What year did you first join DVC?

tvwalsh

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I just wanted to see what years had the most members joining.

2003 though the promo at the time was to sell the year's points back for $10 a point and have that amount deducted from the sale. Didn't stay until 2005.

Just joined in 2007.
I did some research before we went to WDW in April/May and I knew that I might want to buy DVC before we got there. Last day of our trip, I asked my husband to join me on a tour. I sold him on it in the van ride over to SSR lol!

We visited HHI in '97 on an offer in Southern Living Mag. (I think it was $99)
We avoided any sales people.

We went back on the same deal in '98 and then stayed at WL while VWL was being built. We took the "DVC tour".

In '99 we joined and chose HHI because it was closer to home.

The big promotion back then was you got free park passes up till Jan 1, 2000.

Only regret is we didn't buy in 1991...:goodvibes

2003 though the promo at the time was to sell the year's points back for $10 a point and have that amount deducted from the sale. Didn't stay until 2005.
Aug 2003, we were staying 10 days at AKL and they also put the cost or our room toward the purchase. Since then I've added on at SSR 2004 and AKV ( 2007. I think I have an addiction!:banana:

Janauary of 2000 and did our first stay in December of 2000.

March 2001.

I remember walking by the kiosks back in Dec 1993 and turning up my nose at that whole time share concept. We then visited again in 1994, 1997, and 1999. Found the Disboards while preparing for a 2000 Disney cruise. Read about DVC and decided to take the tour during our March 2001 visit. DH wasn't so thrilled. However, when I told him we'd get a free lunch at Spoodles, he was game. :rolleyes: After lunch, we went back and signed up. I think we paid something like $72 dollars a point. One of the best decisions we've ever made. I really wish we'd stopped at the kiosk way back when.

The big promotion back then was you got free park passes up till Jan 1, 2000.

Only regret is we didn't buy in 1991...:goodvibes

I joined in 1994 and feel the same. Boy, those passes were terrific!

In February I added on points at AKV too.

Became a member in 2001 with 200 points at HH. Did add on at SSR, 130 points in 2003.

January, 2002. I sometimes say that 9/11 sort of caused us to join DVC. I had a trip planned in January, 2002, but right after 9/11, with the downturn in travel, Disney closed POR, where I was planning on staying. I was so disappointed, and even more disappointed at where I moved to (All-Star Music), that I started looking into DVC. It was a solo trip, but when I brought all the literature and the VCR tape home....well, the rest is history.

1998 We stayed at the Boardwalk in '96 the month after it opened, and I would have bought right then & there if we had the money. It took us a little over a year, and we ended up paying cash & buying in at the beginning of 1998...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter