• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

What are the chances....

Oh no, no wrist bands anymore. You each have to show your room key. You could save a lot of time by having 4 of you "lose" your room keys - they are so accomodating at the front desk to get replacements! Then you all can ride at the same time, but you had best use the accessible entrances to make sure you all get on together! One of you could rent an EVC (split eight ways, it would be worth it) and they won't question it at all.

Thanks, we'll do it your way!!!

I noticed that you are staying at CSR for part of your stay and then moving to GF as a treat for your DD. You could save a lot of money and hassle if you just take her over to the pools at GF, and not actually stay there. You could really take the Swim Around the Monorail tour where they take to to each of the 3 monorail resorts to swim. You won't even have to supervise her, just sit back at the poolside bar. She'll be fine!

I noticed that you are staying at CSR for part of your stay and then moving to GF as a treat for your DD. You could save a lot of money and hassle if you just take her over to the pools at GF, and not actually stay there. You could really take the Swim Around the Monorail tour where they take to to each of the 3 monorail resorts to swim. You won't even have to supervise her, just sit back at the poolside bar. She'll be fine!

Hey, thanks! Does anyone have refillable mugs? We could do a share.

Hey, thanks! Does anyone have refillable mugs? We could do a share.

Just a tip - you can pick up some plain refillable mugs at the Dollar store. A couple of markers, and a bit of a creative steady hand goes a long way. If the CM says anything, just tell him it's part of the new vintage mug collection, they just started it. Then start yelling at them for emabarassing you in front of other guests. They will quickly apologize, and give you a free room upgrade.

Just a tip - you can pick up some plain refillable mugs at the Dollar store. A couple of markers, and a bit of a creative steady hand goes a long way. If the CM says anything, just tell him it's part of the new vintage mug collection, they just started it. Then start yelling at them for embarassing you in front of other guests. They will quickly apologize, and give you a free room upgrade.

Not to hijack your thread or anything, but will doing the online check-in increase or decrease my chances for a free room upgrade from a value resort to say.....the GF!

Just a tip - you can pick up some plain refillable mugs at the Dollar store. A couple of markers, and a bit of a creative steady hand goes a long way. If the CM says anything, just tell him it's part of the new vintage mug collection, they just started it. Then start yelling at them for emabarassing you in front of other guests. They will quickly apologize, and give you a free room upgrade.

You put me in a budget frame of mind. I was thinking why blow the $$$ when I could make my own refillable mug. When I was looking in my pantry, I found these and I figured, why not use them? Tell me what you think.I don't want to go through the trouble of making any others until y'all tell me that these are very realistic! Be gentle it's my first effort:
poly.jpg
gf.jpg

I've read through this thread and gotten a LOT of great tips! Thanks so much!

I have a question, though. We are planning to stay at AKL. As a special treat for my two DDs, I'd like to plan for them to be able to pet the animals. Can I set it up for one of the CMs to call the animals over so my girls can pet them? How much would that cost?

Also, I'm trying to work out a budget for our vacation. What are the possibilibilites of not booking a reservation at AKL, but just booking an ADR at Boma so we can get into the parking lot to park our car and then, we would sleep in our car for our vacation. I'm thinking that would save a ton of money and once our car is parked, we can just use the bathrooms in the lobby to clean up before we hop on the bus to go to the parks each day.

I'm not sure if anyone else has had this idea or not, but I thought it was a great one.

Also, I'm trying to work out a budget for our vacation. What are the possibilibilites of not booking a reservation at AKL, but just booking an ADR at Boma so we can get into the parking lot to park our car and then, we would sleep in our car for our vacation. I'm thinking that would save a ton of money and once our car is parked, we can just use the bathrooms in the lobby to clean up before we hop on the bus to go to the parks each day.

I'm not sure if anyone else has had this idea or not, but I thought it was a great one.

Good one! I just had this image of a family moving their car to a resort every three hours for ADR's!!!!!

Also, I'm trying to work out a budget for our vacation. What are the possibilibilites of not booking a reservation at AKL, but just booking an ADR at Boma so we can get into the parking lot to park our car and then, we would sleep in our car for our vacation.

Have you considered a slpit stay? I hear Grand Floridian is nice! You can see the 7 seas lagoon from the parking lot.

I didn't even think about a split stay!

Let's see, if we are there for 7 days, we could hit quite a few of the resorts. That may be the perfect vacation!

Thanks!

I have a question, though. We are planning to stay at AKL. As a special treat for my two DDs, I'd like to plan for them to be able to pet the animals. Can I set it up for one of the CMs to call the animals over so my girls can pet them? How much would that cost?

Huh, as much as it costs to stay at WDW, the CM should do it for free. If they try to charge you, call the front desk screaming that there's a gigantic rat in your room. Then tell the manager you want a special one on one with your kids and the animals as compensation. The manager shouldn't complain because they have to pay the CM anyway.

Sorry, I'm hoping someone here will know the answer to this. I can't find any info on this anywhere.... :confused3

We just got two dalmation dogs. DW and DDs want to bring them with us so they can get married at Disney World! We're thinking of recreating the whole wedding scene from 101 Dalmations. Does Disney do anything like this? Everything I see about weddings is for humans. Surely they can handle a dog wedding! We also want Cruella to be a guest at the wedding. Of course for the reception, she'll get her dues. I really could use some pointers on how to make this magic happen for our dogs. :thumbsup2

Sorry, I'm hoping someone here will know the answer to this. I can't find any info on this anywhere.... :confused3

We just got two dalmation dogs. DW and DDs want to bring them with us so they can get married at Disney World! We're thinking of recreating the whole wedding scene from 101 Dalmations. Does Disney do anything like this? Everything I see about weddings is for humans. Surely they can handle a dog wedding! We also want Cruella to be a guest at the wedding. Of course for the reception, she'll get her dues. I really could use some pointers on how to make this magic happen for our dogs. :thumbsup2

Wow, I can't believe you couldn't find that answer anywhere. I've seen that topic come up over 100 times on these boards.

Anyway, here's the short answer:

Your dogs can not get married at Disney World due to the fact that Florida State laws currently does not recognize dog marriages.
Now there is a bill in congress to allow them, as technically you are not in Florida when you are at Disney World - being that it is it's own World, then there are immigration, tax, and so many other issues that come in to play.

So what most people have been doing is going to Disneyland instead, as the State of California, is just a State of Mind. They do recognize Dog marriages, and the CM's are very accomodating in helping you plan these marriages. They even offer free free milk bones for the brides maids. And if you play your cards right, you may be able to swing a night in Pluto's house for the honeymoon night.

Good luck.

Question... we are driving down next Friday night and are set to arrive on Sunday morning. If we drove all night and most of Saturday and got there before Saturday night, they can put us in our room early, right? I mean, what's 12 hours earlier? We really just want to get down there as soon as possible. they should accommodate us, right? For free, of course.

Wow, I can't believe you couldn't find that answer anywhere. I've seen that topic come up over 100 times on these boards.

Anyway, here's the short answer:

Your dogs can not get married at Disney World due to the fact that Florida State laws currently does not recognize dog marriages.
Now there is a bill in congress to allow them, as technically you are not in Florida when you are at Disney World - being that it is it's own World, then there are immigration, tax, and so many other issues that come in to play.

So what most people have been doing is going to Disneyland instead, as the State of California, is just a State of Mind. They do recognize Dog marriages, and the CM's are very accomodating in helping you plan these marriages. They even offer free free milk bones for the brides maids. And if you play your cards right, you may be able to swing a night in Pluto's house for the honeymoon night.

Good luck.

:thumbsup2 Thanks!

Just one question. Does Cruella make it to Disneyland? We really want her at the wedding. Just to rub it in her face. We were hoping for the world, but I guess the land will have to do. :confused3

I just heard a rumor that MK is bringing back castle o'cake for 2010. I missed it the first time and can't wait. Anyone got pix? princess::cake:

:thumbsup2 Thanks!

Just one question. Does Cruella make it to Disneyland? We really want her at the wedding. Just to rub it in her face. We were hoping for the world, but I guess the land will have to do. :confused3

Rub what, wedding cake? :rolleyes1

HI all I am going to Disney in January can you look at my plans and answer the few questions I have?

1/13 breakfast at Chef Mickey's @ 5:00am, do all of Magic Kingdom, then have lunch at Boma @12:30pm, do all of Animal Kingdom, then Dinner at Le Cellier @ 6pm then tour all of Epoct, head back to the resort for a rousing game of soccer in the courtyard around midnight.

1/14 Fantasmic breakfast at 50's PTC, all of DHS then back to Magic Kingdom where we'll get in line for the fairies which will take like 5 minutes, have a one on one lunch with all the princesses and take a personal tour of backstage and the suite in cinderella castle, then we'll go back to DHS and watch Fantasmic from the front row with my 2 year old who is afraid of fireworks. THen we'll take the monorail to Typhoon lagoon for our personal surfing lessons, and head back to the resort to play marco polo in the pool around 1:00am before heading to bed.

Now my questions are...
1. I haven't made my dinniong reservations yet. DO you think I can just walk up and get in?
2. I want to charge my segway up while ridding the rides. Do you think there is an outlet I can use at every ride?
3. I am bringing my brand new gianormous camera with the big flash. Do you think they will stop the Haunted Mansion ride so I can set up and take some pictures?
4. My 2 year old was born in August but we are going in January, which restaraunt has the best birthday celebration?
5. Can some one make a room suggestion that is on the ground floor, right near the pool, restaurant, front desk, and elevator?

My trip is so close, gee I know I am going to get a free room upgrade!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter