We should start a Disneyland Cake Thread

Our DD's share the same birthday and this year we decided to celebrate it at the DL Hotel. The housekeeping staff was wonderful! They made the girl sthese "towel" cakes, brought in the balloons and signed character photos.

IMG_3060.jpg

IMG_3059.jpg

Our DD's share the same birthday and this year we decided to celebrate it at the DL Hotel. The housekeeping staff was wonderful! They made the girl sthese "towel" cakes, brought in the balloons and signed character photos.

IMG_3060.jpg

IMG_3059.jpg

Way cool!!!

IMG_3060.jpg

IMG_3059.jpg

Can you tell me how you arranged this? I will there at the end of this month for DD's 3rd b-day and would love to have them decorate the room for her. I dont mind even providing the decorations. :confused3 Thanks!!

Veronica

Can you tell me how you arranged this? I will there at the end of this month for DD's 3rd b-day and would love to have them decorate the room for her. I dont mind even providing the decorations. :confused3 Thanks!!

Veronica

I brought both the "Happy Birthday" and the TinkerBell banner. We brought zip ties with us to hang everything. The housekeeper who did this for us was wonderful. Her bosses even came in to take pictures. They did it after we left for the day on their birthday. When we came back to change for dinner it was all there.

We were in the Sierra tower on the sixth floor. Usually the maids tend to stay in the same area. I do not know if they all do this or if she just goes out of her way. With how happy it seemed to make her bosses though they might start doing this for everyone. :banana:

We had a great lady who checked us in at the front desk and I know she is the one that had to have told housekeeping. She also upgraded our room. Well it was an upgrade for Disney standards. I think we went one floor higher then we were supposed to be.

Just talk to the front desk and let them know about the birthday. Bring decorations, the more the better. Hopefully they will make those towel cakes for you. My daughters each have them in their rooms and they love them still. Bring pictures of them.

One thing I wish I would have done was to decorate with my decorations before I brought the girls to the room. I wish i would have had my husband take the girls to the pool or eat or something and I ran up and decorated. Then it truly would have been a birthday surprise with a room in the DL hotel decorated just for them. That is my plan for next year.

I brought both the "Happy Birthday" and the TinkerBell banner. We brought zip ties with us to hang everything. The housekeeper who did this for us was wonderful. Her bosses even came in to take pictures. They did it after we left for the day on their birthday. When we came back to change for dinner it was all there.

We were in the Sierra tower on the sixth floor. Usually the maids tend to stay in the same area. I do not know if they all do this or if she just goes out of her way. With how happy it seemed to make her bosses though they might start doing this for everyone. :banana:

We had a great lady who checked us in at the front desk and I know she is the one that had to have told housekeeping. She also upgraded our room. Well it was an upgrade for Disney standards. I think we went one floor higher then we were supposed to be.

Just talk to the front desk and let them know about the birthday. Bring decorations, the more the better. Hopefully they will make those towel cakes for you. My daughters each have them in their rooms and they love them still. Bring pictures of them.

One thing I wish I would have done was to decorate with my decorations before I brought the girls to the room. I wish i would have had my husband take the girls to the pool or eat or something and I ran up and decorated. Then it truly would have been a birthday surprise with a room in the DL hotel decorated just for them. That is my plan for next year.

Where did you order the Tinkerbell BDay banner from?? Too cute!
I'd love to order a boys version for my sons for our trip in 2 weeks.
Did you give the decorations to the front desk or leave them somewhere for the maid to find them in your room?

ok everyone,
I still have a month and half until I get to take in the real thing. I need my fix.
Some one has had to been there and taken pics.:confused: What happened to all the lovely cakes and cupcakes and all the other wonderful forbidden fruits? :rolleyes:

Thi scake was not purchased at DL but I did bring it with us for my DD's birthday party at Goofy's Kitchen

My 5 Year Olds Cake
101_9417.jpg

My 1 Year Olds Cake
101_9418.jpg.w560h420.jpg

I just got back from a "Magical" time at Disneyland. I got the idea from this thread to order a cake to surprise my DH for our anniversary. :hug: I ordered a 6" round cake, vanilla flavor with strawberry filling and whipped cream icing. I asked them to write "Happy Anniversary" on it. I didn't order any chocolate characters or any extra frills. But, OMG, you should have seen the cake, it would have done any wedding cake proud, let alone a small anniversary celebration. :cake:

cake1.jpg

cake.jpg

The pictures don't do it justice, the roses were perfectly created and cascaded down the side of the cake. The colors were so delicate. Did I mention that it was delicious too! :cloud9:

It certainly wasn't what I expected, but I believe that I certainly got my money's worth! :)

Wow E wow! Tha is more beautiful than my wedding cake. That it tasted as good as it looks is great. My DH and I are heading out for our 22nd Anniversary and vow renewal at the end of this month and had thought about getting a cake but didnt know? So if this is a to personal question just tell me to bugger off, but how much was the cake and how many does it feed. Congrats on your celebration.:love:

The 6" cake was $18. Here's a menu from Disney Vacations that I used.

Cakes are available at all three of the Disney Hotels. Cake orders must
be placed at least 72 hours prior to delivery. We can deliver to the
guest room or to one of the hotel restaurants. Sorry we do not deliver
to the Theme Parks.
Cakes and Pricing :

Cakes

6" feeds. 6-8 guest $18.00
10" feeds 10-14 guest $23.50
1/4 sheet feeds 20 guest $ 38.00
1/2 sheet feeds 40 guest $51.00
Full Sheet feeds 80 guest $85.00

Cake : Vanilla or Chocolate
Fillings : Whipped Cream, Vanilla Custard, Chocolate Custard, Chocolate
Mousse, White Chocolatwe Mousse Strawberries and Bananas, Raspberries
and Mangos are a dollar extra.
Frosting :
Whipped Cream, Chocolate Ganache and Butter Cream .

Edibale Images are available on 10' or larger cakes .
Chocolate Mickey or Minnie Figurines are $4.50 each.

We can assit with ordering or you can call room servcie directly.

Let us know if we can assist you with anything else. We offer a
wonderful line of Disney-themed baskets available exclusively through
Vacation Planning. Call 714-300-PLAN, option 2 for details. Many of
our Guests choose these for special occasions or simply to commemorate
their time with us!

Best regards,

Your Vacation Planning Team
Disneyland Resort

Congratulations to you as well! :)

The strawberries were in a custard type filling, but not very heavy. There was a layer of butter cream between the cake and whipped cream icing.

I was surprised with a wonderful cake at Hook's Pointe Restaurant. My dad said it was quite the ordeal to get it ordered (not sure exactly what happened) but it was worth it.

There were only three of us so we decided to share with two other tables. The cake was divided into 11 small pieces but we were full from dinner so it was just the right size.

The cake was soooooo yummy!

Dads_MexiLand_Fall_2007_disc_4_084.jpg

Dads_MexiLand_Fall_2007_disc_4_085.jpg

Dads_MexiLand_Fall_2007_disc_4_088.jpg

Marsis_MexiLand_Fall_2007_394.jpg

Giving this a bump. Anyone have anymore pics of cakes?:)

Cakes look yummy. Has anyone made their own baskets? What did you put in them? Seems to me $80 is to much for a basket. I have a 5 and 12 dd. Any ideas? I have a great Disney character wharehouse and my 99 cent store carries Disney stuff.

I'm curious, too about anyone who's made their own baskets. We'll be there for DS's birthday in December and when I asked about birthday buckets while making PS arrangements (at BB) they told me that they don't have anymore boy buckets and won't until January! They did ask me if it was OK if they did "something special" for DS. Hmmm, let me think... OK, I guess if they really want to do something special I'll let them :lmao: . I want to have something on hand just in case this "something special" turns out to be no big deal. Anyone know that this something special is?

Disneyfaninaz, I love your beautiful cake! :love:

DH ordered me a birthday cake for our dinner at Steakhouse 55. Sadly, the cake was lost somewhere between the bakery and the restaurant, so I have no idea what it would have looked like.

The manager of the restaurant was going to comp us some desserts, but after we ordered them and waited and waited, he finally came back and said they'd just whipped up a cake, and hoped that would be all right. It looked very similar to giftcard's Minnie cake, but the colors were kind of orange and yellow instead of pinks, and I don't recall a cookie on the side, just the Minnie figure and the chocolates. It was yummy, with strawberries and I think custard on the inside. :goodvibes

I was surprised with a wonderful cake at Hook's Pointe Restaurant. My dad said it was quite the ordeal to get it ordered (not sure exactly what happened) but it was worth it.

There were only three of us so we decided to share with two other tables. The cake was divided into 11 small pieces but we were full from dinner so it was just the right size.

The cake was soooooo yummy!

Dads_MexiLand_Fall_2007_disc_4_084.jpg

Dads_MexiLand_Fall_2007_disc_4_085.jpg

Dads_MexiLand_Fall_2007_disc_4_088.jpg

Marsis_MexiLand_Fall_2007_394.jpg

Aww...that cake looks awesome!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter