9:45. So we didn’t get a ton of extra time on the ticket, but wouldn’t have had anything otherwise due to earlier park hours.

Crowds were light. Longest we waited was 20 for Space at the beginning of the night. Some were actual walk ons (Speedway, Haunted Mansion, PeopleMover) We saw the caravan and thought it was cute. Popcorn, ice cream and drinks were plentiful and easy to get. Weather was chilly but fine for us. We left home with snow and 20 degrees so 46 was not bad. I think it’s just a new spin on DAH but they really could do more with it for the cost. Again, no regrets but wouldn’t go again.

We were there last night. After hearing mixed reviews, we were a little nervous but ended up loving the event! I think we got in a total of 10 rides in the three hours of party time. Space was down for a while before the party, but came back up at around 9:40. We headed straight there and were allowed in the FPP line with our wristbands. (Standby time was 105 minutes, I believe. I know there were reports of party goers not being allowed through the FPP line, but thankfully that wasn’t the case with us.) We were in line when it hit 10:00, so there was a slight delay as they switched the ride to the Villians “overlay.” (Really lame, in my opinion. They just turned off all the lights and had villain voices.) Off Space by 10:10, and did the following: Buzz, Pooh, 7DMT (about a 15 minute wait, again through the FPP line to go around remaining day guests still in the standby line), PP (posted as 60 minutes, but was only 10), Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder, Pirates, Peoplemover, and back to Space. Stopped a couple of times for Mickey bars, popcorn, and drinks. Snack lines moved quickly and were easy to find throughout the park. Our longest wait was Mine Train, and we waited a few minutes each for Big Thunder, Peter Pan, and Pirates. Everything else was basically a walk-on. We were there for the rides, so didn’t catch any entertainment. It was a great way for us to use our very short time here in the World, and we’d do it again in a heartbeat!

Attended my 3rd Villains After Hours last night, with a party of four. Two adults were in ECV's, and my niece has special needs. Everyone beside me was experiencing it for the first time, so I wanted to make sure they sampled lots of maniacal mischief.

Here is how it played out for our group, starting at 10:
- BTMRR
- POTC
- Scar picture
- Dr Facilier drink
- Maleficent picture
- Magic Mirror picture
- shopping at Fantasy Fair
- Body Language dessert
- 7DMT
- Space MTN
- TTA People Mover
- key shaped grilled cheese
- Hades Hotdog
- 2nd stage show
- parade
- train station villains

For our limitations as a group (multiple wheelchair transfers, multiple bathroom stops, etc), I thought we did well. 5 rides, 4 novelty treats, 3 magic shots, show, and parade, plus free popcorn and drinks.

Between 7 and 10pm, we also snuck in Little Mermaid, Haunted Mansion, another ride on BTMRR, shopped at Star Traders, and ate an early meal at Village Haus.

I highly recommend VAH to anyone on the fence. After three times, I haven't found wait times to be much different that a typical MK AH. I'm headed back for a 4th time in May!

Alright, not sure it’s been posted in here as of yet, but all I’ve found online is the showtime information for the 9 PM to 12 AM events...

I am looking for ALL the showtimes for each showing of both Villains Unite the Night and the Villains’ Cursed Caravan for when the event runs from 10 PM to 1 AM...

Also, where’s the best stop for merch (in terms of biggest selection of all event exclusive items)... the Emporium? What’s a good time to grab the merch?? Can you wait til you’re heading out of the event at closing and still get full pick of everything or does stuff sell out??

Does anybody have any “must haves” for the speciality villains-themed treats? Or are all of them pretty lackluster??

Any extra tips would be appreciated!

Since Once Upon a Time is listed as n/a in the table, I'm guessing they don't have that on party nights, correct? I was just refreshing my touring plan, and got the alert that it's not showing Friday 3/6.

Since Once Upon a Time is listed as n/a in the table, I'm guessing they don't have that on party nights, correct? I was just refreshing my touring plan, and got the alert that it's not showing Friday 3/6.

That is correct. It has traditionally not been scheduled on Villains After Hours nights. This is different the regular Disney After Hours, where it is scheduled.

Alright, not sure it’s been posted in here as of yet, but all I’ve found online is the showtime information for the 9 PM to 12 AM events...

I am looking for ALL the showtimes for each showing of both Villains Unite the Night and the Villains’ Cursed Caravan for when the event runs from 10 PM to 1 AM...

Also, where’s the best stop for merch (in terms of biggest selection of all event exclusive items)... the Emporium? What’s a good time to grab the merch?? Can you wait til you’re heading out of the event at closing and still get full pick of everything or does stuff sell out??

Does anybody have any “must haves” for the speciality villains-themed treats? Or are all of them pretty lackluster??

Does anybody have info on these times?

The Emporium should have the biggest selection of merch. We did not stop there on Friday, but I think Disney Parks Blog mentioned that it had the biggest selection. Fantasy Faire had a good selection of VAH merch, but also had villains merch not specific to the party. My advice would be to shop for merch sometime between 7 and 10, whenever convenient. In my opinion, shopping during VAH (which unfortunately my group did) is a poor use of time.

Ursula's Body Language is sinfully good. Mousse, cake, chocolate shell, and hard cookies all put together in a wonderful way. Good flavor, texture, and visually beautiful presentation.

I also enjoyed the Hades Hotdog. Good flavor, fun presentation, but I would recommend a fork for some of the toppings. It's a bit messy to eat without taking a little off the top. For Disney, it was actually spicy.

The Emporium should have the biggest selection of merch. We did not stop there on Friday, but I think Disney Parks Blog mentioned that it had the biggest selection. Fantasy Faire had a good selection of VAH merch, but also had villains merch not specific to the party. My advice would be to shop for merch sometime between 7 and 10, whenever convenient. In my opinion, shopping during VAH (which unfortunately my group did) is a poor use of time.

Ursula's Body Language is sinfully good. Mousse, cake, chocolate shell, and hard cookies all put together in a wonderful way. Good flavor, texture, and visually beautiful presentation.

I also enjoyed the Hades Hotdog. Good flavor, fun presentation, but I would recommend a fork for some of the toppings. It's a bit messy to eat without taking a little off the top. For Disney, it was actually spicy.

Thanks for the info here! Noted.

I'd fastpass BTMRR... this had a 30 minute wait at halfway in. We did this 3x in a row at the beginning of regular AH with at most 10 minute waits. Pirates had a 10 minute wait
When we went last June VAH started at 10:00. We went straight to Splash and Big Thunder. At 10:00 they were checking bands and we walked on both with no wait. Everything was walk on except Pirates and Space was about 10 minutes and SDMT was posted 20 minutes. We didn’t go on SDMT because we had fastpasses for it when we arrived. Things may have changed since then. I hope Disney isn’t selling more tickets making this event more crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter