What's cooking?

Pierogies tonight! Woo-Hoo! Mrs.T's low fat cheddar & whipped potato version. (Only brand and all the boxes -- 3 -- Safeway had). I'm thinkin' homemade would be better but... they are still pretty darn yummy. Thanks, Mike for the low-down about saute-ing in butter and onions!
Betcha we're the only rednecks in NAvajo county eatin' pierogies tonight! :banana:

OMG I love these!

I'm taking a Personal Health class at the community college and it's just making me so darn sensitive to the food I love to eat. Pooh!
It's guilting me into excercising though!

Home alone tonight so NOT cooking but am eating a Southwestern Chicken Salad from of all places McDonald's and it is scrumptious. I wish I could buy Newman's Southwestern Dressing at the store but so far, no luck.

Someone mentioned London Broil yesterday at work, and yes that sounds great! But I think after two doubles in a row, it's time someone waited on me tonight! Macaroni Grill or Kissimmee Steak House? :confused3

We just got done enjoying a delicious sausage gravy over biscuits!

I'm going back to bed. :rotfl2: I'll be digesting this for the rest of the day.

Randall

:rainbow:

We just got done enjoying a delicious sausage gravy over biscuits!

I'm going back to bed. :rotfl2: I'll be digesting this for the rest of the day.

Randall

:rainbow:
YUM! Only way to make that better is a big dollop of grits swimmin' in butter right next to the biscuit. I repeat: YUM!

My new DBF (only a month) :love: made a great dinner. It started out as hamburgers in a marinade then it ended up as sloppy joe's..long story. BUT they turned out really good. He's so sweet I didn't care.:goodvibes

Last night I made a really yummy Bolognese Sauce...but tonight ????? I stayd awake until 3 am reading Harry Potter, I think tonight my DH will have to cook!

We're going downtown to an Italian place thats been around long before Disney came to town! :cool1:

20 tables cramped into a room the size of an average living room, grandpa and grandma sitting at the table nearest the door, cousins serving, God knows who is in the kitchen, but the food is darn good! All I know is NO DISHES to do! :thumbsup2

Mike,
Can you share the name and address? My Mom loves italian and she'll be down there working the end of August.

UGH Shrek is playing "Indecisive Gemini" now. "Well, maybe we'l just go to Macaroni Grill since its just down the street." UGH Make up my mind!

But the place is Lido's.

http://orlando.citysearch.com/profile/2386672/orlando_fl/lido_s_italian_restaurant.html

It's easy to miss, so be sure to print exact directions. It really is a little hole in the wall. It's in downtown Orlando. Another good Italian place is in downtown Kissimmee. Terantino's.

http://orlando.citysearch.com/profile/2845773/kissimmee_fl/tarantino_s_italian_restaurant.html

Well as usual plans changed over 20 times once we got in the car. Long story short we ended up at Azteca, a new Mexican chain out of Washington State. This is about the fourth time we have eaten here, and I don't have a negative thing to say! The food is great, the atmosphere is good, the service is friendly and efficient! The bill (before tip) was only $30 and we each had a margarita, and dinner. (I had enough to bring home a bag for lunch tomorrow:woohoo: )

To give you an idea of where it's at, if you coming from Disney and heading towards the airport via the Greeneway (417) take the Orange Blossom Trail exit, turn left (north) and its on the right hand side about a mile down the road. If you local, or visiting, give this place a try for decent Mexican Food!

Here is the company link....
http://www.aztecamex.com/

Five Guys Burger OMG these are the best!

OMG, is right. Good cheap eat. Cayla and I went to Five Guys Saturday night Cheesecake Factory had too long a wait........I know, I know DUH Bergen County on a Saturday night. Not until after I was seated and eating my burger did I see the menu had "small" burgers. So I had the double cheeseburger (which is listed as a cheeseburger) with raw and fried onions, fried mushrooms, A1. We split large fries. Now, I don't know if it had to do with it being so close to closing, but it was about the largest large fry I have ever seen. I'm still stuffed from the meal. And as the icing on the cake they have Mr. Pibb!!!! I never drink regular soda, it makes my sugars go haywire. Actually I almost never drink regular except Mr. Pibb which is rare to find in our neck of the woods anyway. Cayla is so good to me....she didn't object and I had fries and regular soda. The burger was dripping good.....I kept singing greasy grimy gopher guts. I usually sing a silly type song when I like something.

Dose Beefaronie count as cooking.. it was either that or hot-pockets due to the fact that I am banned from making anything on the stove top.

(who knew that a ceramic/glass stove top would get soo dirty when a pot with milk and water over-boils, and the milk burns?)

Adam

Dose Beefaronie count as cooking.. it was either that or hot-pockets due to the fact that I am banned from making anything on the stove top.

(who knew that a ceramic/glass stove top would get soo dirty when a pot with milk and water over-boils, and the milk burns?)

Adam

I am sure you know about the glass cleaner that is sold specifically for glass top stoves, right? It works really well...especially on cooked on messes!

Yes, and I can not tell you how grateful I am for that cleaner :)

It might have saved my life.. :cool1:

Adam

I am sure you know about the glass cleaner that is sold specifically for glass top stoves, right? It works really well...especially on cooked on messes!

Yes, and I can not tell you how grateful I am for that cleaner :)

It might have saved my life.. :cool1:

Adam

Adam, don't worry - I'm in your club. I regulary attempt to ruin Cayla's (padalyns) cooktop. I am soooo used to a gas range, and I am a pan flipper, and well :rolleyes1 just plain messy in the kitchen. I forget cooktops don't cool down as quickly and I put pans back on the cooktop after turning the knob off. And just to confuse me more, she has cast iron pans..I can never get the heat regulated right. I burn more food at her house. I want fire and flames to cook on.

Adam, don't worry - I'm in your club. I regulary attempt to ruin Cayla's (padalyns) cooktop. I am soooo used to a gas range, and I am a pan flipper, and well :rolleyes1 just plain messy in the kitchen. I forget cooktops don't cool down as quickly and I put pans back on the cooktop after turning the knob off. And just to confuse me more, she has cast iron pans..I can never get the heat regulated right. I burn more food at her house. I want fire and flames to cook on.

Hey - I LIKE my stove AND my iron cookware. I will admit - It took some time before I got used to electric...but now - I like it better than flame - I feel I can use less time, because I use the "cool down" to do the finish cooking on items.

The Iron - well - that is just plain good cookware! The stuff lasts forever, doesn't chip, break (unless one REALLY hits a tree hard with it - I did that once....), and then clean up so easy!!

SInce I am allergic to teflon (yea, go figure....) non-stick is not really a good option for me. I do have a couple of items that have it, but I inspect them before each use, if there are chips or scratches...bye bye.

hhaarrrruuummmph....tiggr33 just hasn't seen the light yet...I have to believe that!

OMG, is right. Good cheap eat. Cayla and I went to Five Guys Saturday night Cheesecake Factory had too long a wait........I know, I know DUH Bergen County on a Saturday night. Not until after I was seated and eating my burger did I see the menu had "small" burgers. So I had the double cheeseburger (which is listed as a cheeseburger) with raw and fried onions, fried mushrooms, A1. We split large fries. Now, I don't know if it had to do with it being so close to closing, but it was about the largest large fry I have ever seen. I'm still stuffed from the meal. And as the icing on the cake they have Mr. Pibb!!!! I never drink regular soda, it makes my sugars go haywire. Actually I almost never drink regular except Mr. Pibb which is rare to find in our neck of the woods anyway. Cayla is so good to me....she didn't object and I had fries and regular soda. The burger was dripping good.....I kept singing greasy grimy gopher guts. I usually sing a silly type song when I like something.

Glad you enjoyed it! I always get the Jr burger and reg fries. The fries fill up the cup and almost the entire bag! Not surprised about Cheesecake factory, or any of the restaurants in the row there. I may stop in for lunch again at 5 guys this week. POssibly going to Montclair Sat night for dinner if we could get a table at my favorite place...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter