Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit the bullet and went ahead and booked my family's Christmas trip for next year. Staying in the Lion King suite, park reservations all booked. Anniversary and we've never been for Christmas. We'll hit up Universal too, of course.

I'm hoping that by the time December rolls around, the reservations won't be needed, because a year out, you just kinda guess your park days. Also hoping that everything is just back to normal in general. I need the parades and nighttime shows plus the Christmas party.
I read somewhere that park reservations will be in place until 2022. :(

I think it will become permanent
Knowing how many people will visit a park, allows them to fine tune staffing levels and run short-term promos to bring attendance up.
Agree .. I don't see a reason they WILL NOT keep park reservations. I mean .. the FP+ system was essentially a park reservation system.

As long as it doesn't get so unbalanced where you need to make your park reservations many months in advance or not get in a certain park AT ALL during your trip it shouldn't really be an issue.

I don't like it. Especially during the food wine festival. I love going to epcot in the evening and noshing at the kiosks. Unless they bring back park hopping, this is done for me.

I don't like it. Especially during the food wine festival. I love going to epcot in the evening and noshing at the kiosks. Unless they bring back park hopping, this is done for me.

Park hopping will be back. It will be integrated into the reservation system. And once capacity expands to 100% there won’t be any issue getting the park(s) you want, day of, except for the days that sometimes hit capacity like 4th of July and Christmas. What I’m assuming you’ll do is make a reservation as you currently do, and once you’re in the park, you can make a reservation at another park.

I’m honestly surprised parks reservations wasn’t a thing prior to covid. This makes it much easier for Disney to keep track of potential trends in attendance.

Theoretically they can have park hoping and park reservations. Just would need to enable having a park reservation for more than one park on a day or just allow you to hop only if there is available reservations at that time

I would think when back to normal capacity the vast majority of the days they wouldn't fill up reservations so wouldn't be an issue

Be like how it was before under my phased closures

Agree .. I don't see a reason they WILL NOT keep park reservations. I mean .. the FP+ system was essentially a park reservation system.

As long as it doesn't get so unbalanced where you need to make your park reservations many months in advance or not get in a certain park AT ALL during your trip it shouldn't really be an issue.
Once the parks can go back to pre-Covid capacities, I don't think getting a reservation for any park will be an issue outside of holidays. Pre-Covid, it was rare for a park to hit capacity outside of the Christmas/NYE period. And with the reservation system, people won't find out last-minute that they can't get in at the peak periods- they'll know in advance. And any other time of year, it shouldn't be an issue to get a park reservation on the same day.

I rarely plan my trips in advance, and I haven't had an issue with park reservations other than one time when a friend told me he was going to HS the night before. I couldn't get a reservation then, but have all the other times I've tried.

Theoretically they can have park hoping and park reservations. Just would need to enable having a park reservation for more than one park on a day or just allow you to hop only if there is available reservations at that time

I would think when back to normal capacity the vast majority of the days they wouldn't fill up reservations so wouldn't be an issue

Be like how it was before under my phased closures

I would guess park hopping would be just like MaxPass. You use your initial parks reservation, once you’re in the park, you can then choose your next park.

There’s just too many variables right now to allow park hopping. With Universal, most people are staying within the 3 parks because they’re all within walking distance, or a quick bus away. While some might leave property and risk contracting the virus and bringing it back, it’s not as likely as it is at WDW because it’s a lot easier for people to leave the parks (if they have a car) and go off property and come back.

Once the parks can go back to pre-Covid capacities, I don't think getting a reservation for any park will be an issue outside of holidays. Pre-Covid, it was rare for a park to hit capacity outside of the Christmas/NYE period. And with the reservation system, people won't find out last-minute that they can't get in at the peak periods- they'll know in advance. And any other time of year, it shouldn't be an issue to get a park reservation on the same day.

I rarely plan my trips in advance, and I haven't had an issue with park reservations other than one time when a friend told me he was going to HS the night before. I couldn't get a reservation then, but have all the other times I've tried.
I think if they implement more virtual queues .. that would potentially increase demand for certain park reservations, but as it stands right now .. even with reduced capacity .. only DHS seems to be filling up regularly. (BECAUSE it has so many new rides and the boarding group system requires you have to a park reservation).

Have any AP resort guests had trouble booking 10/1/21 at MK? I saw the AP bucket sold out today, so I went to Disney Springs to renew our pass and link my Poly stay over the 50th, so I could book under the resort reservation bucket. Got my renewal, got my resort linked, and I still can't book MK on the 50th, saying it's full! Every day around it is fine, and I can book any other park for that day but the 50th at MK is hosed. Are APs still bound to the AP calendar even when they have a resort stay?

Have any AP resort guests had trouble booking 10/1/21 at MK? I saw the AP bucket sold out today, so I went to Disney Springs to renew our pass and link my Poly stay over the 50th, so I could book under the resort reservation bucket. Got my renewal, got my resort linked, and I still can't book MK on the 50th, saying it's full! Every day around it is fine, and I can book any other park for that day but the 50th at MK is hosed. Are APs still bound to the AP calendar even when they have a resort stay?
No, if you have a resort stay you book under the resort guest bucket. I would try again tomorrow. Give it some time to possibly update in their system and see what happens. You can always call tomorrow.

No, if you have a resort stay you book under the resort guest bucket. I would try again tomorrow. Give it some time to possibly update in their system and see what happens. You can always call tomorrow.
I stopped by Saratoga to see what they said. Right there at the front desk, I was able to book Sept 27-30 and Oct 2-3 for MK, but the 1st was still blocked for me. It like I was given more reservations than my 3 APs that align with my resort reservations, as I should've been, but I'm still bound to the AP availibility. The lady at Saratoga was so confused at the situation. Hoping for better luck tomorrow or later this week...

I stopped by Saratoga to see what they said. Right there at the front desk, I was able to book Sept 27-30 and Oct 2-3 for MK, but the 1st was still blocked for me. It like I was given more reservations than my 3 APs that align with my resort reservations, as I should've been, but I'm still bound to the AP availibility. The lady at Saratoga was so confused at the situation. Hoping for better luck tomorrow or later this week...
There is still availability according to the calendar for resort guests for 10/1/21, so that shouldn’t be the issue. And you’re allowed more than 3 days when you’re staying on property. My guess is it’s because you just bought and activated the pass today, and it’s a weekend. I would wait until tomorrow, see if it works after resetting over night, otherwise call and see if phone IT support can help.

I think it will become permanent
Knowing how many people will visit a park, allows them to fine tune staffing levels and run short-term promos to bring attendance up.
I guess I’m glad my daughter and I did our 4 parks in 4 hours last year. Check that off our bucket list

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter