We should start a Disneyland Cake Thread

I e-mailed VP yesterday and have not heard back yet either. Is that normal?

Here's what I got from VP:

Cakes are available at all three of the Disney Hotels. Cake orders must
be placed at least 72 hours prior to delivery. We can deliver to the
guest room or to one of the hotel restaurants. Sorry we do not deliver
to the Theme Parks.
Cakes and Pricing :

Cakes

6" feeds. 6-8 guest $18.00
10" feeds 10-14 guest $23.50
1/4 sheet feeds 20 guest $ 38.00
1/2 sheet feeds 40 guest $51.00
Full Sheet feeds 80 guest $85.00

Cake : Vanilla or Chocolate
Fillings : Whipped Cream, Vanilla Custard, Chocolate Custard, Chocolate
Mousse, White Chocolatwe Mousse Strawberries and Bananas, Raspberries
and Mangos are a dollar extra.
Frosting :
Whipped Cream, Chocolate Ganache and Butter Cream .

Edibale Images are available on 10' or larger cakes .
Chocolate Mickey or Minnie Figurines are $4.50 each.

We can assit with ordering or you can call room servcie directly.

Let us know if we can assist you with anything else. We offer a
wonderful line of Disney-themed baskets available exclusively through
Vacation Planning. Call 714-300-PLAN, option 2 for details. Many of
our Guests choose these for special occasions or simply to commemorate
their time with us!

Best regards,

Your Vacation Planning Team
Disneyland Resort

Wow! Am I reading this right? A small cake is cheaper than 2 cookies and milk?

For $18 dollars, who wouldn't want a cake like the one in the above post.

Well I finally heard back from VP but after 3 or 4 e-mails back and forth I was told they can ONLY help me if I am staying at one of the 3 hotels. At least that is for the baskets for Sure. Does anyone know if that is true for the cakes too? They said I could get the cake at Storytellers so I don't see why you would have to be staying there but anyway I asked them if I could still get a cake but I haven't gotten a return e-mail about that.

But I def can't get a basket. I am so bummed. Cuz they said I could use a personal shopper to get certain items since none of the pre-made baskets sounded good for my 16 year old.

It sounds like a GREAT service if you are staying at one of the hotels but just wanted to let people know that if you aren't it won't work at least for the baskets. Am still waiting to hear if I can still do the cake. I sure hope so!

Now I am back to wondering what I am going to do for her gift. Since it is her 16th I really wanted to make it special :(

Here's what I got from VP:

Cakes are available at all three of the Disney Hotels. Cake orders must
be placed at least 72 hours prior to delivery. We can deliver to the
guest room or to one of the hotel restaurants. Sorry we do not deliver
to the Theme Parks.
Cakes and Pricing :

Cakes

6" feeds. 6-8 guest $18.00
10" feeds 10-14 guest $23.50
1/4 sheet feeds 20 guest $ 38.00
1/2 sheet feeds 40 guest $51.00
Full Sheet feeds 80 guest $85.00

Cake : Vanilla or Chocolate
Fillings : Whipped Cream, Vanilla Custard, Chocolate Custard, Chocolate
Mousse, White Chocolatwe Mousse Strawberries and Bananas, Raspberries
and Mangos are a dollar extra.
Frosting :
Whipped Cream, Chocolate Ganache and Butter Cream .

Edibale Images are available on 10' or larger cakes .
Chocolate Mickey or Minnie Figurines are $4.50 each.

We can assit with ordering or you can call room servcie directly.

wonderful line of Disney-themed baskets available exclusively through
Vacation Planning. Call 714-300-PLAN, option 2 for details. Many of
our Guests choose these for special occasions or simply to commemorate
their time with us!

Best regards,

Disneyland Resort

A 10 Foot cake :scared1: (10') I know,typo. :lmao:

We went to disneyland for our wedding aniv. and had a cake made for us there. We had dinning something make it. It was beautiful. Teasted great. But they lost it. lol. They did find it in lost and found.

I was thinking of using Sprinkles the cupcake place does anybody know anything about this?

uh I believe Sprinkles is located in Los Angeles. I don't think they do anything in connection with Disneyland at least I have never heard of them doing so. The celebs usually use sprinkles they arent cheap by far. I would imagine you would need to call them, and more than likely if they were to deliever I highly doubt the price is gonna tally up cheaper than disneyland or you may end up having to get over to LA to pick them up. Good luck in which ever you choose.

Ok I heard back and Disney DInning CAN do cakes and they can be delivered to the restaurants but just no baskets. So now I am thinking about just getting her a gift card. Boring I know but since we are celebrating her birthday that first night and will be in San Diego the night prior I don't know what else I can do. :(

I think she will be surpised by the cake though! So here's hoping it all works out! Wish us luck!

uh I believe Sprinkles is located in Los Angeles. I don't think they do anything in connection with Disneyland at least I have never heard of them doing so. The celebs usually use sprinkles they arent cheap by far. I would imagine you would need to call them, and more than likely if they were to deliever I highly doubt the price is gonna tally up cheaper than disneyland or you may end up having to get over to LA to pick them up. Good luck in which ever you choose.

I really did'nt think that it had anything to do with disneyland but just another idea. I hope this answers some of the questions
http://www.sprinklescupcakes.com/index.html

Wow just took a look at the Sprinkles site. They are located on Santa Monica Blvd in Beverly Hills. The flavors sounded awesome, but for that price 40 dollars for 12 I am still leaning towards the Disney Resort doing something. Since the price is about the same without having to drive dead into LA. They did sound good I would deff give them a try if I was already planning a trip deep into the LA area they do seem to be very cutely decorated from the pics I think Sprinkles would be awesome if you're touring the LA area, and you wanted to stop people watch, and have a treat.

Wow just took a look at the Sprinkles site. They are located on Santa Monica Blvd in Beverly Hills. The flavors sounded awesome, but for that price 40 dollars for 12 I am still leaning towards the Disney Resort doing something. Since the price is about the same without having to drive dead into LA. They did sound good I would deff give them a try if I was already planning a trip deep into the LA area they do seem to be very cutely decorated from the pics I think Sprinkles would be awesome if you're touring the LA area, and you wanted to stop people watch, and have a treat.

Those cupcakes sound yummy! If you have your heart set on them, I notice they have a location in Newport Beach. That is about half the distance from Disneyland compared to the Beverly Hills location.

Does anyone know if there are any restrictions on the characters that can be put on a cake like at WDW where you can't get Pooh and Friends? My sister and I are seriously thinking of going to DLR for my birthday and she wants to order a cake for me. I ordered her one at the Crystal Palace at WDW in January that was really cute with Koda on it.

And has anyone had the White Chocolate mousse filling? That sounds really interesting.

It sounds good the white chocolate. I know the bakery at Grand Cali has some darn good buttercream. My Aunt in law ordered a cake before, and said she needed it only for 7 people. They got the thing from Grand Cali, and it was BIG they had a lot of cake left over. It was a custom cake she had specific idea of what she wanted, and she said it was GORGEOUS. I would call VP see what they can offer. I was told if you can dream it they can do it.

It sounds good the white chocolate. I know the bakery at Grand Cali has some darn good buttercream. My Aunt in law ordered a cake before, and said she needed it only for 7 people. They got the thing from Grand Cali, and it was BIG they had a lot of cake left over. It was a custom cake she had specific idea of what she wanted, and she said it was GORGEOUS. I would call VP see what they can offer. I was told if you can dream it they can do it.
Well whatever we get it won't be what I can dream since it will be my sister ordering it for me as a surprise. So it will be what she can dream of what I might like! I told her I saw a Will Turner cake on the WDW board that was super hot and kind of hinted a Will Turner cake would be awesome! :) ;) If not I imagine it will be Mulan since that is my favorite Disney character.

I heard back from VP and here is what they said:

Thank you for your email.

We would need 72 hrs to order a cake. It can be delivered to your room or any Disney Resort Hotel restaurant.

Cake size & price*: 6"($25.65), 10" ($32.71), 1/4 sheet ($51.30), 1/2 sheet ($67.96) and full sheet ($111.56). *Price plus tx and delivery chg.

Chocolate or Vanilla cake, cheese cake on 10" or sheet.

Filling: whipped cream, vanilla custard, chocolate custard, chocolate mousse, white chocolate mousse, cappuccino mousse, strawberries, bananas or raspberries or mango for $1 add.

Frosting: whipped cream, chocolate ganache or butter cream.

You can add a chocolate Mickey or Minnie figurine for $4.50 ea. or an edible image of your favorite Disney Character for $10 (edible image on 10" or larger cake only and recommended with white frosting).

wonderful line of Disney-themed baskets available exclusively through Vacation Planning. Call 714-300-PLAN, option 2 for details. Many of our Guests choose these for special occasions or simply to commemorate their time with us!

Best regards,

Disneyland Resort

Looks like they aren't all on the same page regarding pricing.....

Is there a web page for Vacation Planning so I can see what types of things they offer?:confused3

Is there a web page for Vacation Planning so I can see what types of things they offer?:confused3

Now THAT would be a good idea.....just like if Disney posted their real menu's and pricing for each restaurant at the park but nope, no such site exsists.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter