Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my problem with park reservations continuing. There was always plenty of capacity in every park every day except for the few busiest days of the year. So it's not NEEDED. They want it, as has been said, for the data and so they can adjust staffing. hours. etc. So if they use this to tighten access down, that's bad. It's yet another money grab - they can cut their costs against the same revenue. I don't mind making plans for the first four days - that's in fact to start with a day in each park. But then I want to be free to say we didn't get enough done at EPCOT so let's go there today. Or we didn't make it onto ROTR so we need another day at Studios. Which brings me to... given how bad access is there, are we all going to have to reserve every freakin day at studios until we get in the virtual queue?

At this rate the 50th is going to turn from a one-hero party in to a two-hero party.

We'll have the 50th and a "welcome back" party!

is this an adjustment of tag lines? I always understood it that the Magic Kingdom was the "Most Magical Place on Earth" and then Walt Disney World as a whole was "Where Dreams Come True"
I have always considered WDW as the most magical place on earth. I think it’s interchangeable.

is this an adjustment of tag lines? I always understood it that the Magic Kingdom was the "Most Magical Place on Earth" and then Walt Disney World as a whole was "Where Dreams Come True"
They’ve both used the Most Magical Place on Earth slogan over the years.

Here's my problem with park reservations continuing. There was always plenty of capacity in every park every day except for the few busiest days of the year.
OTOH, it does serve to even out the crowds among all the parks.

Just pretend 2020 didn’t happen. Call this year the 49th and push the 50th back a year.
Sounds like a joke, but I have been thinking this over the past few months. I've been planning / waiting for Disney50 for a couple of years now, and my planned date is for May 2022 - hoping that I can garner as much new experience as I can for my buck. But I am feeling now that we'll only be getting half of what was planned for us. I almost feel that I'd rather wait another one to two years to get everything that they'd planned for us. So with that being said... It made me wonder if they may need or want to revamp the DISNEY50 extravaganza. It may really be in they year of "Disney 52".... but call it off and start the celebration in 2023. People will still fall all over themselves to be there, and we will all be happy to blame it on Covid, as it is indeed the Culprit. Disney 75 can just start up to its correct date / timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter