What's cooking?

I was hoping that her husband would make the chicken and I could make the dessert and let the peached marinate in liquor. Lots and lots of liquor. :woohoo:

....even more reason to stop by one night. Party at Tony's, anyone else coming?

Can I come??? I may have to bring the work vehicle...but I am sure I can bribe the dispatcher to ignore the locator being just a little bit out of our area....

Can I come??? I may have to bring the work vehicle...but I am sure I can bribe the dispatcher to ignore the locator being just a little bit out of our area....

Hun, I'm sure dispatch could be bribed, but how would Atlantics Medic 7 & 8 like that? Hmm, gotta check out who covers Mountainside Hosp. now, Atlantic sold them.

The night gig called and asked if I wanted the night off! I'm there!

I'll grab the peach schnapps on the way out of work! :cool1:

Tonight is a B-day meal for Mom-in-law. I will spare her by not mentioning the number, besides I think that she would chase me around the house with her broom. (Did I just say that? :rotfl2: )

I am making Chicken kabobs marinated in a ginger soy sauce, rice and black beans and fresh green beans. Sister-in-law is bringing the dessert, peach shortcake. She can't cook, so I am hoping that she did not mistakenly buy a watermelon.

Anyway. We live in Michigan and it is supposed to be a beautiful evening. Anyone want to join us. :lmao:

I am SO there -- it sounds yummy! How about I bring mexican corn-bread made with this years' first green chiles from the garden? Big Jims -- nice and mild / Anaheims for those who prefer more of a kick.:thumbsup2

hey Tony...when is this little party gonna happen????

Home alone here tonight, thinking about making a Lasagne. Gonna grab some Piergories too and try to experiment with that saurkraut recipe!

What's everyone else eating today/tonight?

I never did write down that recipe. My bad.

I drain a package of saurkraut or two (canned or bagged) and add it to to a saute pan. I pour in betwwn 1/2 and a full dark beer (depends on how much of it I drink between the bottle and the pan). I add a pinch of celery seed, and chopped onions, and some sliced kielbasa. I bring it to a boil and let it simmer until onions are soft. If the beer runs out (in the pan) add some more. You dont want it to dry out. In another pan of hot water, defrost frozen pierogi. Drain well. Line a casserole dish wiht butter or butter spray. Combine the pierogi and kraut. Now depending on my mood heres where it gets interesting. Sometimes, I simply mix in sour cream or sometimes I add some cream of celery soup to make it creamy. I add some sour cream. And bake. I serve with sour cream. I don't think I missed any steps. I just cook off the cuff, I dont have many written recipes.

Tonight, a frozen dinner, I think. Been cleaning my basement and taking pix's for ebay and craigslist all day.

Lined up another interview for a different job this Wendesday. Haven't heard back from co.#1 yet, there "finalizing some things and will make a decision hopefully mid-week" per the headhunter. Co.#2 is part time, but sounds better and I get a better gut feeling about it.

Pierogies tonight! Woo-Hoo! Mrs.T's low fat cheddar & whipped potato version. (Only brand and all the boxes -- 3 -- Safeway had). I'm thinkin' homemade would be better but... they are still pretty darn yummy. Thanks, Mike for the low-down about saute-ing in butter and onions!
Betcha we're the only rednecks in NAvajo county eatin' pierogies tonight! :banana:

Lean Cuisine Lemon Grass Chicken.

I just had an interview.....I don't want to jinx myself, but I am excited.

Tony,
Where are they? I know I saw a opening soon or now open sign, but I can't remember wehre.

I never did write down that recipe. My bad.

I drain a package of saurkraut or two (canned or bagged) and add it to to a saute pan. I pour in betwwn 1/2 and a full dark beer (depends on how much of it I drink between the bottle and the pan). I add a pinch of celery seed, and chopped onions, and some sliced kielbasa. I bring it to a boil and let it simmer until onions are soft. If the beer runs out (in the pan) add some more. You dont want it to dry out. In another pan of hot water, defrost frozen pierogi. Drain well. Line a casserole dish wiht butter or butter spray. Combine the pierogi and kraut. Now depending on my mood heres where it gets interesting. Sometimes, I simply mix in sour cream or sometimes I add some cream of celery soup to make it creamy. I add some sour cream. And bake. I serve with sour cream. I don't think I missed any steps. I just cook off the cuff, I dont have many written recipes.

QUOTE]

You drain!! The Kraut!! that is simply blasphemous in our home.....although we use homemade kraut aged in a barrel in the basement. MMMMM I can not wait for football!

Your recipe sounds really yummy….. I think I may “borrow” it and try it out for a game this season if you do not mind :flower3:

Usually we do kraut, beer, kielbasa and pork (that has already been seared in a pan) into the crock pot. Then for the pirogies I boil then sauté them with onions and butter until they get a little brown on them……..
I got to go home now I am hungry

Actually I usually drain and rinse the kraut. I don't like the excessive additives in the commercial products. It also cuts down on some of the sodium. Plus I can't stand the smell of the stuff. I used to work for B&G Foods, they are a distributor for one of the larger brands of bagged and barrel krauut on the East Coast. I used to have to check the pallets daily for leakers and my office was directly above the barrel storage.

You drain!! The Kraut!! that is simply blasphemous in our home

:lmao: Reminds me of my first boyfriend....100% Italian. I was making spaghetti and took it out of the box and broke it in half before adding it to the boiling water. I thought he was going to have a heart attack! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter