WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

ridiculous I cant chat, and everytime I try to call still getting circuits are busy.
It took me almost four hours to connect on chat today. But very glad I hung in there because I needed a ton of help linking reservations and sorting out my Friends and Family list. I know I'm preaching to the choir but the fact that such a conglomerate has such truly awful IT never ceases to amaze me! But the CM on the chat was wonderful, thank goodness.

Yes, I know. I'm thinking forward to Wednesday - we don't have hotel yet but three of us are APs and could book 3 days regardless of that fact. Can we add our non-APs to that reservation?
Sorry, I corrected my post but you must have quoted it first -- it's Fri. 6/26 for AP holders. And no, the non-AP holders will not be eligible for a parks reservation until 6/28.

Are we sure AP holders won’t be able to get friends in? If it’s a reuse of the FP system, we’ve seen people with the 60-day window be able to book FP for their group that includes people who, on their own, are only eligible at 30 days. I think it’s worth trying, anyway. The worst that happens is you’ll get a “not so fast” message.

Hey y’all guess what? Some ~Disney Magic~ happened last night and the site has updated! We were able to get all of our park passes for our trip! Boy am I excited. It was a fun journey with y’all and I hope if anyone else has problems they are solved soon. Now I don’t have to get up at 7am for another annoying call. Good luck everyone!

Two questions....

What is everyone's speculation on the return of park hoppers?? I'm trying to decide if I want to go ahead and modify my reservation. I just played around and I can move from Pop with 6 day PH to CBR with 6 day base tickets for only a $100 difference. My trip isn't until November (Thanksgiving). Right now I have 1 day at Epcot, 1 at AK, 2 full days at MK, and 1 1/2 at HS (the half day is our arrival day). Wondering if I even need PH at this point.

Second, if I do decide to modify, will I lose my park reservations i already made??

Two questions....

What is everyone's speculation on the return of park hoppers?? I'm trying to decide if I want to go ahead and modify my reservation. I just played around and I can move from Pop with 6 day PH to CBR with 6 day base tickets for only a $100 difference. My trip isn't until November (Thanksgiving). Right now I have 1 day at Epcot, 1 at AK, 2 full days at MK, and 1 1/2 at HS (the half day is our arrival day). Wondering if I even need PH at this point.

Second, if I do decide to modify, will I lose my park reservations i already made??

I called and modified my October ASMo reservation to Pop since ASMo will be closed, and the rep assured me my park pass reservations would remain. They do still show up in MDE. I think as long as you have a resort reservation on the day of your park passes, you should be good.

I’ve got trips in October and November and my traveling partners are keeping their hoppers for now (I have an AP) in the hopes that hopping will come back later this year. I think Disney will figure out a way to do it if they can, as many people hop to and from Epcot for the festivals, which have to be good money makers for them. I’d recommend keeping the hoppers and then getting a refund closer to your trip if it’s still not allowed.

Two questions....

Unless you need the cash, it probably makes sense to hold on to everything one has until the last minute, to see what will happen in the future.

Has anyone with a 2021 DVC rental been able to add tickets today? They told me I had to wait until the 28th, but my owner said DVC said the 24th.

"My Plans" on the website now shows a "Change Reservation" button next to my December Pop reservation, and clicking it gives me the option to select a new resort, so you might to see if you have the same, and give that a try.
ok - I looked at that and it showed me the same resort I need to change from. So I may just need to call in. I would rather tack the day on to my GDT reservation rather than change rooms again. Or keep the one I have if it will be open - its paid in full

I'm in a similar situation (DVC rental for January 2021) and I was told in a chat over the weekend that we would be part of the 6/24 group.
Any luck? I was just told that I would have to wait until the 28th 😭

Are we sure AP holders won’t be able to get friends in? If it’s a reuse of the FP system, we’ve seen people with the 60-day window be able to book FP for their group that includes people who, on their own, are only eligible at 30 days. I think it’s worth trying, anyway. The worst that happens is you’ll get a “not so fast” message.

Not so fast, repeatedly were the results i’ve Received when attempting to include ticketless DS to our DVC park res in Sept since day one

I made my package reservation online for 2021 successfully! Now I am stuck in a sign-in loop when trying to make Park reservations.

Edit: Was able to make reservations on my laptop, for whatever reason it didn't work on my phone.

Last edited:
So I have made my park passes for December and March. (Finally!) I have room reservations and tickets separately... how does it know which ticket are you using for which trip? I have a set of 7 day tickets that I would like to add a day to but calling seems impossible right now, just keep getting a busy signal (I may try the 1800 number listed above today). Can I just add a day when I get to the parks or later on? The thing is they are also Canadian promo tickets. I’m not sure what sort of price difference would they make me pay right now if I add a day via phone. Does anyone know? Tia!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter