• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

We should start a Disneyland Cake Thread

Thank you all for this great thread! We'll be in DL this year for my birthday, and I showed DH the photo MamaKate provided. "See this cake! I'll handle all the other arrangements, I just would love to have a cake for my birthday. And I love THIS one!" :love:

He said something sweet like, "As you wish." :goodvibes

just wanted to say that if the cake is the same as what we had at our DL wedding, the vanilla cake and white chocolate mousse are very, very good. I was also impressed with their buttercream...thick, buttery, not too sweet. I don't eat frosting (too sweet), but I could have eaten that stuff straight.

I too would be interested as we will be celebrating my dd's 16th birthday in February. We will probably have dinner at Blue Bayou and I would like to arrange for a special cake. Since she is a teen and not a child I want a regular cake and not a "child's" cake. Anyone know anything about what I can get?

Ok I heard back and Disney DInning CAN do cakes and they can be delivered to the restaurants but just no baskets. So now I am thinking about just getting her a gift card. Boring I know but since we are celebrating her birthday that first night and will be in San Diego the night prior I don't know what else I can do. :(

I think she will be surpised by the cake though! So here's hoping it all works out! Wish us luck!

Kelmac, Im not sure if you can get a cake delivered to BB like you can at the hotel restaurants...you might want to check into that one...also I know your disappointed about the basket but why dont you make her one yourself...they have cute baskets at Michaels or check any craft shop....you could put in a couple of cds, makeup, perfume, buy her gift cards to starbucks, disney gift card or disney $$$...if she reads you could get her a gift card from a bookstore or whatever else shes in to....heres a great website where you can order stuff for her...dont know if she has a car but they have car accessories and all kinds of neat stuff...hope this gives you some ideas...:goodvibes
http://www.mouseshoppe.com/

A 10 Foot cake :scared1: (10') I know,typo. :lmao:

:lmao: :rotfl2:

Cool, they are opening a Sprinkles in Scottsdale! We lived there for several yrs, and make almost annual trips back to visit. They do sound delicious!

I am glad someone pointed out the price difference btwn the milk and cookies and small cake. When you look at it that way, it makes no sense NOT to do the cake.

Kelmac, Im not sure if you can get a cake delivered to BB like you can at the hotel restaurants...you might want to check into that one...also I know your disappointed about the basket but why dont you make her one yourself...they have cute baskets at Michaels or check any craft shop....you could put in a couple of cds, makeup, perfume, buy her gift cards to starbucks, disney gift card or disney $$$...if she reads you could get her a gift card from a bookstore or whatever else shes in to....heres a great website where you can order stuff for her...dont know if she has a car but they have car accessories and all kinds of neat stuff...hope this gives you some ideas...:goodvibes
http://www.mouseshoppe.com/

:lmao: :rotfl2:

Thanks Lynn and believe it or not she does NOT want to go to BB. She wants to go to Storytellers and VP told me they could send one there so I know I can at least do the cake. And the only problem with bringing my own basket (I DID think of that!!) is that we have 6 of us going and VERY limited space. She would def see it so it would not be a surprise. So I have decided to get her a Disney gift card that I am going to let her use in the parks. I think she will like that esp if she knows she can get whatever she wants IN the parks. Thanks so much for the suggestions though and believe me if I had the room in my trunk I would have def done it! :)

Thanks Lynn and believe it or not she does NOT want to go to BB. She wants to go to Storytellers and VP told me they could send one there so I know I can at least do the cake. And the only problem with bringing my own basket (I DID think of that!!) is that we have 6 of us going and VERY limited space. She would def see it so it would not be a surprise. So I have decided to get her a Disney gift card that I am going to let her use in the parks. I think she will like that esp if she knows she can get whatever she wants IN the parks. Thanks so much for the suggestions though and believe me if I had the room in my trunk I would have def done it! :)

You could always make one and ship it to the hotel. :)

Cool, they are opening a Sprinkles in Scottsdale! We lived there for several yrs, and make almost annual trips back to visit. They do sound delicious!

I am glad someone pointed out the price difference btwn the milk and cookies and small cake. When you look at it that way, it makes no sense NOT to do the cake.

I know I just looked at the website and saw they are opening in Scottsdale fall 07! I haven't had them, but they look yummy!

The 6" cakes at DL are $25? The ones at WDW (as far as I can tell, I'll find out soon though) are only $12. I wonder why such a big difference?

That's a good idea but we are staying at the Desert Inn. If I were staying at a Disney property I would feel better about it, of course then I could have VP do it LOL but I don't know that I would feel safe shipping it to some place like Desert Inn. I think she will like the gift card just as much but thanks for the ideas everyone!!

I finally got a response to the question I asked:

We are able to accommodate your request of a Will Turner image, :-)love:) provided you choose either butter cream or whipped cream frosting and the cake is 10" round or larger.

A 10" round cake is currently $23.50 and serves up to 12 Guests. The image is an additional $10. There is also a $2 delivery fee, tax and 19% gratuity added.

You may choose chocolate or vanilla sponge cake.

That is going to be a lot of cake to eat, but to have a Will Turner cake, I think would be worth it! :) :love: Now I must give my sister subtle hints that I want a Will Turner cake! ;)

Here is something that we had delivered to our room.

DSC00146.jpg

It is a set of the bride and groom Mickey ears and a giant piece of chocolate shaped as a bottle of wine

DSC00148.jpg

This is a dessert we had at Catal, we did not order or request it. They saw on our reservation that we were celebrating our honeymoon and they did this on their own, we were very excited and surprised.

DSC01564.jpg

Wow that looks really good. I had thought about Catal for a dinner, but was unsure. The nice surprise they sent your way has me rethinking it lol. Never seen any pics from there, but your pics do look good. Thank you for sharing, and hope you had a Maigical Honeymoon.

And has anyone had the White Chocolate mousse filling? That sounds really interesting.

DH and I were married at the DL Resort and our wedding cake was from the GCH. The filling was white choclate mousse with raspberries and it was yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm thinking of order a cake with this filling for our last minute fall trip.

Just wanted to try and post a couple of pictures so everyone can see more options. Over a couple of trips I've had baskets, strawberries and a cake from VP. I would highly recommend the baskets if they are in your price range. Very well done, nice range of food, toys. etc. (sorry DS and DH were too excited and ripped into the basket before I could take a pic for the DIS)

Unfortunately, I didn't have the same experience as others about the cakes. I wasn't impressed with the small cake we had delivered to Goofy's Kitchen for DS's 5th birthday. It tasted ok, not great and I don't think it was decorated anything better than your average grocery store bakery. I really wanted to have Jedi Mickey on the cake but was told even if I brought the figurines they could only add it to the cardboard the cake was on not the cake itself.

47b7db09b3127cce842d06b9b74500000026108AbsmzZs5cst

Below is a plate of strawberries I had delivered to my parents room. We also had a plate of rice krispies delivered that said 'welcome back' that was cute - but of course I can't seem to find that picture anywhere...probably ate those too quickly too :rolleyes1

47b7db09b3127cce854cdb2a466200000026108AYuGjFs2bs0

Wow that looks really good. I had thought about Catal for a dinner, but was unsure. The nice surprise they sent your way has me rethinking it lol. Never seen any pics from there, but your pics do look good. Thank you for sharing, and hope you had a Maigical Honeymoon.

I have mostly eaten at Catal's outside bar UVA and have mostly had a good experience, we did eat at Catal's a few years back twice and found the food very good and service was extra good one trip because we all dressed up in our costumes for Halloween and our friends anniversary, they wore there wedding clothes from there Renaissance wedding and we wore our Renaissance clothes too the server loved it!!!

Just wanted to try and post a couple of pictures so everyone can see more options. Over a couple of trips I've had baskets, strawberries and a cake from VP. I would highly recommend the baskets if they are in your price range. Very well done, nice range of food, toys. etc. (sorry DS and DH were too excited and ripped into the basket before I could take a pic for the DIS)

Unfortunately, I didn't have the same experience as others about the cakes. I wasn't impressed with the small cake we had delivered to Goofy's Kitchen for DS's 5th birthday. It tasted ok, not great and I don't think it was decorated anything better than your average grocery store bakery. I really wanted to have Jedi Mickey on the cake but was told even if I brought the figurines they could only add it to the cardboard the cake was on not the cake itself.

47b7db09b3127cce842d06b9b74500000026108AbsmzZs5cst

Below is a plate of strawberries I had delivered to my parents room. We also had a plate of rice krispies delivered that said 'welcome back' that was cute - but of course I can't seem to find that picture anywhere...probably ate those too quickly too :rolleyes1

47b7db09b3127cce854cdb2a466200000026108AYuGjFs2bs0

Princess Mira - Do you happen to remember the price of those strawberries? DH and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary at the GC next month and those would be great! Thanks!

Hi guys,

Just wanted to report on the info I received from Vacation Planning. I was hoping that they could help w/ a birthday cake even though we're not staying on site and they can't. (Mom and Dad requested my help arranging for my "surprise" birthday cake :lmao: )

Dear Marsi,

Thank you for your e-mail. As long as you are Guests staying at one of
the 3 Disneyland Resort Hotels, we would be able to assist with a cake
at Hook's Pointe!

Please contact Vacation Planning at (714) 300-7526, option 2. Credit
card information is taken over the phone for your protection.

We look forward to your magical stay with us!

Best regards,

Your Vacation Planning Team
Disneyland Resort

Anyone know how we can still arrange for a special cake?

PS - They emailed me back within the hour! Pretty fast service!!!!!

Well does it *have to* be from Disney? Because according to master mason, there's a Von's pretty close by, and if their bakery makes the same recipes as my Safeway up here, they have a pretty good bakery! Not gourmet, but good. :)

Though you'd probably need to pick it up.

Thanks for the idea Bumbershoot!!!!

Did you know that there's a music & arts festival in Seattle named after you? :-)

I just looked at where you're from, so obviously you do know about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter