We should start a Disneyland Cake Thread

Thanks everyone for the comments on the cake photo ;) ,

The cake was ordered through Vacation Planning along with a gift basket, but for some reason I didn't take a picture of the gift basket :confused3 .

They had several options available. They were able to fax a list to me with all the flavors, sizes and themes available. The one I ordered was the smallest available (I think it was 6") so the decorations were limited. We didn't request anything special except for the cake flavor and let them design it however they thought was best.

For cakes 10" and over, there were several themes and character decorations available, but we were only a family of 4 so it would've been too much cake for us. But all the rooms do have refrigerators so if you do get a bigger cake, at least it won't go bad.

I don't remember the exact cost but I think it was around $40 plus a delivery fee similiar to room service charge.

This service is available at all 3 of the hotels. I had ordered a Little Mermaid cake for my daughter at the Disneyland Hotel and a Buzz Lightyear cake for my son at the Grand Californian, but these were both about 5-6 years ago so I don't have any pictures. But the option is available at all of the hotels.

I just emailed VP....whoever hears back first, please post here what you found out.

That cake looks totally yummy!

Bumping up this thread. Many people are now looking at wanting special things for their trip to Disneyland. If anyone has ANY pics of special things you have arranged/ and/ or, pics of things Disneyland Hotels have given you during your stay please share them if you will. I think this thread would turn out to be a really nice one. I know the WDW section has an awesome WDW cake thread, but you hardly here anything on Disneyland, so if anyone has some to share lets see if we can shine some spotlight on some of the Magical Creations brought to life by the Disneyland crew.

I just emailed VP....whoever hears back first, please post here what you found out.

That cake looks totally yummy!

I too would like to e-mail them. Where did you get an e-mail addy for them?

On our Dec trip we are celebrating two birthdays, so I'm interested in more info as well!

If anyone has ANY pics of special things you have arranged/ and/ or, pics of things Disneyland Hotels have given you during your stay please share them if you will.

Here's a couple baskets we got for the kids during one of our stay as well as some snacks we ordered through VP.

mar-apr2006disneyland164-1.jpg

aug06utlvdisney236.jpg

disneyland2005104.jpg

disneyland2005068.jpg

disneyland2005035.jpg

Which baskets are those? If you dont mind me asking how much? What exactly was in them?

thanks.

gThose are TOO cute. I loved the girls basket. I also loved seeing all the treats you planned. The cookies, and milk was a great pic, and I am sure everyone will greatly appriciate that since it has been a topic on the board about ordering things in room like that. The milk and cookie package is pricey, but now that there is a pic we can see what we are getting for that price, and it's pretty darn cute even if it is 2 cookies, and milk at that price the cute factor, and looks on faces will make up for that. Thank you so much for sharing.

Which baskets are those? If you dont mind me asking how much? What exactly was in them?

thanks.

The pink one looks to be the Princess basket I was told about by vacation planning. Not sure what the boys mickey one is. I do know they can customize things you want from mixing a basket with Pirates/ and Princesses, to making sure there is a full matching princess wardrobe awaiting your little one in the room. Like they said if you can dream it they can do it, and that's no kidding obviously lol.

thanks.

The pink basket was the Princess Fairytale Collection and I believe it was $80-$90 plus tax. Here's what's posted on the VP email: Age Group 3-13
Princess Fairytale Collection
Pink Organza Basket
Princess Minnie Plush
Princess Crown/ 4 Princess Figurines
Princess Autograph Book
Princess Brush
Princess Pen Wand / Princess Club Notepad
Princess Activity Set
Princess Candy Necklace
Princess Pops
Price: $87 Plus Tax
We got in 2006 for dd's 5th birthday.

The Mickey lunchbox was cheaper.
Mickey's Lunch Bunch
Mickey's Lunch Sack
Mickey Mouse Sipper Sports bottle
Mickey Pinball Game
Whirly Lollipop
Mickey's Pretzels
Character Cookies
Price: $48 Plus Tax

We also got ds a basket in Feb for his 9th birthday but I'm having trouble finding a picture of his basket. As soon as I find it, I'll post it.

Here's ds 9th birthday basket.

P1010062.jpg

I honestly don't remember how much it cost. It had cookies, galactic ooze, a key chain, a wallet, mints, and a few other things. I honestly wasn't too thrilled with this basket since one of the items listed on the VP list wasn't in the basket and was instead substituted for another item. Ds on the other was thrilled. He must have played with the galactic ooze every day for about 2 weeks.

victoriaandbellasmom- was the red Mickey lunch bag the Mickey Cooler set on the VP amenities list?

Age Group 5-Adult
California Cooler Pack
6- Pk Disneyland Resort Cooler
(2) Dasani Waters
Twix Candy Bar
3 Muskeeteer Candy bar
Goofy's Sweet & Sour Tarts
Sour Patch Kids
Mickey Shortbread Cookies
Mickey Cheddar Crackers & Mickey Pretzels 2 oz.
Mickey Mouse Chocolate bar
Fab 5 Key Chain
Price: $38 Plus Tax
W/Character Beach Towel Price: $58 Plus Tax

I'm thinking of ordering the Buzz Lightyear basket and the Goofy basket for my boys. I soooowish they still had the Mickey Lunch bag. last year they told me it was sold out. At least the Buzz basket comes with something tangible that you'll be able to take home. Some of the other ones are so expensive for candy and cookies.

Age Group 3-10
Buzz Blaster Basket
Basket
Buzz Trading Medal
Buzz Lightyears Walkie Talkie Set
TS2 Buzz Light Chaser
Buzz Blaster
Goofy Unicorn Pops
Mickey Pretzels 2 oz./
Character Cookies 2 oz.

Price: $76.00 Plus Tax

Age Group 9- Adult
Just Plain Goofy
Basket
Goofy Resin Spring Clock
We're Being Goofy, Frame
Goofy Disney Racer
Goofy Plush 9"
Goofy Personality Mug
Goofy Gourmet Jelly Beans
Goofy Candy Topper tube

Price: $84.00 Plus Tax

Has anyone ordered these baskets? Were you happy with them??

victoriaandbellasmom- was the red Mickey lunch bag the Mickey Cooler set on the VP amenities list?

Age Group 5-Adult
California Cooler Pack
6- Pk Disneyland Resort Cooler
(2) Dasani Waters
Twix Candy Bar
3 Muskeeteer Candy bar
Goofy's Sweet & Sour Tarts
Sour Patch Kids
Mickey Shortbread Cookies
Mickey Cheddar Crackers & Mickey Pretzels 2 oz.
Mickey Mouse Chocolate bar
Fab 5 Key Chain
Price: $38 Plus Tax
W/Character Beach Towel Price: $58 Plus Tax

We have got this one before. Sorry no pics, dh tore it open:rotfl: The cooler is blue with the disneyland logo. Its great because we tore some juice, water and a ice pack and its stays cool for 3-4 hours in the anaheim summer heat.

thanks, your cooler is what VP just emailed me back.
He said it's a blue cooler with DL logo, not Mickey. I guess the cute Mickey lunch box is a thing of the past...oh well. I just don't want to pay $38 for cookies, candy and 2 waters.

I asked if I could switch the contents of the Buzz basket into the cooler....I can't cuz the contents of Buzz won't fit.
But with other baskets you can switch contents but there is a $25 fee to do so.
Looks like I'll be ordering the Buzz basket and leaving the basket behind.:guilty:

Maybe I'll order the disney coolerpack for my husband so we can at least have it for future use.

No, it wasn't the Mickey cooler set. It was the lunch sack. I was just looking at the current VP list and it wasn't on there anymore. I like the Buzz set. If ds was younger we would have probably have gotten that for him. My kids just absolutely light up when they see these things in the room waiting for them from Mickey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter