VMK sold it's mind on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to say again since this thread has been bumped.

Please keep all discussions civil or this and any future eBay thread will be in danger of being closed.

thanks

Mal

You may knock what people are spending their money on (this is to anyone in general): but: What do you spend YOUR money on? Ever bought anything really important to you that your friends/family said was stupid? Collectors will pay a lot for silly things (like beanie babies) and this is just another way of collecting. If I was rich I would probably be a collector of something, and stamps are boring...coins are boring....hey why not vmk cards or items?

I actually had a conversation about the whole ebay thing with a CM on one of my visits to the park.

We pretty much agreed how insane it is that people will spend such large amounts of money on a virtual item.

BUT she also said, if you want to sell the stuff you get to pay for your Disney vacation, and people are crazy enough to pay for it, more power to you.

Cpt.JackSpearow said:
Hello, the code can..

There really are more polite ways you could have responded to that poster. Maybe they didn't realize it was a code for whatever reason.

blumonkey... how do you know the code has been used? Are you the seller?

Honestly, some of these auctions almost seem worth to me. Then I wouldn't have to worry about getting them done and could just enjoy the magic!

The amazing thing is, as long as people insist on paying rediculous prices for a tiny pile of pixels, people are going to keep right on doing what they're doing. And if I wasnt' the person I am, I might just throw up a bunch of auctions for my tiki torches, my HM costumes (grey and black with tophats), and my indian costume (with the headdress)! I'm pretty sure I could get enough to pay my student loan for August! LoL.

it's a ripoff to buy vmk stuff on ebay

I bought a blue princess dress for my little cousin b/c she could not get one in trade, and it was her birthday. She loved it and could not thank me enough. It only cost me 3 bucks...no shipping ;)...but it seemed to be worth much more than that to her (this is the only ebay vmk item I have bought). I was not ripped off and everyone was happy. I could have just given her mine, but I love my dress, only have one, and I would rather have spent the 3 bucks fast and easy than try to trade everything I have for one on vmk. Saved me time and my vmk stuff! Totally worth 3 dollars to me (and her!)

I'm a business major and all I have to say is: the law of supply and demand. These things are in demand. People want them. The people that have the supply need money, so they sell them to the people that want them. It's just good business sense, and any ebay auction, or any type of sale for that matter, is Caveat Emptor ("let the buyer beware"). If you are buying something, just look at the seller's rating. If a lot of people say "bad seller, I never got my item, blah blah'' then don't bid.

Besides, Ebay has all sellers' info. You can't get away with taking someone's money and not giving what is promised.

These are valid transactions...neither the seller nor the buyer is stupid (well, some of them may be, but we don't know that and have no right to say they are. To each his/her own). The seller wants money more than the item, and the buyer can afford to spend their money on what they want. Maybe a lot of rich people, with more cash than time, play vmk, or their kids do, and they are buying stuff for their kids (I just got an image of Veruca Salt in my head..."Daddy! I want inferno NOW! I don't care if it's $300!")

Somebody: This is a direct quote from the auction:

"When you win this auction, I will simply email you the code to enter in VMK, to receive your very own VIP BADGE"

MiakodaWDW said:
... Besides, Ebay has all sellers' info. You can't get away with taking someone's money and not giving what is promised.

I just wanted to comment on the caution that should be used when buying ANYTHING on ebay.

While I have never ever so much as looked at VMK items on ebay (although I know a few people who have made their share of successful purchases), I have bought many, many, many (yikes) other items on ebay.

Only once did I have something that did not arrive as described. It was quite an expensive purchase and the seller refused to accept any responsibility. Our case went to ebay arbitration and absolutely nothing was resolved. :( It became a case of he said / she said.

The only recourse I was left with was making it a life goal to comment anywhere and everywhere this individual posts auctions. Just know - there is always a risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter