What is VMK Pal?

And again, I'm back with how much ill sentiment has that newsletter full of decrees caused?

I wouldn't mind it being bigger and screencaps easier, etc (not that I know where to GET vmkpal), but it doesn't sound like anything on it is really cheating, so why care?

*sighs*

It's a bit depressing to hear so many people in so many threads bummed out because of that newsletter.

And to agree with qruthie, less players mean less staff...and maybe one less producer if the game becomes less profitable.

:stir:

punkskateboarder said:
ITS a SCAM!!!!
It's not a scam the person that made it has spoken on it specificly why it was made and why they made it available. The question is should it be used and is it prone to any issue. I completely trust it is lagitamate but don't and won't use it, simply for lack of use for the features it offers and the concerns some have over safty and one paticular aspect of it (scripting capabilities).

I don't see how you can be banned from VMK pal, it's an easier way to get on VMK without going onto the homepage, it saves your screen shots, and gives you the option IF YOU WANT TO so save your information for easier log in. >_> Of all people Yavn should know that often the VMK home page does not load for some because of all the people trying to get in VMK, so VMK pal makes it easier it's a great "pal".
No it's not a scam, it's a time saver.
I know with my quest rooms typing out "Welcome to Lady's Quest, read the wall" gets tiring so adding it to the quick list of words then just hitting alt+1 or crtl+1 I can't remember >_> Is a lot easier and faster.

mtlhddoc2 said:
I guess I am the odd man out. Every "function" of VMK Pal which is mentioned, I already have on my computer without an add on. I can take screen shots, I can store up to 50 accounts on the VMK logon page, I have ShortKeys, what does VMK pal do that is so special that people cannot live without it? I really have not seen anything that makes it even remotely useful to me. In fact, I feel it would be a hinderance to my VMK experience and cause more computer lag than VMK already does. Keep in mind, I am a computer tech running near top-of-the-line models with 2 gig of ram and 3.7 ghz duo core processor and a 2 gig video card on an upgraded cable internet line (or Triple T3s at work) and VMK STILL locks up my computer.

OT: but HOLY COW! Think of the capabilities with that, especially with fiber-optic!

i ended up deleting VMK pal bc i heard that i will get banned from using it and i love VMK and don't want to get banned :guilty:

Don't say it's a scam, if you don't know your facts or have it installed.
I don't use it because I have an advantage and it makes me feel guily, compared to others who play VMK the 'old fashioned way' and we get special perks. Don't flame me or comment on this post, please and thank you. it's just my opinion and I don't mean to spark an arguement.

Nanoer said:
I stopped using it because my mule's information got stolen and the only place I got on it was from the saved info from vmk pal

THAT is my concern. I have not read posts beyond Nan's b/c I dont have time, but I took my passwords off after 2 days when realizing that vmk pal was not affilitated with vmk. could the person running it be using our info? They would have access right? Should I even take off the logins too? (I left the emails addys for my 4 characters on there, but took off the pw's.) also since my pw's were there for 2 or 3 days, should I change them now?

If my main account was stolen I would not know what to do. I have been "cultivating" my account for a year now! And, as most of you know, I have a LOT of rare stuff and credits! Not to mention 30 rooms of stuff and some I worked really hard on!

Dragonlord11_7 said:
OT: but HOLY COW! Think of the capabilities with that, especially with fiber-optic!

we are in the process of running fiberoptic lines throughout my building at work, but it should increase the speed all that much, maybe .1% or so. We are not at speed capacity now with regular coax cables. If we removed the firewall, I could probably double my net speed, but, that aint happening!

Tiinkerbelle said:
I don't see how you can be banned from VMK pal, it's an easier way to get on VMK without going onto the homepage, it saves your screen shots, and gives you the option IF YOU WANT TO so save your information for easier log in. >_> Of all people Yavn should know that often the VMK home page does not load for some because of all the people trying to get in VMK, so VMK pal makes it easier it's a great "pal".
No it's not a scam, it's a time saver.
I know with my quest rooms typing out "Welcome to Lady's Quest, read the wall" gets tiring so adding it to the quick list of words then just hitting alt+1 or crtl+1 I can't remember >_> Is a lot easier and faster.

Everything you mentioned here is available WITHOUT VMKPAL. BUT, your "timesaver" is against the rules. Essentially, that is shortkeys, aka a "scripting" program. Yavn has SPECIFICALLY said that these are not allowed.

Screen shot: ALT+PRINTSCRN takes a pic of only the top window.
Direct logon without going to homepage:
https://secure.disney.go.com/vmk/en_US/index?name=LoginPage&bhcp=1
Save information: Windows will save your logon info for you in a secure file on your hard drive and will store up to 35 usernames and passwords PER SITE.

Why is everyone so high on Pal again?

mtlhddoc2 said:
Screen shot: ALT+PRINTSCRN takes a pic of only the top window.
i

Maybe it's b/c your computer is different, but I can screen shot by just hitting prt Scrn, NO alt required! But, it stinks without Pal b/c you cannot take another one until you copy it to Paint or something and save it. Since hitting printscreen is essentially like cntrl C, it copies the screenie to the clipboard, so if you hit the button again, it will wipe out the last one you took and replace it!

List of risks:
Computer can go really slow with two of them up.
That's it.
Why is everyone so high on Pal again?
Because we've tried it and gave it a chance without listening to people like you who basically say it's useless. And that link for logging in you gave-I find that annoying, a full window when VMK only takes a little bit of space.

Shaymojack said:
List of risks:
Computer can go really slow with two of them up.
That's it.

Because we've tried it and gave it a chance without listening to people like you who basically say it's useless. And that link for logging in you gave-I find that annoying, a full window when VMK only takes a little bit of space.

Mine does not stay in a full window when I logon to VMK, it fits perfectly inside the screen.

I say it is useless because everything you get with Pal is already available, except for the fact that Pal modifies the VMK window (see scripting rules) and the fact that it is open source and more than likely, easily hacked. Really, if everyone is going to bash me for pointing out the obvious, I can go ahead and decompile it and then get a volunteer and see if I can backwards hack it and steal their password easily. (the key word there being easily, any system can be hacked). Especially since the "creator" of this program does not want to share information such as security with us.

MiakodaWDW said:
Maybe it's b/c your computer is different, but I can screen shot by just hitting prt Scrn, NO alt required! But, it stinks without Pal b/c you cannot take another one until you copy it to Paint or something and save it. Since hitting printscreen is essentially like cntrl C, it copies the screenie to the clipboard, so if you hit the button again, it will wipe out the last one you took and replace it!

adding the "ALT" to the procedure takes a shot of only the top window and not the entire screen. and if you have MS Office on your computer, you can just use the Office Clipboard and take 24 screenshots before you have to paste them out.

My big complaint is that I hear so many stories, on this board alone, about people who download Pal and then suddenly their stuff disappears. I have been on VMK since Day 1 and have never had anything go missing for any reason. I have not missed one single day of logging on since VMK went live last year and have never had any issues with stuff being stolen etc. No, I do not think Pal is the culprit, but I do think it is the facilitator.

mtlhddoc2 said:
adding the "ALT" to the procedure takes a shot of only the top window and not the entire screen. and if you have MS Office on your computer, you can just use the Office Clipboard and take 24 screenshots before you have to paste them out.

Thanks, that is great b/c I hate having all the background windows there in the screen shot. I will use Alt from now on! good tip. But I don't have Office so I still have to paste the screenie into paint or something and save before I can take another one...

I was wondering what were the dangers of getting this, and what are the pluses, cause IE always sorta has a lag on it. And i really want to try something new. But im not sure if i should get it, or not. So I really need your opinons!

Thanks!

ktink94 said:
I was wondering what were the dangers of getting this, and what are the pluses, cause IE always sorta has a lag on it...
Since VMK Pal is just a shell for IE it will not help the lag at all. In fact it could add a little more lag.

Oh...would it save time for logging in or anything like that?? Cause it looks like alot of people have used it. And also does it steal your password?

MiakodaWDW said:
Thanks, that is great b/c I hate having all the background windows there in the screen shot. I will use Alt from now on! good tip. But I don't have Office so I still have to paste the screenie into paint or something and save before I can take another one...

If you don't have office there is a program called Cliptray that you can use to save multiple screenshots.

Cliptray

I am gonna try that Cliptray out!
You can change case of text! I love that!no more being forced to type in caps! Just copy what I type and poof! Its in caps!
Thanks Coasterguy, you rock!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter