WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Not sure if this is correct place to put this, but I know if will impact travel and has been discussed before. But anyone from Tri-sate who goes to Florida (If Florida allows it eventually) will now have a 14 day quarantine when you get back home per Governors of NY, NJ and, CT

Not sure if this is correct place to put this, but I know if will impact travel and has been discussed before. But anyone from Tri-sate who goes to Florida (If Florida allows it eventually) will now have a 14 day quarantine when you get back home per Governors of NY, NJ and, CT
Also, don’t forget private employers sometimes have rules on this, too. My employer has had a 14 day quarantine in effect for anyone traveling out of the state since late February.

But yea... oof. Hope this doesn’t effect too many people on this board.

At the moment our package is for Sep 2020. That's when NBA will be there. We want to move our visit (from Australia) to Sep 2021 (hopefully by then borders will be open). And for Sep 2021 the resort seems to not be taking reservations.

If your reservation goes beyond 9/26/21, that may be the reason for the reservation not showing.

Arrrrghhhhhh!!!!!!! This kills my August trip!

We just can’t catch a break one way or the other!

We have a DVC points rental and two of us have APs and the other two don’t have tickets for a December trip. We were also planning on going in Oct for a wedding but it was cancelled. Since the wedding was cancelled our friends have tickets that they are not going to use. Does anyone know if we are able to change the names and dates on the tickets so the couple going in December can use them?

Just booked 10 days at the Swan for May 2021 (through Disney) and got a confirmation email, but neither the tickets nor the hotel reservation shows up in "My Plans." Only our December 2020 tickets and hotel show up, so if I try to book Park Passes for May, it tells me I've reached my Park Pass limit. How long does it usually take? Is it possible the system is just lagging behind due to demand today?

Just booked 10 days at the Swan for May 2021 (through Disney) and got a confirmation email, but neither the tickets nor the hotel reservation shows up in "My Plans." Only our December 2020 tickets and hotel show up, so if I try to book Park Passes for May, it tells me I've reached my Park Pass limit. How long does it usually take? Is it possible the system is just lagging behind due to demand today?
I think you need the "Disney" confirmation number associated with the reservations and you need to manually link them into "My Plans". The Swan should be able to provide that number to you.

Does anyone know what the issue is with Coronado Springs? We want to change our CRS bookings for Sep 20 to Sep 21. I wanted to check out pricing, but it looks like the resort is not open for booking, even for September 21. Does that sound right? Why aren't they open for reservations for as far a date as September 21? There are a few other resorts with same issue too (Animal Kingdom Lodge, Copper creek).

That's odd. CSR is definitely on the list of resorts that are able to be booked for 2021:
  • Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort*
  • Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge*
  • Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge*
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House*
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village*
  • Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
  • Disney’s Beach Club Villas*
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Villas*
  • Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
  • Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
  • Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Disney’s Old Key West Resort
  • Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
  • Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows*
  • Disney’s Pop Century Resort
  • Disney’s Riviera Resort*
  • Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa*
  • Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
  • The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa*

Did you book through WDW or directly through Marriott? If you have the reservation number, trying manually linking it in MDE. I just made a Feb. 2021 reservation for the Swan directly through Marriott a few days ago and it took 24 hours for me to be able to link it. Once linked, I was able to make my park reservations.

NBA will be there.

If the deal goes through, the players and staff will be in a “bubble” there through October.
Im starting to hear rumblings that players are dropping out (due to the crazy high co-vid numbers) ...I’m wondering if that means YC, CSR and GF WILL become available? Cause, lol, I don’t want to “switch” if it would be opening!

Okay, not panicking yet. In preliminary reports before the announcement was made, there was the possibility of a provision to avoid quarantine by testing negative. You can shove a q-tip up to my brain if it means I can go on my non-refundable NC trip in July, and my Orlando trip in August.

I will have to follow the developments closely

Does anyone know what the issue is with Coronado Springs? We want to change our CRS bookings for Sep 20 to Sep 21. I wanted to check out pricing, but it looks like the resort is not open for booking, even for September 21. Does that sound right? Why aren't they open for reservations for as far a date as September 21? There are a few other resorts with same issue too (Animal Kingdom Lodge, Copper creek).
I don't think any resort is open for booking in 2020. You will have to call to modify a current reservation.

I guess we won't know for sure til they open, but do you think the parks will end up letting people wearing gaiters in?

I know the verbiage says must be secured by ear loops or tied, but I saw people at Disney Springs with them
I called on that and they confirmed that it will be considered a face covering. The ties and loops were suggestions but anything that covers your mouth and nose that is not a full head mask will be accepted.

I think you need the "Disney" confirmation number associated with the reservations and you need to manually link them into "My Plans". The Swan should be able to provide that number to you.
Did you book through WDW or directly through Marriott? If you have the reservation number, trying manually linking it in MDE. I just made a Feb. 2021 reservation for the Swan directly through Marriott a few days ago and it took 24 hours for me to be able to link it. Once linked, I was able to make my park reservations.

I've booked the Swan for previous trips directly through Starwood (before Marriott) and Costco, so I'm aware of the manual process and delays involved with linking Swalphin reservations in MDE. However, I booked this trip through Disney, so I was assuming that they would handle the linking. Given my past experience staying at the Swan, I would normally just wait a few days to see if the room reservation synced up, but my park tickets don't show up either, and that should be unrelated to Swan room linking, so that makes me wonder if something's amiss.

Okay, not panicking yet. In preliminary reports before the announcement was made, there was the possibility of a provision to avoid quarantine by testing negative. You can shove a q-tip up to my brain if it means I can go on my non-refundable NC trip in July, and my Orlando trip in August.

I will have to follow the developments closely
Keeping fingers crossed for you!!

I’m a nurse. I worked on a COVID19 floor during our surge. It was bad. No one wants to go through that again. I know I’m a bit of a killjoy on some of the mask threads, but having personally seen people die from it, I’m not going to skirt regulations. In addition to my hospital taking a dim view on breaking quarantine, I think the Board of Nursing might have something to say about it, too, and they don’t play. I love Disney, but I need my nursing license.

The good thing is that our government up here will continue to monitor the situation, and add or remove states as their community transmissions rise and fall. There’s still a chance I can go if Florida can get their numbers under control in the next few weeks. Fingers crossed everyone takes transmission prevention measures seriously!

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m a nurse. I worked on a COVID19 floor during our surge. It was bad. No one wants to go through that again. I know I’m a bit of a killjoy on some of the mask threads, but having personally seen people die from it, I’m not going to skirt regulations. In addition to my hospital taking a dim view on breaking quarantine, I think the Board of Nursing might have something to say about it, too, and they don’t play. I love Disney, but I need my nursing license.

The good thing is that our government up here will continue to monitor the situation, and add or remove states as their community transmissions rise and fall. There’s still a chance I can go if Florida can get their numbers under control in the next few weeks. Fingers crossed everyone takes transmission prevention measures seriously!

I don't know where you are from, but as a New Yorker who lived through field hospitals in our parks, thank you.

You are a hero. Thank you for your service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter